OT replacment dish for the TFA 1:144 Falcon?

:eek
WOW!!

LOL!! Thanks for the welcome back! Been busy with life, the kids are growing up and I can get back into this stuff again. Last year I almost died in February from getting bacterial meningitis really bad but now finally fully recovered and started to feel like like working on models and costumes again. I'm also back into the 501st with a full TIE pilot outfit and a Mandalorian Protector outfit and have been trooping,

I've done 15 troops since I got sick when the doctors said I should have been in a nursing home for the rest of my life like a vegetable with how bad I had it. I prayed and pushed myself to recover and I was back to work in 5 weeks from the time I was within hours of death because of the meningitis. All of my doctors were calling me a miracle because I should have been dead or worse. God looked after me on that one!
It is good to be back! Thanks again for the welcome back!
Lynn

The cockpit cone should be able to be placed onto the docking ring cone & have a continuous slope as though cut from the same cone,....thats why they have the same diameter

J

Cockpit cone placed onto the docking ring cone? Ya lost me on that one. Could you elaborate?

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

I don't fancy myself as anything or proclaim myself as an expert

J

O.K.…if you say so.

Mark

Me neither! I think most of us are just having fun enjoying the creativity of community in recreating a beloved fictional spaceship......perhaps Darth Humorous could stand to gain, ironically, a sense of humour?

;)

Well, I didn’t include you in my “fancying” comment anyway because you never gave me that impression. I DO have a sense of humor…when it is warranted. I make the comments I do because I think there are some who want to know them so as to improve their builds’ accuracy if they desire.

Mark

There are measurements & dimensions on the 5 footer that match

The cockpit diameter matches the docking ring,...the jaw & the dish

The cockpit cone & docking cone match as though they originated from the same cone

Comparison.jpg

The last image is the MPC....you can see that the docking cone is undersized ...(major flaw of the MPC is the overall height of the craft)

The 32" alternatively doesn't follow this pattern for the cockpit & docking cone

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 23.04.50.png

J

The cockpit cone & docking cone match as though they originated from the same cone

View attachment 734429

The last image is the MPC....you can see that the docking cone is undersized ...(major flaw of the MPC is the overall height of the craft)

The 32" alternatively doesn't follow this pattern for the cockpit & docking cone

View attachment 734431

J
God lord. This is like the end of the usual suspects.

It all falls into place.....

Btw, do you have falcon drawings as a dwg file for CAD?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

View attachment 734429

View attachment 734431

J

Not sure which measurements & dimensions you refer to or how it is they match the “5-footer”, but O.K., I see that you are using the old stack-the-cockpit-on-the-docking-cone trick to see a cool thing. Wow…been a long time. It will be interesting to see if the Bandai 1/72 ANH Falcon will “pass” this “test” or not. I was also already long aware of the dish- to-cockpit comparison, though I’ve never seen someone stack them together before.

Mark

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back