Wonder Woman (Post-release)

Well yeah, that's kinda my point. I'm not saying that someone should be something they're not. What I am saying is that if you enter the industry as a recording artist, your musical abilities should not take a back seat to your non-industry talents. If you want to be sexy, then be sexy. If you don't, then don't. However, you must be cautious that your primary job is not affected.

So basically, go for it, but remember why you are truly there. Freedom of expression must be tempered by the wisdom to keep your career on track, otherwise you just wind up like every other celebrity who is only famous for being famous.
Thats the thing though, hopefully when people stumble upon her cause she is sexy, they will listen to her music. I get what youre saying about art etc but music is a very tricky business to get into, and to actually make money. If she can broaden her horizons with her sex appeal, or be known as that sexy musician, they by all means more power to her. Making it in music is SO HARD. If her primary job is to make music and get paid, then do whatever you can. If she just does it for fun and wants instagram likes or something then thats different.

I wonder if Hans Zimmer chose Tina Guo for his Wonder Woman theme because she's sexy, or because she's talented AF.
My money's on talented AF.
She's also a natural performer, and looked darn good on stage with a full orchestra behind her.
If she wasn't a rockstar before, she is now.
(Skip to 5:00 for Wonder Woman theme)
(Oh, and seizure warning)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say but the author of that article is an idiot, i have not seen the movie yet however i'm pretty sure i'll like it a lot. I'm a succer for a good fish out of water story and weather or not it stars a male or female lead does not matter to any person who is in their right mind!

Men and Women are treated equal in the western world and those who do not think that this is the case are the kind of people who always see themselves as the victim in any situation, it has been my experience that woman in the west enjoy more freedom in certain ways than most men. They are the ones that have privelage, however most can not see it because they are so acustomed to special treatment in our society.

What this author does not seem to understand is that it is infact by large the white male population that keep the entire economy running, without these men the countries we live in would be reduced to pretty much nothing. They do most of the heavy lifting and that is something that gets conveniently overlooked in todays female oriented society. (By the way isn't constantly referring to someone by the collor of their skin racist to these PC people?)

The entire fact that we even need to have these types of discussions because of a movie shows how idiotic our politically correct system has become.

Having said that, i can't wait to see the movie! It looks a lot better than the garbage DC has released in the past.

Last edited:
I didnt even finish the article because the author was definitely trying to rustle up some mob mentality here, or get someone to draw attention to his article. Even the second sentence is asinine. There hasnt been a good DC movie? Not having men in the first part of it was uncomfortable? I havent even seen it yet and thats a dumb ass notion to me. Why wouldnt I want to see more women? Im a heterosexual male! The bummer is that if I want to see too many women, Im not allowed to (according to media) because its making them be objectified, and Im supposed to feel uncomfortable, but then "too many men" and Im supposed to feel fine? This shlock pisses me off. If someone actually thinks that way, and felt the need to talk to his sons about it, then I think someone needs to look inward of themself. Looks like people agree in the comments. This dude is off his damn rocker.

Im going to see WW tomorrow and Im excited. No offense to you @firesprite but this article sucks.

Last edited:
Apparently the guy writing the article didn't get the idea that there was no actual feminist agenda in this film. It's just a good film, and any misogyny shown was merely a product of the time period as opposed to being specifically anti-woman.

To me, it showed the true definition of gender equality by not making an issue out of it. Wonder Woman is a not a female superhero. She's just a superhero who happens to be a woman.

Considering a gift bag is something that you throw the contents of away almost immediately (at least I do... it's gotta be something really special for me to keep it), then I guess it makes sense, albeit in a bizarre stretching of the term... Women get this stuff and throw it away, symbolically chucking stereotypes without having to get rid of things they already own.

Doesn't change that the entire idea wasn't thought out very well...

Not just women. I know of many a guy who cried at the fight scenes, and I am not ashamed to admit that I was one of them.

Well no doubt, its really an phenomenal & a bit emotional movie, by the way what makes you cry in this movie ?

Gotta echo the trench scene, especially when she emerges and starts walking across No Man's Land, then running, deflecting bullets and shells, then taking all the machine gun fire so everyone else can go while the enemy is distracted. Wasn't exactly her plan, but it works.

Plus, any scene where she stands by her convictions had me welling up. It's nice to see someone who has that level of integrity.

Additionally, as a long-time audiophile, it's the score. You could have the most awesome, perfectly acted, technically sound movie with the best special effects, but if the score does not suit the film, the whole thing comes apart. Conversely, a mediocre film in all regards can be elevated if the score is great and suited to the film.

Wonder Woman in and of itself, sans music, is a really good movie. However, when they hired Rupert Gregson-Williams to write the score, he has this majestic quality to his music that Wonder Woman deserves. That's one thing that people need to realized about films. The music matters.

This Wonder Woman film and the DCAU film from 2009 both have phenomenal scores that are just perfectly suited to their respective films and to the character of Wonder Woman.

I wonder if Hans Zimmer chose Tina Guo for his Wonder Woman theme because she's sexy, or because she's talented AF.
My money's on talented AF.
She's also a natural performer, and looked darn good on stage with a full orchestra behind her.
If she wasn't a rockstar before, she is now.
(Skip to 5:00 for Wonder Woman theme)
(Oh, and seizure warning)

https://youtu.be/83NYseGd1dI?t=5m

Going to see Hans Zimmer in Chicago, really hope they play this but it's not showing up on the set lists.

http://necaonline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-2017-life-size-foam-figure-wonder-woman/

61752_Foam_WonderWoman2-1300-676x1024.jpg

Am I the only one weirded out by the Ares reveal scene? The part where Diana reaches for the sword on her back and realized that she forgot it up on the roof and then we cut to a different scene then cut back to Ares just in the exact same spot and Diana jumps down now with the sword in her hand. I get that Ares knows that the sword won't kill him, but it just looked really odd especially since it looked like an accident they had in filming as ShartimusPrime pointed out as well. If they showed Diana's reaction, then Diana could have jumped over the roof, pulled the sword fast and she landed on the other side of the tower, and aims the sword at Ares, I guess it could have made sense. Alright that's the end of my rambling

Am I the only one weirded out by the Ares reveal scene? The part where Diana reaches for the sword on her back and realized that she forgot it up on the roof and then we cut to a different scene then cut back to Ares just in the exact same spot and Diana jumps down now with the sword in her hand. I get that Ares knows that the sword won't kill him, but it just looked really odd especially since it looked like an accident they had in filming as ShartimusPrime pointed out as well. If they showed Diana's reaction, then Diana could have jumped over the roof, pulled the sword fast and she landed on the other side of the tower, and aims the sword at Ares, I guess it could have made sense. Alright that's the end of my rambling

I agree I definitely thought "hmm did he just watch her go up there and grab the sword?". Then the action starts and I kind of got past it. I wonder if there was something I missed there.

I'm confused....maybe someone in here can explain if this hasn't been addressed already...

If Ares destroyed Diana sword...where did she get her sword during events of Dawn of Justice? Did she go back to Themiscyra?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back