ANH Tusken Raider Respirator Parts

I 3D modeled the end caps for this part. Not sure if I will, but thought about just 3D printing these parts together as one.

8055111866_0f4fd16d0e_b.jpg

8055111982_e7592c3e65_b.jpg

8055112228_fd166f6a33_b.jpg

Parts are made to fit a 2" PVC pipe, or existing canister.

8071971955_4b2aed3444_b.jpg

Pink area shows how the PVC pipe will fit
8071966586_0f6ed1b907_b.jpg

Last edited:
There are fittings for airbrush hoses that look similar, but the scale is wrong.

These were an earlier version of my caps... I wasn't able to stop the prints in time, but thought they turned out pretty nice. The cap is a little short IMO, so I might order a set of the newer ones. I also think I may just do one an cast it, since I will probably have to paint them chrome anyhow.

8100304625_f0df7b5f2e_b.jpg

I think 64mm is too large (2.5")... IMO 2" is closer to the right size. I don't think the glue gun tip is big enough... looks great, it's just too small to be accurate. Also, the canister they used had a flatter cone shape, a lot of these glue cans have too steep a cone. If your'e REALLY going for accuracy.

Really? A Bostik hot glue gun on ebay looks just like it. Just search for "remmington hammer glue gun". and oddly enough the Bostik 3851 Latex adhesive 120ml cans look like the cans too.

The Bostik can is 2.5 inches (approx. 64mm) in diameter.

Sorry to necro an old thread but Andrew Ainsworth was quoted saying that he sculpted the Tusken Raider head and his friend Nick Pemberton created the respirators out of Silvo polish tins.

Pemberton also sculpted the original stormtrooper helmet and together with Ainsworth they produced the original stormtrooper armor for ANH at Shepperton studios in England.

These look great but if you're going for as close to screen accurate as possible you're better off buying two vintage Brasso cans ( their dimensions are identical to Silvo cans) and soldering or welding them together.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back