Am I reading this right? Are they auctioning off Galactica and buck Rogers?

According to the flip book the seller is hoping it will be displayed in a museum and is selling it as one lot. $$$.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Oh my Lord I want to see that in a museum. Maybe Lucas will buy it for his museum of narrative arts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh to be able to get a tape measure and a camera close to the Draconia. Oh please let somebody buy this who will let them be photographed. Not a private collector who hoards and hides them. Thanks to Gary for finally letting them go free !

I never knew that this was all owned by one guy. Seriously. Did he collect them over time? That must have been a pretty big master quest.

As awesome as the draconia and Galactica are, the real treat is the warhawk. It's like the slave 1 of the Larson-verse

..........Maybe Lucas will buy it for his museum of narrative arts.........

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while! We'll see if anyone wants to pony up the cash + buyers's premium + shipping costs (~$10K) + storage. (Though, if they aren't balking at the opening bid, another $200K isn't gonna put them off.)

Gene

I think I started hyperventilating when I saw the catalogue pics. Nice closeup of the 1/24 Harrier pilot in the viper - might have to repaint mine to match.

I just hope they end up somewhere open to the public....

Just getting this PDF has made the auction worth it to me. I made so many of these ships out of lego when I was a kid-- based on nothing but some blurry Starlog photos.

The only one missing is the Merc fighter from BSG that became the Draconian Fighter in Buck Rogers. I loved that thing.

The buck Rogers might even be my favorite ship ever. I'd love a 1/48 scale!

Has anyone every built the 1/72 that came out from fantastic plastic?

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while! We'll see if anyone wants to pony up the cash + buyers's premium + shipping costs (~$10K) + storage. (Though, if they aren't balking at the opening bid, another $200K isn't gonna put them off.)

Gene

Hah! My thoughts exactly! But I am not sure if he still holds a grudge against BSG, after all these years.

Hah! My thoughts exactly! But I am not sure if he still holds a grudge against BSG, after all these years.
Are you talking about that lawsuit? I didn't think it had anything to do with Lucas. It was a 20th century fox thing.

I imagine that, considering Lucas' relationship with mcquarrie, it wasn't really a problem

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back