Star Trek Beyond Tunic from ANOVOS

Looks Good Bryanakin- Right now that biggest thing for me is trying to figure out why Anovos has delayed the release of the Beyond tunic 3x now. My attention has shifted onto more concerning matters than just getting the tunic.
It is frustrating to sit here in limbo while they announce new pre-orders every week for new items- especially when they can't even fulfill the orders they've taken on.

Why ask why?

It is what it is, they run their business like eFx.

There are quite a few things I want from Anovos but I certainly am not going to give them an interest free loan and wait years for the order to ship IF at all

I finally got mine after two season delays. Was getting pretty frustrated with Anovos too, but now have a better understanding of their business model and would order again.

I was fortunate enough to be an extra in Star Trek Beyond and the Anovos Tunics are pretty darn close to the real ones. Heads up, we wore Underarmor in the movie to dim the headlights.

star_trek_beyond_tunic_display.JPG star_trek_beyond_cosplay.JPG

Attachments

• star_trek_beyond_tunic_anovos.JPG
    star_trek_beyond_tunic_anovos.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I just wish they were more clear about their "buisness model" BUT I suppose it would be a hard sell if they were honest with people. If a 3-month wait will consistently turn into a 9-12month wait there should be a large disclaimer the moment your internet browser brings you to the home page. lol

I'll post this response I got from "Reggie" at Anovos that kinda made me ok with waiting a little longer.. I did end up buying a $50 tunic from Amazon to help me get through this difficult time. #firstgalacticquadrantproblems

"This is the initial production run for this item, and it is not uncommon for unexpected delays to occur during the pre-production stage of an initial production run. Sometimes estimates fall far short of initial projections. Sometimes they occur because of slow Licencor approvals (which must take place at every stage of pre-production), but usually they occur for reasons not considered in the initial projections; a case of 'not knowing what you don't know'. We have since tackled all of these pre-production problems, and the Tunics have moved into the 'production phase' so there is no need to worry about future delays. The shift in the delivery schedule took place to insure that this product could now be provided 'on schedule'.

We currently use the category of 'Interest List' to determine what items to do additional production runs on. Our initial product levels are set in conjunction with 'Pre-Orders' received here at ANOVOS and requirements set down to us by our License holder, CBS Inc. CBS, Inc. not only determines the initial production numbers, but they also set the initial standard for the high quality costume items that we provide. As the only Authorized Distributor of the products that we provide, we are bound by their standards of distribution, and as such are strictly forbidden to sell prototype items to the general public."

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the sizing on these? I wear a Large in everything from Anovos but heard that these run smaller.

I measured myself and based on Anovos' sizing chart I was within the medium sizing, but borderline large. In the pic I posted I'm wearing a medium. Even though they're designed to be form fitting (not tight), I find the length to be a bit short, sleeves and waste (I'm about 5ft,11in). I decided to place another order for a large, so yeah would recommend going a size up if you're towards the high end of a size on their chart.

I measured myself and based on Anovos' sizing chart I was within the medium sizing, but borderline large. In the pic I posted I'm wearing a medium. Even though they're designed to be form fitting (not tight), I find the length to be a bit short, sleeves and waste (I'm about 5ft,11in). I decided to place another order for a large, so yeah would recommend going a size up if you're towards the high end of a size on their chart.

Well all their other costumes usually fit me perfectly. I have the Han Solo Bespin ensemble , TNG Tunic and Pants, had the Luke Bespin and they are all larges.

I got their "Kelvin-verse" starfleet undershirt in size Large and it was like a Baby shirt. So I'm skeptical of the tunics.

Thanks for the input! Might just try and XL to see.

I Requested the CANCELLATION of my "Standard Line Tunic" The reason- I could be waiting until the end of fall season (if i'm lucky), AND the Premiere Line Tunics in XL and 2XL are in stock and ready to ship... I purchased my size and while I am spending more money with premiere line it'll at least be here by halloween which was the entire reason I made the purchase of the standard tunic in the first place!
I am hoping they process this request without any grief as I feel I have been exceedingly patient

What upsets me(read that as pi**es me off) about them, is they do not make sizes above a 2XL!! What? Do I not matter? All my life I've been a heavy guy, and most of my life I've been made to feel "less than" because of it. Guess Anovos is no different. I emailed them but only got the generic "sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience" response. I finally asked why nothing above a 2XL was made...their response was that the larger sizes didn't sell as well so we're discontinued. Sickens me. Why can't they make larger sizes available on a per order basis?!!
I'm truly sorry everyone for ranting but I'm seriously upset, and feel like my money is as good as anyone else's.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

My XL premiere tunic arrived yesterday. I had to quickly list it on ebay and go to anovos to buy a size larger (see below). It grabs in all the wrong places..

Good:
The quality of fabric feels amazing
Not disappointed with craftsmanship
Looks beautiful

Bad:
Athletic Fit- if you are a fluffy XL or 2xl, you know that Athletic fit doesn't cut it. my Anovos TOS velour tunic was xl and fit great, this not so much
Badge is not magnetic (and not QMX brand) 3pins in total that need to go through the fabric
Badge pin backers are long so badge sticks off chest

Overall Glad I have the option to go up a size. and I will be happy once I get a tunic i can comfortably fit into

Refund request initially started on Sept 8th... still no refund. Reaching out ever couple days since for update. was told this is a 12-15 day process so I've been plenty patient.. suppose i shouldn't be surprised based on the above commentary....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back