Wonder Woman (Post-release)

IMO they blew up the factory not because it had any gas in it but because all the gas making stuff was in it. They probably could not blow up the plane on the ground.I wonder why he did not jump out (Did they have parachutes in WW1? He did not use it when he crashed the 1st time) but I understood it.

Yes, they did have parachutes during WW I but they weren't in common use at the time yet. Also, one of the nations (I think it was Britain) didn't believe in them, thought that they were cowardly and if their pilots had them they wouldn't fight as hard knowing that they had an "out" as it were.

Overrated? Hardly. I think the fact that its still making money helps to show thats not the case.

Oscar-worthy? Who knows? Those things are mostly Hollywood politics anyway. Its not always the most deserving that wins an Oscar, but the one that ran the best campaign.

Saw Hans Zimmer in Chicago on Friday, incredible concert! A must see, hear and feel, as when the bass hits, you feel it to your bones. Here is the BVS Wonder Woman theme, missed a couple of seconds from the beginning, dumb camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't have been more underwhelmed by this film. It took forever to get up on its feet and then it stumbled all over. Far too long, so many wasted scenes. Gadot was lousy, and as much as I like David Thewliss, the man is possibly the least threatening person on earth. The big showdown of the gods was boring as hell. I'll give it points for killing Kirk.

Frankly, I didn't expect much and that's what I got. Eye of the beholder.

I couldn't have been more underwhelmed by this film. It took forever to get up on its feet and then it stumbled all over. Far too long, so many wasted scenes. Gadot was lousy, and as much as I like David Thewliss, the man is possibly the least threatening person on earth. The big showdown of the gods was boring as hell. I'll give it points for killing Kirk.

Frankly, I didn't expect much and that's what I got. Eye of the beholder.

Unfortunately, you're right. The way people were raving about it, I was expecting Iron Man 1 levels of quality, but it wasn't even close. I guess when you're a die-hard DC fanboy, anything that isn't as dismal as Suicide Squad is seen as a win. But while it was an okay movie, it certainly wasn't anything to rave about. It was pretty standard DC fare. It might be the best DC movie to come out in a long time, but that's not saying a lot.

I still wanna know what kind of SuperSpecialAwesome Amazon Sailboat that was that they got to London from somewhere in the Mediterranean in what looked like a day -- and not the couple months it actually takes.

I still wanna know what kind of SuperSpecialAwesome Amazon Sailboat that was that they got to London from somewhere in the Mediterranean in what looked like a day -- and not the couple months it actually takes.

I thought the same thing. Also, Trevor says something like "We got a ride," and there's no explanation of what he's referring to.

The least of that film's problems.

I wanted to like this movie A LOT, and I liked it...some. The first bit on Themyscira was pretty awesome, and I could have just watched some homebound story play out there for two hours and loved the hell out of it. This was one of the few sci-fi/fantasy type films where I feel like I had too much plot thrown at me. So much war backdrop, the little group they gathered together, with the guy losing his nerve and all that...who cares. I didn't care about any of that, and I found it overwhelming. That said, maybe having so much foreground stuff made WW seem more "part of the woodwork" and less outrageous/unbelievable.

I love a badass female; Arya Stark, Alice (RE), Xena, Asaaj Ventress...they always just seem more layered. I liked Gal Gadot, but she's likeable as a person, so I'm not sure how much I actually liked her as the character. :-\

The one thing that DID irk me, was having it take WW's "love" for Steve being the impetus for the strength she needed to overcome her adversary. I found that not terribly empowering for her. :(

I liked it; will I see the sequel? Not sure...and I hate feeling like that. :(

I thought the same thing. Also, Trevor says something like "We got a ride," and there's no explanation of what he's referring to.

The least of that film's problems.

Having just seen it for the first time a few days ago I got the impression he was talking about the tug boat that they showed at the beginning of the scene.

I actually liked the movie and will watch the sequel if and when it comes out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back