B-Wing for Wonderfest

Hey Jason, I received my Nice-N bwing kit this week, and since there is no building instruction, I'm using photos, including yours, to find where the smaller parts go. I noticed on your photos that you have details between the four engine exhausts. Are these some random greebles you added yourself, or they are supposed to be part of the kit? I'm asking because if it's the later, I don't think I got these parts. But I know the original model had nothing there, so I would not be surprised if you took some artistic liberties.
I was able to id almost every part, I narrowed it down to those four parts in photos, I have no idea where they go. The small tank seems to be the same as the one located between the wings, at the back, but there is already one molded there, so that's not where it goes. If you guys have any idea...
unnamed.jpg

The tank goes just below the engines and in between the two center wings!!

That's what I thought too, but the tank is already molded in there, so that's a duplicate I guess.

unnamed.jpg

I imagine the 4 round thingies have something to do with the engines, but I don't know either. And for the two smaller parts, I'm just clueless. But not too bad for a studio scale n00b, was able to match everything else. Granted, it's not as complex as a Ywing...

EDIT: Sorry for highjacking the thread

Last edited:
The tank is from the Tamiya 1/32 scale F-14A Tomcat kit; it is the accumulator tank from the nose gear well. If the '4 round thingies' you are talking about are the cylindrical extensions in the same image, those are part of the hinges for the two 'S-foils', aka the folding wings. This 'block' is situated next to the main 'engine box' opposite the side where the crew pod attaches. The below is a head-on view of this component as I've depicted it in my drawings (notice the accumulator tank in red...):
Sfoil_guns_pivot_revised_inplace.jpg

If you're talking about the four rings seen earlier, then perhaps those are spacers for the "hinge", which could be worked by drilling through the hinge and the wing parts to take a threaded rod to accept the elongated nuts as per the original model, allowing for posittioning the wings and then tightening to set the configuration.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards, Robert

BTW, the B-Wing filming miniature can be labeled as 1/32 scale since the piliot figure is sourced from the same Tomcat kit...like Scott Graham indicated.

Last edited:
The tank is from the Tamiya 1/32 scale F-14A Tomcat kit; it is the accumulator tank from the nose gear well. If the '4 round thingies' you are talking about are the cylindrical extensions in the same image, those are part of the hinges for the two 'S-foils', aka the folding wings. This 'block' is situated next to the main 'engine box' opposite the side where the crew pod attaches. The below is a head-on view of this component as I've depicted it in my drawings (notice the accumulator tank in red...):

If you're talking about the four rings seen earlier, then perhaps those are spacers for the "hinge", which could be worked by drilling through the hinge and the wing parts to take a threaded rod to accept the elongated nuts as per the original model, allowing for posittioning the wings and then tightening to set the configuration.

Thanks for the help. As I mentioned above, there is already a tank between the wings (see the second photo I attached). But at least, if you confirm there is only one such tank on the whole model, then that means this other one is a leftover.
As for the circles, I thought about them being part of the hinges too because they seem to have the same diameter, but when I try to put the wings on, everything seems to fit nicely, it's even a bit tight, so I don't know where they'd go

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back