Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    From
    Rotterdam
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 18, 2018, 8:06 AM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #26

Paul Andrew said: View Post
    Starbuck was a great example! She did a really good job imo.
    So you're saying they should make Ciri a white woman just like Starbuck was in the new Battlestar Galactica

You're finally starting to make sense.
    From
    Florida
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 19, 2018, 9:44 AM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #27

DARKSIDE72 said: View Post
    As you are a self professed advocate of nonsense why would you bother to comment about changing written and already portrayed characters to an established fanbase? Are you also a advocate for trolling said fanbase with your agendas? Just to ruffle feathers?

What are they going to do with the next game or book? Just make the characters whatever to make the TV show match the mess they newly contrived?
    Cannon is cannon...
    The fans will answer, they won't watch it.
    Yes. Absolutely. That is the status quo. Don't like it, don't watch it. Rebel scum!

Well you know how the saying goes... when nobody watches it, they will cry fowl and label anyone who doesn't like it as x, y, z.

I guess it's okay to disrespect Polish culture though. It's not like this is a cultural folklore or anything...

Muh creative interpretation!
    Last edited by mcoractual; 4 Weeks Ago at 1:39 PM.
    From
    Illinois
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2018, 10:00 PM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #28

Damn can't post a link but it looks like this has been cast. Yennifer looks too young though.
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2018, 8:16 PM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #29

Yeah I'm not sold on Yennefer yet. The girl playing her is okay, but Yen is gorgeous. I'm talking someone like Kate Beckinsale or something.
  5. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Fribourg, Switzerland
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2018, 4:29 AM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #30

I thought in the books she wasn't supposed to be "gorgeous." She was even supposed to be less beautiful than her peers. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Either way, I don't care how she looks or how old she is. As long as she can pull off the character.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2018, 10:18 AM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #31

HEMADEW said: View Post
    I thought in the books she wasn't supposed to be "gorgeous." She was even supposed to be less beautiful than her peers. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Either way, I don't care how she looks or how old she is. As long as she can pull off the character.
    I've actually started reading the books and finished the first batch of short stories last night. She is described in the book as NOT being astoundingly beautiful, but as having a certain charisma that draws people to her. It's less about her looks than about her presence. She's described as having a nose slightly too long, her lips a shade too thin, and one shoulder a bit higher than the other due to her condition (which I won't mention for those who don't want spoilers).
    From
    Rotterdam
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2018, 10:48 AM - Re: The Witcher (Netflix TV series) #32

Yeah, i'm officially done with Netflix

Casting a woman with visible Indian features to play Yennefer and a woman of African decent to play Fringilla Vigo knowing full well that the characters and their appearance are heavily based on Polish folklore and history.

Congratulations Lauren S Hissrich, Netflix just lost another subscriber.