Goro from Mortal Kombat

greatwazoo42

Master Member
I just watched Mortal Kombat again tonight. It's been a few years since the last time I put the tape in.

Does anyone know what became of the Goro anamatronic suit and head? for that matter does anyone know who built it and are there good pictures? For it's day the work on it was quite good.

Yes I do, Goro was created by Amalgamated Dynamics owned and run by Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, interestingly enough Tom Woodruff Played Goro just as he played the Monster in Pumpkinhead, as well as the Alien in Alien 3 and even one in AVP.

I worked with them on Starship Troopers & they are really great guys to work for :)

Here is their Studio Website:
http://www.studioadi.com/

Here is their old Website that shows some great Pics of Goro and other Creations of theirs...
http://stampede-entertainment.com/monstermakers/

And the Goro Page direct Link:
http://stampede-entertainment.com/monstermakers/a-goro-web.html

a-goro-3-l.jpg

Goro's head sculpt...

I hope that's more than enough information for you...

propsculptor - thank you so very much for posting that info. That's fantastic stuff and it was a great read. They did such a fantastic job on bringing him to life. I always wanted to do stuff like that - be the guy in the monster suit.

BTW - I also knew a Goro and he too was from Japan and now is living back there. He had a thing for wearing leather pants to the office.

Got Maul - being a person guilty of derailing almost every thread I post in don't worry yourself about it. I don't mind at all.

Howlrunner - fantastic pictures. The sculpt work on that suit is so real looking!

I loved that creature creation Goro in MC. One of my dreams has always been to see a John Carter of Mars movie. And this would be a great angle to do Tars Tarkis. He`d look alot like Goro. Imho.

The Goro suit was shown at the "It's Alive" exhibit a few years ago - there are some good photos of it on Flickr. :)

194841008_01fe7febf4_b.jpg

spaceball.gif

Actually, that's ADI's fiberglass shop display, not one of the suits. The suits were dismantled back in '97 shortly after ADI moved into it's new shop. I know because I was one of the guys who did it. The animatronics were all stripped out and the suits themselves have since been repainted and used for other projects. The legs for example were worn by Lou Ferigno as a demon in the remake of Bedazzled.

I was lucky enough to meet both Alec and Tom and later got a special tour of ADI. Their showcase room is outstanding and seeing Goro in person (as 'in person' a statue can be) was amazing! I will never forget it. Also, Alec and Tom are really cool guys. But I guess most of us prop and special effects guys are, right? :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back