TLJ Luke Skywalker

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Soooo is anybody considering putting one of these together for a con or premier?

877f2c028c4b94e86a038d3b7acf83aa.jpg

435a000d575cd276d53a0ad730de22bf.jpg

After looking at the glove I'm considering a 1920's lambskin driving glove, but I might be wrong. The problem is that unlike the driving gloves, the gauntlet is quite tight on the arm.

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Yea, I'm looking at the glove myself as making the handle(made one,looks ok)...would be easier to just have a glove....looking at doe skin gauntlet driving gloves....would pefer vintage though.....that would finish off my outfit...

I do know of an Costume maker locally here in the Northern Calif area that got a hold of a picture,(that ive seen) with Luke wearing an darker outfit, possibly just a Jed type with an overcoat that looks like the Old West type of leather flowing overcoat/trench in brown leather....hopefully we will see more of these soon....per her comments,very hard to replicate without more info....

Last edited:
I'm in the process of sourcing fabrics for this. The gauntlet looks to be made of pull up leather which distresses very nicely. I'm waiting on fabric swatches too.

Good to see some people are interested in this build as well!

Psab! Make sure to post pics of the swatches as you go please as they will definitely be helpful!

Thank GOD he has a glove in this one. The mechanical hands kinda ginches up any cosplay opportunities for non-amputees.
Exactly. Most people who did a TFA Luke last year were holding a robot hand on a stick in their robes lol. It was kind of funny but this really brings back the Luke we remember in ROTJ.

The style and color of glove along with the fabric colors really reminds me of the early Ralph McQuarrie concept paintings of Luke Starkiller as an older general. It took a while for this costume to grow on me when I saw it in The Force Awakens, but now that there are finally better quality pictures and video of it, and with the addition of the glove I truly love this costume. I hope he wears it throughout a good portion of the movie.

The style and color of glove along with the fabric colors really reminds me of the early Ralph McQuarrie concept paintings of Luke Starkiller as an older general. It took a while for this costume to grow on me when I saw it in The Force Awakens, but now that there are finally better quality pictures and video of it, and with the addition of the glove I truly love this costume. I hope he wears it throughout a good portion of the movie.
That's what I'm saying. I love these wayyy more than what he wore in ROTJ because of the more earthy feel to the colors and the glove brings it together while the robot hand just looked out of place

My personal favorite out of all of his outfits is his ROTJ costume, but there is something special about this one. Not only does it evoke the McQuarrie concept art, it also reminds me of like a space age Merlin and hearkens back to John Boorman's Excalibur, which despite some hammy performances is one of the best Arthurian legends committed to film.

In the sneak peak video of the Vanity Fair photo shoot there is a shot of Mark walking towards the camera in slow motion and I get goosebumps! It's so amazing to the transformation of Luke as an inexperienced farm boy to wise Jedi Master! I can't wait to see him in action this December.

I was down at Star Wars Celebration as my TFA Luke. . .

Here is my buddy, Julz and I rocking our Lukes.
IMG_1239_zpsooalrynu.jpg

Anyway, when I saw the photos from Vanity Fair, I knew I had to get a glove because of how much better that would look compared to my robo-hand.

With that in mind, I found a pair of WW2 RAF Type D Flying Gloves that I think are a decent substitute to sewing my own glove. Over all, the color and style are similar to what we have seen so far in photos; just the stitching is a little different. Specifically, how the fingers are sewn as well as there's a seam going across the knuckles of the screen used glove. With all of that said, I am 100% happy with the gloves I got and will most likely be sticking with them.

IMG_20170830_092618_zpscibl2tlu.jpg

IMG_20170830_092627_zpsbn0i8ko8.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some killer Luke costumes and the glove is the closest I've ever seen yet to the real thing.

Resurrecting a older thread, but I can do that because I started it! ;)

Anyways I was walking about today and found a nice leather couch out in MIDDLE of the alley. I thought, "Seriously? Who leaves an old, nasty, couch out in the middle of the alley!?"... Then it cought my eye that this leather looks very similar to what was used for Luke's glove.. and alas, I have cut it into chunks and have thrown it in my fabric box for later :$

ozWnzBw.jpg

095aQQa.jpg

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back