Star Trek Beyond Tunic from ANOVOS

Faing08

Hi!

Anovos has delayed 2 times the date of this product and we are close to the date (June 20) and customer support say the same thing always "we are within range" but it is very suspicious that it is so close and nobody Know where the tunics are.

Does anyone have more information?

Hi, I'm in the same boat, sort of, but I'm waiting on the ST:ENT jumpsuit. They are saying they are on target... But nothing firm 21 days out. Hopefully the large shipment of stuff Anovos got (mentioned in the Anovos Vader and Star Wars thread here) has some Trek stuff. I'm willing​ to wait cause Anovos has been very good to me... And I know how often delays come out of no where in manufacturing stuff.. . Here's hoping this is our lucky month!

Apollo, are you serious?

For the quality of Anovos (which is really good) we have to endure that they deliver when they want, that they do not give answers and that their system of customer service has no more response than "it is in the delivery window"

Yesterday they changed the date again (it's the 4th if we take into account the quarter-style style change of seasons) Now they say it will be in summer of 2017.

That means they have been almost a year since they promised delivery. Is that normal? Is it fair to customers? What do I do with a uniform of a movie that was released a year ago ?.

It is a mockery for all and although its quality is good it did not justify so many delays. (Not even an armor or a helmet).

By the way, in the customer service they say: "if there is a delay you will receive an email with the reason" ... Well, there was no reason! ... no more real estimate or idea where the tunics are.

It's as if they said: A container arrived! ... and they open it and: uh-oh, they did not come... delay the date ... Do they have no more control? ... That's why I reaffirm that neither they know where they are the tunics and what is their real status.

By the way I read all the problems they have had to request a refund, that these are not for money and that they take more than the 10 days that they say. Then simply my money is imprisoned, I do not have the tunic and I am tied of hands ... everything for the quality... Good.

Oh they know where they are they are just not saying!

Like anything with them you just have to wait, you will be glad you did

Sure am.

Their quality is second to none, regardless my advice to you is try and get your refund since the wait is too long for you and never order from them again.

In my dealings with them I only had about a year wait but I knew it would be worth it in the end and it was

Apollo, are you serious?

What do I do with a uniform of a movie that was released a year ago ?

Are you serious? You are aware that many of us here, if not the majority, are working on costumes from movies that came out 40-80 years ago, right? A lot of the stuff we make/collect will never, ever see a high end and/or licensed replica release, much less one as accurate as what Anovos turns out. I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of the tunics, but I'm not going to have a fit because the fad will have passed by the time I get one. Here's a list of things you can wear the uniform to:

1. The release of the next movie.
2. Any con ever for the rest of time, because everyone will always know what Star Trek is and what each of the uniforms looked like.

I am with you on this I have waited a year nearly for the tunic and now a month for the refund its a shambles. I am going to use the refund if I ever see it which is highly unlikely with this company to buy a different one yes it will be poorer quality but at least i'll have it and not have invested $200 into thin air. Besides I have the other components to the costume its just the main thing (tunic) i'm fed up of being let down by anovos for.

The delays are frustrating. I really hope they continue to refine their business practices.

I also wish they didn't keep everything a secret... When I ask about product availability they give the run-around..
it would make for better business to be upfront and straightforward about the process and why they experience incredibly long delays.. Sometimes a purchase isn't for me to selfishly wear, but rather a gift for someone else or I am depending on their deadline when making a decision about whether or not it will align with a deadline for a convention or gathering..

I understand their side, and that delays happen but it's no excuse for conducting business in secrecy. if it's gonna be another 7 months grow a set and be upfront with me

Okay-- long story short I have wanted a ST:2009 tunic. However Anovos never replenishes the stock of black undershirts in my size. it's been almost 2 years waiting for black undershirts.. On ebay a third party seller listed theirs undershirt- I quickly flew to Anovos to buy the tunic as i could now complete the look. HOWEVER Anovos pulled the 2009 tunic.
I reached out asking why but was given no details other than they sometimes run out of stock.. They cited the ST:beyond varient as an option... I purchased the Beyond Tunic....

Today I go to Anovos and Viola! the 2009 variants are all back!!! No one at anovos could be like "Dude, wait a week they are coming back" ?! I just wrote to them to express my continued frustration (see below)

"I am baffled- for two weeks i was communicating via email and livechat trying to find out why the 2009 tunics were pulled... No one in support could give me an answer or assist.... I was given the option of purchasing a ST:Beyond tunic that isnt even shipping yet.... I went ahead and proceeded with the purchase. Not even a week later and the 2009 shirts are up on your site... can you imagine how frustrating that is.. there is so little communication- why is everything a secret with you guys. A rep informing me to wait a week for the product I wanted would have been fantastic.. Now I own a tunic which isn't even available to ship until lord knows when, because once again you don't share details of when we can expect to receive an item. I have been such a big fan of Anovos but anytime i try to throw my money at you guys I cant because a product is out of stock and there are no details... long story short I didn't order what I wanted because no one could give me any details, and if i'd waited instead of speaking with a rep i'd been able to purchase what i wanted to begin with"

Anovos lost me when, a few years ago at a Con, I was seriously asking questions about ordering an entire ENT set - jumpsuit, jacket and pips - and was about to place my order when some Star Wars fans walked up and starting looking at the (more expensive) armour. The sales rep I was talking with dropped me immediately to talk with the Star Wars fans, even though I had my credit card out and was ready to buy. I guess the possibility of selling a few thousand dollars worth of Star Wars costumes to three or four people was more important then the sure thing of a few hundred on one Trek set. Since then I've been tempted to order a few small things, but if they don't want my business they have nothing I can't live without.

