John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (Post-release)

What did you think of John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum?

• Total voters
jw1.jpg jw2.jpg

The producers started it.:darnkids

I'll be there on opening night. The first one was one of those movies that caught me off guard...it was great when I wasn't expecting it to be great. The second one lived up to every expectation I had, which is saying something considering that it was one of my more highly anticipated films for this year. Can't wait for the third one!!

Am i the only one that thought John Wick part 1 was awesome but absolutely hated part 2? I walked out of the theatre in the middle of the movie.

I mean right at the start! John cuts a hard left in his car and takes a two block detour and yet somehow still cuts in front of the speeding motorcycle guy??

Am i the only one that thought John Wick part 1 was awesome but absolutely hated part 2? I walked out of the theatre in the middle of the movie.

I mean right at the start! John cuts a hard left in his car and takes a two block detour and yet somehow still cuts in front of the speeding motorcycle guy??

Personally I really enjoyed the second one almost more then the first one if I'm being totally honest.

My Brother from a another mother and I were just lamenting with all the crap franchise reboots lately having to wait so long for this to come out!

Am i the only one that thought John Wick part 1 was awesome but absolutely hated part 2? I walked out of the theater in the middle of the movie.

I'm in the same boat as you, absolutely loved the first one, unfortunately found the sequel to be pretty terrible.

The first movie had a ton of memorable choreography. I was legitimately impressed with how visceral and well-orcistrated the fights were. In Chapter 2, everything just kinda blurred together, and felt uninspired. Aside from the ok opening, the only sequence that really stood out to me was the subway fight between Keanu and Common (which was fantastic). I'll admit I did also enjoy the scene involving them casually strolling along and popping shots off at each other while no one around them seemed to notice. Not because it was particularly good, more so because of how ridiculous and humurous it was.

One thing I especially appreciated about the first movie was how precise and tactical Wick's actions were during the firefights. You got a sense of why he was conisidered the best. And while he did get shot a few times, it was on very rare occasions, often when he was at a greater disadvantage than usual. That wasn't so much the case in Chapter 2, as he's getting blasted so often they decided to give him a bullet proof suit. That's understandable I suppose, you could argue that he's dealing with a lot more people this time around, although it's strange to me that in a world of elite assassins, Wick is apparently the only one who knows these magic suits exist.

One thing that irked me more than anything was Ruby Rose's presence. I thought the character itself was a neat idea, but her "acting" was so atrocious I couldn't help but groan whenever she appeared on-screen.

I thought the ending was laughable at best, although it did establish an interesting lead-in for Chapter 3.

Typically I'm not at all a nit-picky person when it comes to movies, suspension of disbelief and all that. There was just so much about Chapter 2 that frustrated and disappointed me, by the time the credits rolled I was glad it was over.

Keanu was of course amazing and bad ass from start to finish, and it was cool seeing him reunite on-screen with Laurence Fishburne. Regardless of how much I disliked Chapter 2, I'm still happy a 3rd one is happening. Looking forward to a trailer.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back