New Roger Christian Interview

I read that earlier today. I was confused about when he was talking about the DL-44 and putting camera parts on it. No idea by what he meant by that, I'm not aware of camera parts for any version of that blaster.

I think he said he was using camera parts when referring to the Macrobinoculars, which lead him to finding more camera gear and the Graflex. Nothing about the Dl-44 mentions camera parts.

nice article seth! so 5 or 6 were made originally. pretty cool. it also sounds like Roger has one of the originals still.

So, it's safe to accept graflexs in the archives may be from the original stock and re-fitted, altered and frankensteined into what they are today.

I REALLY wonder if any still exist in the ANH config.

he didn't speak about Obi Wan's saber, even with all the airplane parts!

I just read the whole article. It's great! A lot of information!
And some of the images I've NEVER seen before! Look at the clamp on the Graflex:

c4c79ed67413b1d1c3005f93d844f0cc.jpg

Where's the logo?! Is it covered with tape?

And this picture of the DL44! Is this a known picture?

7727d302d9810ca70c87f5d9ab037462.jpg

Roy

I can see the lines and Graflex stamp but they are very faint. I brought up the idea of chrome tape over the entire clamp like Obi-Wan's, but was shot down. Now that we know there were multiples...

i shouldnt be surprised, as I said in the guide, multiples are always made. There are more versions than we realize in each film, they are just more consistent with each other so we can't spot them as easily.

I can see the lines and Graflex stamp but they are very faint. I brought up the idea of chrome tape over the entire clamp like Obi-Wan's, but was shot down. Now that we know there were multiples...

i shouldnt be surprised, as I said in the guide, multiples are always made. There are more versions than we realize in each film, they are just more consistent with each other so we can't spot them as easily.

Yes, I'm quite sure it's tape covering the whole clamp, indeed just like Obi-wan's and the shared stunt. It makes sense it was done on all of them! I'm convinced; I'm gonna cover the clamp on my vintage ANH version completely!

is there numbering on the clamp bar visible to us?

I also see some wrinkling to the left of the left clamp square hole, suggesting tape to me too.

is there numbering on the clamp bar visible to us?

Yes, I see it too! Or is it a word. Probably from the previous owner / photographer.

5d7440a896f2a87132481c0b54ce5b6b.jpg

But I also wonder where this image is coming from! Is it part of promo shoot? Or is it Christian's private picture? Maybe Sym-Cha knows?

Attachments

• 5d7440a896f2a87132481c0b54ce5b6b.jpg
    5d7440a896f2a87132481c0b54ce5b6b.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Both the Graflex photo and the DL44 photo have been around for years. They are both in the Chronicles book, albeit cropped and in much lower resolution.The DL 44 picture is also reprinted in the RinzlerMaking of Star Wars book.

Dave

Could they just have put tape on the clamp to cover the logo for the photo shoot after filming was completed?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back