Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 23, 2017, 8:43 PM - Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #1

https://profilesinhistory.com/auctio...vo-collection/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    May 23, 2017, 8:46 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #2

It looks like he's auctioning it off as one lot

From
    North of Orlando FL. If you cross the river you went too far.
    May 23, 2017, 9:37 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #3

According to the flip book the seller is hoping it will be displayed in a museum and is selling it as one lot. $$$.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk
    May 23, 2017, 10:01 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #4

Oh my Lord I want to see that in a museum. Maybe Lucas will buy it for his museum of narrative arts.

May 23, 2017, 11:54 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #5

Oh to be able to get a tape measure and a camera close to the Draconia. Oh please let somebody buy this who will let them be photographed. Not a private collector who hoards and hides them. Thanks to Gary for finally letting them go free !
    May 23, 2017, 11:59 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #6

I never knew that this was all owned by one guy. Seriously. Did he collect them over time? That must have been a pretty big master quest.

As awesome as the draconia and Galactica are, the real treat is the warhawk. It's like the slave 1 of the Larson-verse

7. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Vreden
    May 24, 2017, 8:09 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #7

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! If I had a spare Dollar...
    May 24, 2017, 12:40 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #8

Galactican said: View Post
    WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! If I had a spare Dollar...
    I know, right?

I'd like to know more about this guy and how he got them. This is such a serious collection.

From
    Cascade Mountains USA
    May 25, 2017, 1:18 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #9

From
    Australia
    May 25, 2017, 2:48 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #10

WOW!!! On the plus side at least we get a nice catalogue full of great pics.

Ben
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    May 25, 2017, 4:49 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #11

astroboy said: View Post
    ..........Maybe Lucas will buy it for his museum of narrative arts.........
    That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while! We'll see if anyone wants to pony up the cash + buyers's premium + shipping costs (~$10K) + storage. (Though, if they aren't balking at the opening bid, another $200K isn't gonna put them off.)

Gene
  12. RPF Premium Member
    From
    NZ
    May 30, 2017, 6:14 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #12

I think I started hyperventilating when I saw the catalogue pics. Nice closeup of the 1/24 Harrier pilot in the viper - might have to repaint mine to match.

I just hope they end up somewhere open to the public....
    From
    Pacific NW
    May 30, 2017, 6:50 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #13

ya, my wish would be if Paul Allen just bought it all and put them all up for display at the museum in Seattle.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jun 4, 2017, 3:55 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #14

Just getting this PDF has made the auction worth it to me. I made so many of these ships out of lego when I was a kid-- based on nothing but some blurry Starlog photos.

The only one missing is the Merc fighter from BSG that became the Draconian Fighter in Buck Rogers. I loved that thing.
    Jun 4, 2017, 7:53 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #15

The buck Rogers might even be my favorite ship ever. I'd love a 1/48 scale!

Has anyone every built the 1/72 that came out from fantastic plastic?

Jun 4, 2017, 11:14 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #16

Borjis said: View Post
    ya, my wish would be if Paul Allen just bought it all and put them all up for display at the museum in Seattle.
    That would be my hope as well....
    Jun 4, 2017, 2:00 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #17

Aegis159 said: View Post
    That would be my hope as well....
    Is that part of the experience music project?

I saw that once and it was fantastic. Better than the R &R Hall of fame

18. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jun 4, 2017, 5:35 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #18

The Draconia--in all her glory. That is becoming my favorite ship.
  19. RPF Premium Member DaddyfromNaboo's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Jun 4, 2017, 9:54 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #19

GKvfx said: View Post
    That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while! We'll see if anyone wants to pony up the cash + buyers's premium + shipping costs (~$10K) + storage. (Though, if they aren't balking at the opening bid, another $200K isn't gonna put them off.)

Gene
    Hah! My thoughts exactly! But I am not sure if he still holds a grudge against BSG, after all these years.
    Jun 4, 2017, 10:35 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #20

DaddyfromNaboo said: View Post
    Hah! My thoughts exactly! But I am not sure if he still holds a grudge against BSG, after all these years.
    Are you talking about that lawsuit? I didn't think it had anything to do with Lucas. It was a 20th century fox thing.

I imagine that, considering Lucas' relationship with mcquarrie, it wasn't really a problem

21. RPF Premium Member DaddyfromNaboo's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Jun 4, 2017, 11:12 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #21

Are you talking about that lawsuit? I didn't think it had anything to do with Lucas. It was a 20th century fox thing.

I imagine that, considering Lucas' relationship with mcquarrie, it wasn't really a problem

AFAIK he was really angry about BSG trying to surf on the wave that Star Wars created and that a lot of the FX guys worked on it, especially John Dykstra and Lorne Peterson, although RMcQ worked on it, too.
    Jun 5, 2017, 8:51 AM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #22

Is that part of the experience music project?

I saw that once and it was fantastic. Better than the R &R Hall of fame

I believe we're talking about this:

https://www.mopop.org/

Which did used to have the EMP name, but has become so much more now.
    It would definitely be the best home for the pieces.
    From
    Pacific NW
    Jun 5, 2017, 1:10 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #23

I did see the BSG exhibit with the replica Galactica and the full size vipers from neu bsg.

It was a great day, but I was VERY disappointed that for some reason they had removed
    Vulpa from the display. (the gold/copper looking cylon Paul won in an auction some time ago)
  24. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Jun 5, 2017, 4:17 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #24

SethS said: View Post
    The only one missing is the Merc fighter from BSG that became the Draconian Fighter in Buck Rogers. I loved that thing.
    The Hatchet/Draconian fighter is a completey separate model/design built specifically for BR. (It was sold on eBay many many years ago for a relatively low price. I was unsure of it's authenticity and kept my bid low to protect myself. Of course, AFTER the auction, I found out it was real.) The "Antique Viper" from BSG does bear a resemblance to the Hatchet Fighter, but they ARE different models. (Profiles sold the Antique Viper several years ago.)

DaddyfromNaboo said: View Post
    George Lucas has enough models from Star Wars, as well as a large collection of ORIGINAL Norman Rockwell artwork and vintage movie posters that he doesn't need to bother with models from a second-rate TV show.......

Gene
  25. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jun 10, 2017, 1:21 PM - Re: Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers? #25

I have this image of a bored oil sheik or Martin Shkreli himself using them for skeet-shooting after snorting a head-full of coke.