Alex Danvers Kryptonite Sword

Oflairegan

Hey guys, I am very new to the RPF and prop making as well. Last year I made a foam version of Alex's Kryptonite sword from Season 1 of Supergirl. It was the first prop I had ever made and I was working with a shoe string budget and hardly any reference images. It was good and worked well but this year I'm updating the sword along with the over all costume.

tumblr_ob0745GWrH1r4eh7eo1_1280.jpg

I've decided to make the blade out of acrylic and grind down the edges of the blade to get the proper look. The acrylic I'm using is a 1/2 inch thick. I was worried about working with something thinner and wanted a stronger spine for the blade.

For the handle I will be modifying a Ultrasabers Dark Apprentice V4. For me the lightsaber handle was easier as I have no experience at all with electronics and this way I could save myself a little time as it already has the color I want and is already set up.

Even though I'm redoing this project I am still working on a bit of a budget but I'm excited to get started on this build and hopefully have it done in time for Dragon Con. (Sorry for the horrible photo quality of the last two pictures. My phone sucks)

acrylic.jpg lightsaber.jpg

I finished the 3D design for my version last night and have been printing parts since then. I found your sword and cosplay while doing research for mine. I hope you will have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine. I'll probably post a proper update in my thread tomorrow or Sunday depending on how productive I manage to be.

See you at DragonCon later this year!

Thank you!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha yeah I realized the other day while looking for reference images again for my new sword that my old one comes up when you google. Thank you it has been fun so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished costume and sword.

And yes hopefully I'll see you at Dragon Con this year.

Finally getting close to finishing the second version of the Kryptonite sword from Supergirl. It has a bit of excess light escaping at the hit but that will be fixed when i put the guard on. All i have to do is a bit more sanding on the acrylic blade and a tiny bit of spray paint and it will be done. Also i apologize for not doing a great job of documenting things. I kinda get caught up in my projects and forget.

adanvers acrylic sword lit.jpg adanvers acrylic sword.jpg

adanvers acrylic sword lit.jpg

adanvers acrylic sword.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to post this a couple days ago but my second version of Alex Danvers Kryptonite sword is done. I'm really pleased with how it came out and the back sheath is pretty dang sturdy. If i make another one i would pit the tang of the blade in the middle so the light distributes better instead if having it along the spine.

21055348_10214365959928827_6852617427270033750_o.jpg

21055348_10214365959928827_6852617427270033750_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back