ROTJ at-st Salzo kit

3phase

Sr Member
Had this for a while so time to start. First thing Mike if you don't get me email (I FOUND THE BACK PLATE)

OK wont bore you to much as plenty of these done. Here is a few pics of things Im working on.

20170413_201240.jpg

20170415_155955.jpg

20170418_135645.jpg

The main gun needed some attention so I added some brass. Also you can see I used a bit from my ruler as I will use what ever I can find.

20170414_210312_zpsmgivxgws.jpg

20170418_135442_zps0qzrptdj.jpg

Attachments

• 20170414_210312.jpg
    20170414_210312.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
OK not sure how Scott Graham was able to display his with out a support pole as the part shown is never going to work.
So I got some brass rod and ground up 2 new parts. Will have to take them to work to lathe the end that bolts to the body to make them more accurate.
As shown there a bit rough but you can see that they work and can take some weight.

20170505_163914_zpsberzcc6s.jpg

20170505_194659_zpsusts2wra.jpg

20170505_195132_zpsd969ypg8.jpg

20170505_195508_zpsklua46df.jpg

Looking good! As you mentioned, mine didn't have a support pole. But that lasted a few months as it slowly drooped down. Now it's propped up with a 1/8" rod under the engine front.

Looking good! As you mentioned, mine didn't have a support pole. But that lasted a few months as it slowly drooped down. Now it's propped up with a 1/8" rod under the engine front.

Mate was the problem the small parts that I have remade in brass or was it something else that I might need to look at.

I couldn't exactly tell where the problem was, but it's those areas you made in brass that takes the most weight because that area is cantilevered. The legs themselves seem to be solid. I might take a look at replacing the parts with aluminum as you mention too.

if you need any individual cast pieces let me know, I have every single piece to this little guy from original kits :)

Nice build, those legs are tricky, but it is worth taking the time to get the articulation right so you can get the various positions later. Coming together well!

PS- What have you done to that bird sculpt behind it!!!

Nice build, those legs are tricky, but it is worth taking the time to get the articulation right so you can get the various positions later. Coming together well!

PS- What have you done to that bird sculpt behind it!!!

Ha that was a pelican that sits near our pool but had an accident. Need to glue his head back on.

Fantastic work 3phase! I've been working on one of these kits on and off for a while, (Neisson version) in between other prop projects. I've been making a fair few mods which have added to the time it's taken, plus knowing zip about the correct kit parts hasn't helped but I'm gettig there.

I take it the metal walker armature in the background is for an ESB version?

Here is the top. Hard part here was getting a nice transition with the fined part at the back.

rqZK4HA.jpg

r6l50ST.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Back plate. ran out of strings and had to think hard weather to steal one from my guitar

GBlfZeZ.jpg

Last edited:
No before pic but this part is too long.
Probably the wrong way to fix it but thought I would trim the front off about 5mm so had to take these little fellas off.

XnKluv9.jpg

TJcx1vQ.jpg

Now fits better

OuQDmfr.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back