Neill Blomkamp's Oats Studios

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, loved that one better than the other vids for sure. Interesting story (yes, I know...very BR themed: conscience, memories, etc) Effects are tops.

Agreed!!!! That was much better than I'd hoped. Less horror, more thoughtful and restrained with interesting designs and a well executed progressive script. I liked this far more than anything else they've done, it felt like an original sci fi story not a knock off of a classic.

its a "reimagining" of the matrix.... the main character is neo..... awakened and not knowing whats real or not.... and he's following Morpheus into the rabbit hole. right?? :confused

A "prelude" I presume? Looking good, but for some movements that seemed a little too artificial...weird, ' cause the other vids were more life-like:unsure

Neill Blomkamp: "Seriously considering attempting to crowdfund Firebase feature film ...."

"Firebase feature first then rakka film."

"The theory of oats has always been - attempt to create a studio funded by fans directly. Don't take scripts to Hollywood. Rely on the audience. Believe in them. Huge risk. If it works oats could rock"

"OATS is Going to crowdfund Firebase in feb."

For some reason, I thought that was going to happen with that character in vid episode 3. Graphics are fantastic.

https://fuel.oatsstudios.com/

OATS STUDIOS CROWDFUND - next FIREBASE - YouTube

CAMPAIGN:

We want to build a 21st century studio that is funded directly by fans. The more people online that support us the more content we will put out. We want to create an ecosystem where we are directly fueled by the community. Our goal now is the next FIREBASE film. Help fuel us here. We want to grow and expand, but we need the community’s help. We will create the FIREBASE film tailored to the incoming dollar amount. If we raise $40 dollars we will film a firebase "Cat" video. If we raise $100 million we will shoot a FIREBASE feature trilogy.

EACH FUNDER RECEIVES:

• Your name in the credits as a backer.

• Three “behind the scenes” updates over the duration of the production of the film, Pre production, production and Post.

• A private link to the final film or access to a members portal where you can view the film.

• A PDF of all the concept art generated for the film.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back