Best pattern

KidCas5154

Just wondering who you guys believe has the best Spiderman Homecoming pattern. I know a lot of people say gunheaddesign but I'm also closely looking at the file from primeprops. I got a homecoming suit from the RPC STUDIO and I was not too happy with the quality. All the seem lines are white for some reason. The colors look faded and there is a large ammount of glue staining around the shoes. There is also little crease right in the middle of the chest that is an eyesore. It's on a lot of there suits so it must be their sowing process. Coming off a Spidey4fun suit the quality to me is just not there. Then again one was $800 the other less than $300. Rpcstudio has a new higher quality homecoming suit for a little over $600 but I'm hesitant to go with them again. So I'm thinking of going the diy route but I want to make sure I'm using the best quality and most accurate file out there. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as best looking patterns I would look at Brandon Gilbert's pattern for my Homecoming suit I was considering Sudden Pattern Shop's pattern. I'm not sure if they've made it available yet but his Civil War Concept Pattern has accurate seams. That is most important to me because of that horrendous seam on the chest from all of the Raimi Style sewing patterns. Talking accuracy of the existing patterns, Gun Head's lines are a bit thick and not completely accurate proportion wise. I have yet to find the perfect Homecoming pattern, but if you want to buy a suit thats as close as you can get to movie quality I would reccomend The RPC Studios Homecoming RPC Paint with Brandon Gilbert/Arachnid Studio's pattern. Its screenprinted and has 3D emblems on it. I think the screenprinting quality is absolutely fantastic and I plan on asking them to custom make my suit when I find the right pattern and materials for the suit

As far as best looking patterns I would look at Brandon Gilbert's pattern for my Homecoming suit I was considering Sudden Pattern Shop's pattern. I'm not sure if they've made it available yet but his Civil War Concept Pattern has accurate seams. That is most important to me because of that horrendous seam on the chest from all of the Raimi Style sewing patterns. Talking accuracy of the existing patterns, Gun Head's lines are a bit thick and not completely accurate proportion wise. I have yet to find the perfect Homecoming pattern, but if you want to buy a suit thats as close as you can get to movie quality I would reccomend The RPC Studios Homecoming RPC Paint with Brandon Gilbert/Arachnid Studio's pattern. Its screenprinted and has 3D emblems on it. I think the screenprinting quality is absolutely fantastic and I plan on asking them to custom make my suit when I find the right pattern and materials for the suit

Seriously!! That stupid pinch right above the chest spider drives me nuts!

A few years back I made a TASM suit using the Raimi pattern, and just recently purchased the RPCpaint Homecoming suit. I thought the chest bump was because of my intermediate seamwork. But the thought of seeing it on the new one doesn't sit well with me. Surely there's a way to eliminate or subdue it? Maybe using an adhesive to secure the suit to the chest? Adding stitches somewhere? Anyone have any suggestions?

A few years back I made a TASM suit using the Raimi pattern, and just recently purchased the RPCpaint Homecoming suit. I thought the chest bump was because of my intermediate seamwork. But the thought of seeing it on the new one doesn't sit well with me. Surely there's a way to eliminate or subdue it? Maybe using an adhesive to secure the suit to the chest? Adding stitches somewhere? Anyone have any suggestions?

There's nothing you can really do besides getting a different pattern that doesn't have that seam down the middle of the chest. The only way it was hidden on the raimi suit was because there was the foam rubber webbing that covered nearly every seam on that suit. Same with the TASM2 suit. Which is part of the reason why they decided to 3D webbing in the first place, to hide most imperfections. They did a great job with the homecoming suit, I can barely tell there's any seams on the suit if I'm not even looking for them

All the files you've been considering use the Raimi style file, which means no matter how detailed they are there will be visible seam lines all over the suit, including that annoying one in the middle of the chest. I recommend getting something more screen accurate if you want to get rid of those, a member by the name AlexCervaMX made a pattern with accurate seams, maybe you could message him?

Funny - I just stumbled on this because I was just complaining about that dang dimple! (made a thread here before I saw this one - https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278936 )

Also I too was not at all thrilled with RPC; their communication SUCKS & the costume is nice enough, but for the price I just wasn't happy. The seams are white and the webs don't match up and those the shoe glue stains! + and a few other things that just didn't work for me.

Just venting. There has to be a better option out there!

Also on the homecoming suit the seams are not directly down the middle, but on the sides:
Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 5.36.17 PM.png

Where can you even see the Sudden Pattern Shop version?

Funny - I just stumbled on this because I was just complaining about that dang dimple! (made a thread here before I saw this one - https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278936 )

Also I too was not at all thrilled with RPC; their communication SUCKS & the costume is nice enough, but for the price I just wasn't happy. The seams are white and the webs don't match up and those the shoe glue stains! + and a few other things that just didn't work for me.

Just venting. There has to be a better option out there!

Also on the homecoming suit the seams are not directly down the middle, but on the sides:
View attachment 742446

What is that bottom pic from? Its much much better.

hey!! everyone in this thread ! I made a deal with 4 neo designs ! they have a prototype design which solves the dimples !

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing what this is! Although I admit - I'm not interested in the homecoming design - I'm just looking for a better pattern to change into an ultimate Spidey pattern

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back