Deus Ex: Human Revolution VTOL

willyt

Hoping to make a CAD rendering of the VTOL from Deus Ex Human Revolution (photos below), to this end i have made some basic dimensions of the body. I am working off of logger pro and NX so any help would be greatly appreciated. The end goal is to make a 3D print so some of the detail might be lacking in the final product. Finally I might be talking to a wall but i will try to post updates as they come.

T
20170510114131_1.jpgVTOL.png

Last edited:
Drafting is crazy time consuming and more inaccurate than I would care for but because of the scale difference I believe in the end the difference will be negligible.
I had to crop out the scale because it had my name on it but it is 1in to 1M
IMG_0934 (002).JPGIMG_0933 (002).JPG

This is the body so far.
Capture.JPG
The complexity means that i will have to build most of the ship as separate pieces, the fuselage is unfortunately included in this, and that will make for slow going. Hopefully i can print the body as one piece but i will have to talk to a printer to figure out if this is possible.

I Added the Top Dimension today as well as edge blended the tail. I have found out how i want to do the wings and that will change how the final body looks, other than that and some detailing to the cockpit this is how the final body should look. Dimensions should fallow tomorrow.
Body MKII.JPG

Here is the final iteration of the body as well as the first actual dimension. The main wings and the tail are going to be attached in their respective slots which is why you will notice the massive slits cut out of the body.
Body MKIII.JPGBODY RIGHT.JPG

Attachments

• BODY RIGHT.JPG
    BODY RIGHT.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Forgive the treadomancy; if this is frowned upon, my apologies.

The reason I resurrected this thread is that I've been looking for a good model of this vehicle for ages, in a scale somewhere between 1/55 and 1/48. So I'm curious if you ever progressed further with this project.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but when 3D modeling a vehicle from a video game, wouldn't it be easier to extract the design form the game itself?

I know it has been done before, and it would save you a ton of time. Plus, it would be an exact match. Then, because the game's polygon model might be lacking in detail up close, you could super-detail it further.

Obviously, I'm aware of IP issues etc, but when not offering the physical model for sale afterwards it might maybe be allowed for private use?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back