Hatching Drogon egg from Game of Thrones

Cadeus

Sr Member
Hello, and welcome. I am very proud to present to you a custom ordered COSPLAY prop I was commissioned to sculpt for a client attending the Comicpalooza in Houston, Texas last weekend. This is a one-of-a-kind sculpture. I used foam for the egg to decrease weight and added plastic scales and silicone texture before weathering and painting. The dragon is hand sculpted using Sculpy firm and then painted and weathered before being added to the egg.
DSC02223.JPG

In addition to the sculptured egg and dragon, I created a small chest to store and carry it. Nothing fancy, it was purchased at Hobby Lobby and then painted, and finally detailed with the Targarean Family crest.
DSC02206.JPGDSC02214.JPG

I hope you like it. This is my first official commission, and my client was quite thrilled with the end result. It was a lot of fun to sculpt, and I look forward to my next project. It's important to value your work, but it is very gratifying when someone else values your work. I feel invigorated, and ready for my next project! :) If there is any interest, I have a few "in-progress" shots I would be happy to share. Just let me know if you are interested. Any questions or critiques are always welcome. And, as always, thanks for looking!

165 views and no comments?!? OK. :( The client, my family and my friends all loved it, but I was hoping for something from all you professionals out there. maybe something I could have done better or some encouragement that my work is "professional", ect..... I am not a snowflake so I can handle some criticism. let me have it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back