Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Subscribe
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Jul 18, 2017, 6:49 PM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #226

karmajay said: View Post
    IMO they blew up the factory not because it had any gas in it but because all the gas making stuff was in it. They probably could not blow up the plane on the ground.I wonder why he did not jump out (Did they have parachutes in WW1? He did not use it when he crashed the 1st time) but I understood it.
    Yes, they did have parachutes during WW I but they weren't in common use at the time yet. Also, one of the nations (I think it was Britain) didn't believe in them, thought that they were cowardly and if their pilots had them they wouldn't fight as hard knowing that they had an "out" as it were.
    Jul 19, 2017, 12:33 AM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #227

And outjumping a hydrogen reaction like that would be pretty impossible.
    Jul 28, 2017, 10:43 AM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #228

Thoughts on this? http://variety.com/2017/film/news/wo...ok-1202509132/

Honestly, I think WB's jumping ahead of themselves again. It's a good movie. Not that great, had some flaws but still good. But I honestly think it's far from being Oscar-worthy material. Probably one of the more overrated films this year. Now again, i thought it was good. But people are praising it too much.
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    Jul 28, 2017, 11:32 AM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #229

Overrated? Hardly. I think the fact that its still making money helps to show thats not the case.

Oscar-worthy? Who knows? Those things are mostly Hollywood politics anyway. Its not always the most deserving that wins an Oscar, but the one that ran the best campaign.
    Aug 6, 2017, 5:31 PM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #230

Saw Hans Zimmer in Chicago on Friday, incredible concert! A must see, hear and feel, as when the bass hits, you feel it to your bones. Here is the BVS Wonder Woman theme, missed a couple of seconds from the beginning, dumb camera.

From
    The Outer Rim
    1 Week Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 5:26 PM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #231

I couldn't have been more underwhelmed by this film. It took forever to get up on its feet and then it stumbled all over. Far too long, so many wasted scenes. Gadot was lousy, and as much as I like David Thewliss, the man is possibly the least threatening person on earth. The big showdown of the gods was boring as hell. I'll give it points for killing Kirk.

Frankly, I didn't expect much and that's what I got. Eye of the beholder.
    1 Week Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 5:33 PM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #232

Probe Droid said: View Post
    I couldn't have been more underwhelmed by this film. It took forever to get up on its feet and then it stumbled all over. Far too long, so many wasted scenes. Gadot was lousy, and as much as I like David Thewliss, the man is possibly the least threatening person on earth. The big showdown of the gods was boring as hell. I'll give it points for killing Kirk.

Frankly, I didn't expect much and that's what I got. Eye of the beholder.
    Unfortunately, you're right. The way people were raving about it, I was expecting Iron Man 1 levels of quality, but it wasn't even close. I guess when you're a die-hard DC fanboy, anything that isn't as dismal as Suicide Squad is seen as a win. But while it was an okay movie, it certainly wasn't anything to rave about. It was pretty standard DC fare. It might be the best DC movie to come out in a long time, but that's not saying a lot.
    From
    Somewhere on the Salish Sea
    1 Week Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 8:10 PM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #233

I still wanna know what kind of SuperSpecialAwesome Amazon Sailboat that was that they got to London from somewhere in the Mediterranean in what looked like a day -- and not the couple months it actually takes.
    From
    The Outer Rim
    1 Week Ago  Nov 15, 2017, 4:18 PM - Re: Wonder Woman (Post-release) #234

I still wanna know what kind of SuperSpecialAwesome Amazon Sailboat that was that they got to London from somewhere in the Mediterranean in what looked like a day -- and not the couple months it actually takes.
    I thought the same thing. Also, Trevor says something like "We got a ride," and there's no explanation of what he's referring to.

The least of that film's problems.