EFX Collectibles Millenium Falcon

And it is a non-refundable preorder with an estimated ship date several months ago. Who knows when these will actually ship?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

So I saw this model at the EFX booth at Celebration and I was less than impressed. For what it was I couldn't see justifying more than $200 for it. And even then it felt very out of sorts from a scale standpoint. Meaning that several details looks fatter or larger than they should for the size and scale of the model. Felt alot like a toy. Not a model.

Personally I'm not gonna waste my money.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

After all of the issues with making customers unhappy with the long delayed Scout Trooper helmet, you would think efx would make a better effort to get updated info on their website and send emails. They don't have very many products to provide updates for. It really shouldn't be much work.

It would not be wise to place preorders with efx unless you really don't care when or if the product arrives.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This is a pic from their own site:

Falcon_-_Lit_Cockpit_A_grande.png

Is that back bulkhead wrong or is it just me?

This is a pic from their own site:

View attachment 731120

Is that back bulkhead wrong or is it just me?
It's not just 'not accurate to any studio model', it's totally bizarre looking. At first I thought it was an attempt to do a forced perspective implying the corridor behind the cockpit door, but now I think it's not the circular corridor I'm seeing, but some weird curve they've designed the padding around the bulkhead door to have??? And by 'Lighted Cockpit" it appears they meant that they stuck a single white led on the floor of the cockpit. Details on the exterior of the cockpit look soft and kinda flabby to my, admittedly untrained, eyes too. The overall exterior pics of the sidewalls also looked to me like what they had were each wall cast with all of the greeblies as a single lump of resin on the wall, then plugged into the side of the ship - agree, really toy looking.

The rear bulkhead looks "OK" to me but the thickness of the cockpit frames... Ouch. I'd expect it to be a little thicker then usual to add a bit of strength but offa.

I think its kinda cool, and I'd like one but the price point is way too high. Heck its 40% of a DeAgo... It does look like a pretty nice display piece and at over a foot long a good size as well... but I just can't help thinking its too high a price tag.

Its a shame because I think there is a market for "smaller" scaled well detailed models... but looking at this and the price tag - my Bandai coming in around 10ish " vs the eFX 13ish" is more than adequate is this approximate size category. at 1/2 the price I'd think about it - because I'm a falcon nut - at 1/3 the price I'd likely get it. at $600 I'll see if I can find it at a bargain sometime down the road... broken lights or something else I can easily fix...

Jedi Dade

Hey on the topic of 'smaller Falcon models', what is the anticipation level on the Hot Wheels Elite Series Falcon? I haven't been able to find any pictures of the thing, but going off pictures of their Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A, might the Elite, listed at $70, fit the bill?

Wow. That R2 and 3PO are really beautiful pieces! Never heard of the Chogokin line before, but at a reasonable size, and they're tackling an AT-AT and ISD too? Just became a 'must watch' product!

Is it me or does the hull curvature look flat? Personally I think it looks awful, the paint job is weak and details look poor. I'd rather spend $30 on an MPC and buy a bunch or upgrades and put it together and paint it myself.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back