Wonder Woman (Post-release)

Im bummed I still havent seen this. My mom canceled on me :lol. I have yet to see a movie solo and I dont plan on it now. Looks like Ill have to wait until it comes on VOD.

I'm confused....maybe someone in here can explain if this hasn't been addressed already...

If Ares destroyed Diana sword...where did she get her sword during events of Dawn of Justice? Did she go back to Themiscyra?

Or she had someone make her one like it...?

Both swords are very different design, they're not alike at all. In the 100 years between the two films, she probably acquired the new one somewhere.

Im bummed I still havent seen this. My mom canceled on me :lol. I have yet to see a movie solo and I dont plan on it now. Looks like Ill have to wait until it comes on VOD.

Whats wrong with seeing a film solo? I do it all the time, no one I know has the same wish/need to devour films as much as I do, I'd be waiting forever on people! Plus I don't really wanna chat to people in the cinema, am there to watch the film. :thumbsup Sometimes it's nice to share reactions afterwards of course.

Yeah I do it too sometimes. Did it for WW, went solo, and I wasn't the only one in the theatre solo. I don't do it often, but when I really want to see a film, I don't let that stop me.

I go alone often, too.
First time I saw WW I went alone.

Yesterday I took my Mom and niece to see it.
Just as good the second time, and my Mom especially seemed to like it.
My niece said she did, in that teenager way:
Me: Did you like it?
Her: (not even looking up from texting) Yah.

Another wonderful week for WW. Only a 30% drop again, and the world wide total a very healthy $572 million.
I've also included this link which shows the BO performance for action heroine movies US domestic: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=actionheroine.htm
Some titles in there that I had forgotten and its impressive to note just how strongly relatively recent titles are performing in the market. And its heartening to see sci fi and fantasy attracting a larger proportion of the female audience in these days and growing the popularity of the genres overall.
Still not seen it yet, weather has been too good and I've several prop builds to finish, paint dries so well in the sunshine!!!!!

Or (and this statement is hilarious in a thread about a female-empowering movie), you could just man up and go by yourself.
Ok well to all you solo movie goers...I wanted to talk about it with someone after I saw it. It doesnt have anything to do with me being scared or something :lol But I might have to if its as good as all you keep saying it is.
Fawbish It was mostly to be able to talk about it afterwards with someone. Especially considering the hype, and how everyone is so into this movie.

- - - Updated - - -

I go see movies by myself all the time.
Thats cause you have no friends and everyone hates you.

(totally kidding, take a joke, jeez.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well to all you solo movie goers...I wanted to talk about it with someone after I saw it. It doesnt have anything to do with me being scared or something :lol But I might have to if its as good as all you keep saying it is.
@Fawbish It was mostly to be able to talk about it afterwards with someone. Especially considering the hype, and how everyone is so into this movie.

That's what this thread is for, man. Go see it and come talk to us about it.

Saw it twice by myself the first week in dbox seats. Went the 2nd week, the last day it was in 3d Imax by myself. Typically go by myself, can never seem to work around peoples schedules or interest. Finally got the wife to go with me today and see it. Theater was packed and what sounded like a bunch of first time viewers.

Just a thought about DC Extended Univer timeline....

If Ares was killed during WW1...How come WW2 and other wars still happened later on?

Yes we all know mankind is the reason for all the wars but isn't ueverything war/violence related orchestrated and influenced by Ares? A god of war...

Just a thought about DC Extended Univer timeline....

If Ares was killed during WW1...How come WW2 and other wars still happened later on?

As Axlotl says - Ares never forced humanity to do anything. He only ever whispered knowledge to us. He enabled us - he didn't make us - and that is where he believes his greatest strength lies in regards to bringing Diana to his way of thinking. His reveal that he never made us do anything is when Diana is so, so close to giving up on the idea of a humanity that is capable of being redeemed. Thankfully Steve's sacrifice, her own experiences with us, and even Dr Poison's revealed pain and suffering showed Diana that we can be more.

His entire driving force and his motivation throughout the story was that he needed to show the other Gods that Humanity, Zeus's creation, was ****ty. Humanity was selfish and cruel and yet Zeus showed us favour. Ares couldn't stand it, so he encouraged Humanity to war between itself, and he fought every God that disagreed with him or went against him. Zeus created the Amazons to try and encourage humanity to be good once more, but Ares wanted to turn the world, this paradise, back into a paradise instead of the sick place we've made it. Zeus's response to this was to banish Ares to almost nothingness but to also create Diana. She's literally the God's last hope to forge the right path for humanity.

Of course the hopeful truth (if it is true) is that we are cruel and horrible but we are also much more than that, we are hopeful and kind and strong and loving. That we stumble and fall (MoS) but we are capable of rising to challenges and besting them, overcoming our failures (BvS) and that ultimately, we are capable of astounding things when we choose to love instead of hate (WW). DCEU has some solid themes running through it. ;)

Am I the only one weirded out by the Ares reveal scene? The part where Diana reaches for the sword on her back and realized that she forgot it up on the roof and then we cut to a different scene then cut back to Ares just in the exact same spot and Diana jumps down now with the sword in her hand. I get that Ares knows that the sword won't kill him, but it just looked really odd especially since it looked like an accident they had in filming as ShartimusPrime pointed out as well. If they showed Diana's reaction, then Diana could have jumped over the roof, pulled the sword fast and she landed on the other side of the tower, and aims the sword at Ares, I guess it could have made sense. Alright that's the end of my rambling

My Editor mind exploded at that scene. What the hell? HAD to be a rewrite thing... with a mess up that left them without continuity or something. Just weird.

@Fawbish It was mostly to be able to talk about it afterwards with someone. Especially considering the hype, and how everyone is so into this movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats cause you have no friends and everyone hates you.

(totally kidding, take a joke, jeez.)

Just saw it on my own tonight. Got tired of waiting for my wife to be freed up from work.

Again, like Rogue One, I am definitely in the minority here... So I'm not going to be the guy that rails on it over and over, killing the vibe.

I'm STOKED for the excitement it's bringing to little girls. I have a couple friends with girls who won't stop talking about it... and I'm glad it's opening the doors for even more woman led movies... shows Rey wasn't just a brand success.

That said. God I hated it. I wanted it to be over so badly. That's all I'll really say.

Gimme Gamorah ANY DAY. ;)

I'm curious to know why though, care to elaborate a bit ? Trolls claiming "it sucks, because I said it sucks" and other BS are certainly annoying, but thought-out criticism is always valued IMO. So fire away, friend !

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back