That's just bad customer service, my impression of this company is that they are more concerned with presentation, the Booth at the conventions, rather than producing reasonably priced high quality items.

At San Diego Comic Con 2017 (in July 2017)---the Anovos booth was selling @ the Convention....several ENT jumpsuits... include Large, Small and XL... and they were on sale $445 (Con sale)..I was tempted to buy a Large one...but after I tried it (way too big/long)--and they didn't have mediums.

Their customer service is awful..best way to deal with them (at a convention)... many years ago; I tried to purchase a TNG Uniform via Layaway and they wouldn't take my last payment (which made me think that they didn't actually have the product)..finally, I saw them at a convention; printed all of my email msgs, etc...and confronted the President of the company who finally resolved it on-site. (shaking head)

Welp got the official notice of another Delay- WINTER 2017 for the beyond tunics.... I spoke with a rep 11 days ago that assured me delivery by halloween was pretty solid..

Here is my transcript from today
Chat started on 08 Sep 2017, 04:06 PM (GMT+0)
(04:06:31)*** Visitor 93415147 joined the chat ***
(04:09:28)Visitor 93415147: 11 days ago I had a correspondence with a rep in email about this arriving by halloween and I was told there shouldn't be a problem... I just got the newest update telling me vaguely it'll be some time in fall
(04:09:37)*** Amanda joined the chat ***
(04:09:46)Amanda: Hello!
(04:09:59)Visitor 93415147: Order #ANOVOS-xxxx
(04:10:03)Amanda: Our sincere apologies for this delay, we can certainly understand your frustration
(04:10:12)Amanda: One moment please while I pull up your order
(04:10:17)Visitor 93415147: Thank you.
(04:12:29)Amanda: Thank you for your patience. We do truly apologies for the push back on this product, it was delayed just earlier today. We do hope to have these out in early fall. Fall for us covers September 22 to December 21st
(04:14:09)Visitor 93415147: THe whole reason I ordered the beyond Tunic is because days prior to the purchase the 2009 tunics were pulled. (no one had answers on when they'd be back or why they disappeared) i was told items are only listed if in stock and this (beyond tunic) was a great option that could arrive by halloween.... I purchased this and then a week later the 2009 tunics were back on your site.
(04:15:04)Visitor 93415147: and now here i am waiting on another delay for this item
(04:15:22)Visitor 93415147: we've gone from spring to maybe fall
(04:16:41)Amanda: I can understand your frustration with the wait, our sincere apologies
(04:17:58)Visitor 93415147: I was sold on this item by another online rep as it being a great alternate to the 2009 option (since you no longer had those in stock) .. If i had waited a week for you to have the 2009 tunic back on your website and decided not to take the advice of your employee I'd have the option i wanted to begin with
(04:18:08)Visitor 93415147: now i am in limbo. and your company doesnt give answers
(04:18:55)Amanda: If you would like to cancel this order we can set that up for you
(04:19:25)Visitor 93415147: I never imagined myself being one of those irate customers on the RPF. they all come off like a**holes (sorry ya'll dont take offense) and Being an employee in customer service myself i've given your company benefit of the doubt
(04:19:58)Visitor 93415147: Referencing back to the RPF I have read several threads regarding the refund taking months to process. so honestly I am on the fence an unsure of how to proceed
(04:21:35)Visitor 93415147: is there anyone I can contact for a more concise and accurate ship date?
(04:21:46)Amanda: I see. Our current wait time for a refund is 13-15 business days
(04:22:01)Amanda: at this time the fall estimate is the best that we have, I'm sorry about that
(04:24:23)Visitor 93415147: well i'm not sure if you take active feedback. but here is a thought - people sorta look forward to these items. it's a luxury to spend hundreds on a costume and i'm not losing sight of that, but frankly has to be a more realistic time-line given and better communication to the people giving you money on good will that you'll deliver
(04:25:05)Amanda: I will absolutely pass your feedback up the chain. Thank you for taking time out of your day to voice your concern about this
(04:25:55)Visitor 93415147: for now I am willing to sit on my hands, and simmer in angst and disapointment. but god forbid this date gets moved to spring 2018 maybe gives us a heads up.... it's like we've been planning a family trip to disney but the trip keeps getting rescheduled... the kids are tired and pissy
(04:27:31)Amanda: I can understand where you are coming from. Thank you for giving us another season
(04:28:17)*** Visitor 93415147 has rated the chat Bad ***
(04:28:17)*** Visitor 93415147 has commented: employees was friendly, but still no answers ***
(04:28:19)*** Visitor 93415147 left the chat ***

- - - Updated - - -

anything in orange i added post-convo

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an alternative:

Bought a Beyond tunic from the China vendors on eBay. Spent $50 to have it professionally altered. Comes faster, looks just as good; costs way less.

Attachments

• 29540373041_21ecea5833_z.jpg
    29540373041_21ecea5833_z.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 137
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back