RIP Chris Cornell

Rupert_Angier

Sr Member
Wow. I'm beyond shocked at this. One of my favourite singers of all time has passed away, aged 52. The singer of Soudngarden, Temple of the Dog, and AudioSlave, his voice was distinct, and full of range.

His solo work is amazing as well, however, a couple of years ago, when SoundGarden got back together, I was overjoyed that they had finally reunited.

Damn, Chris. You will be missed.

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertain...ive-rocker-chris-cornell-died-age-52-47480300

Last edited:
Even though I can't say I owned every Soundgarden, Audioslave or solo album he put out, I can say that I recognized him as being truly a cut above the rest, and under-appreciated even with all of his success. His musicality reminded me an awful lot of John Lennon, First, one of the great voices in rock. Second, he wrote songs that relied on complex chord structures and time changes, yet always found the "hook" in them so you could hum along and think about how insanely catchy the music was without ever realizing (or even needing to think about) the depth of the composition skills involved.

M

Oh my god, what?! I remember listening to Badmotorfinger for HOURS back in high school. And his Ave Maria is one of my Christmas faves. How sad.

Damn, I missed the show last night due to being forced out on a emergency at work. So atleast my friends got to see this final show. This is truly sad day. Been a fan of his for a long time. He had such a great and powerful voice. Not many people have the talent nor the down to earth personally as chris did. I felt he was a very underrated and was never shown the love and respect from the media outside his musical style. Chris should have easliy won the Oscar for best song a few years back. I heard it was a suicide from reports around here. He couldn't be reached after the show in the hotel room. Someone called a friend of his and they broke down the door to find him lifeless in the bathroom. Something was wrapped around his neck. Damn....:cry

RIP Chris

Soundgarden was the only grunge band outside of Nirvana that I gave 2 turds about.
"Blackhole Sun" was my theme song summer of '95, when I was living in Ketchikan, Alaska, where it rains 24/7/365.
RIP, Chris. Tell Kurt I said "hi".

Chris Cornell Passed Away This Morning

I'm very depressed to hear Chris Cornell was found unresponsive this morning after a show in Detroit.

I only very recently started getting into Soundgarden, Audioslave and his solo work after his solo album Higher Truth came out recently. I was amazed at his vocal range, which was almost as good as Freddie Mercury and some incredible R&B female singers, and his natural vibrato. I grew up in the 90s and 00s being born in '91 and it never appealed to me then. I actually blew off tickets for a solo concert here in Buffalo a year or two ago, really regretting that decision.

Anyone have favorite memories they want to share?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back