Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Post-release)

What did you think of Godzilla: King of the Monsters?

• Total voters

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
All that's really known story wise so far is the famous three... Rodan, Ghidorah and Mothra are to appear with Big G.
A new director of course and casting has begun...

http://www.11alive.com/entertainment/casting-call-info-for-godzilla-king-of-monsters/438269604

Casting call info for Godzilla King of Monsters:
FEMALE GUARDS

Seeking females of all ethnicities between the ages 18-40’s years to portray security guards. Should be over 5’5″ with athletic builds. Please list any experience you may have in the military, law enforcement, tactical training or security type jobs you have held, if any. Filming dates will vary throughout from June 19th-September 29th, submit if you are interested in this role at all and include your availability.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/05/04/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-anthony-ramos/

In Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Ramos will be playing Corporal Mendoza, described as someone as "keeps calm and cool on the surface, but whose bravery isn’t to be underestimated in battle."

Plot details are still unknown about Godzilla: King of the Monsters, which is currently in pre-production. Joining Ramos in the film will be Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things), Vera Farmiga (The Conjuring), Kyle Chandler (Bloodline), Ken Watanabe (Inception), O'Shea Jackson Jr. (Straight Outta Compton), and Aisha Hinds (True Blood).

[h=4]Directed by[/h]

[h=4]Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)[/h]
Max Borenstein ... (screenplay)
Michael Dougherty ... (screenplay)
Zach Shields ... (screenplay)

[h=4]Cast[/h]

Figured this is where they were headed based on the Skull Island post credits scene

Last edited by a moderator:
You want MORE "We can't do anything because we need to have a government with LOTS of meetings." With a huge radioactive monster thrown in from time to time?
Ugh.
I'll take the US version these days.

If that means that it's a movie where Godzilla is the central figure where everything happens directly because of his being involved, on top of him actually being in the freakin' picture and him representing something more than just monster-mayhem-time, then gladly I would.

I would take it in heaps and mounds over a film that has "Godzilla" in the title when in actuality he's second fiddle (exactly 8 minutes of screen time) to generic shelf-brand "army man" jumping from place to place going, "MY FAMILY!" for 2.5 hours.

If that means that it's a movie where Godzilla is the central figure where everything happens directly because of his being involved, on top of him actually being in the freakin' picture and him representing something more than just monster-mayhem-time, then gladly I would.

I would take it in heaps and mounds over a film that has "Godzilla" in the title when in actuality he's second fiddle (exactly 8 minutes of screen time) to generic shelf-brand "army man" jumping from place to place going, "MY FAMILY!" for 2.5 hours.

I seem to recall that while Gojira was a big part of the first film a lot more of it focused on a doctor and his creation and the girl he loved.......
Gojira is best when he DOESN'T show up for most of the movie,just look at how it went downhill after the '55 film.

*ETA*

I actually like both the new American and Japanese versions,I'm a bit wary though of what the Japanese have in mind and I know Anno's habit of huge amounts of unneeded BS,plus the whole mini whatevers coming out of Gojira's tail at the end kinda spell "here we go again" right into the crap that ruined the series back in the 60's and 70's

I always thought that the argument that "dude godzilla is barely even in it" never holds water. Have you ever watched any of the others? At least the decent ones anyway, he is barely even in it! I wanted to like Shin Godzilla so much, and my god was I let down SO HARD. I actually nodded off during some scenes. Maybe it was the PM complaining about noodles, or one of the boardroom scenes. Or maybe it was the scene when "Godzilla" comes on to land and his googly eyes were all over the place. God that movie sucked. And a tail lazer? Lame. Yes, the family part was a tad contrived after Bryan Cranston died. But there wasnt a single moment in Shin Godzilla that was cool or rewarding. In my opinion at least.

Im all for this new Godzilla, and hopefully they do it in the same vein as the 2014 version. I cant wait for this to come out.

We will always have Paris, or victory dance Godzilla as the case may be.

242_463aacd484e25.gif

I figure Kong and Gozi will fight and then eventually band together to fight the larger threat of the other beasties. I may pass. I kind of regret going to see that new Kong movie.

I confess I haven't seen Shin Godzilla (yet). I'm having trouble finding a decent copy with English subtitles. But, from what I've seen, I do like the Japanese Shin Godzilla design much more than the American version. Once upon a time Gojira was actually a horror movie. But then, as the franchise evolved, he became more and more ... anthropomorphic. Godzilla became more expressive but also became less horrifying. Godzilla 2014 is a step in the right direction and, at best, he's cool-looking and awe-inspiring and he has a clearly angry face. Shin Godzilla actually looks frightening. His beady eyes are, like a shark, devoid of emotion. I want that. Shin Godzilla would just eat Kong alive and move on.

I confess I haven't seen Shin Godzilla (yet). I'm having trouble finding a decent copy with English subtitles. But, from what I've seen, I do like the Japanese Shin Godzilla design much more than the American version. Once upon a time Gojira was actually a horror movie. But then, as the franchise evolved, he became more and more ... anthropomorphic. Godzilla became more expressive but also became less horrifying. Godzilla 2014 is a step in the right direction and, at best, he's cool-looking and awe-inspiring and he has a clearly angry face. Shin Godzilla actually looks frightening. His beady eyes are, like a shark, devoid of emotion. I want that. Shin Godzilla would just eat Kong alive and move on.
Wait until you see the whole movie before you think how "terrifying" he is... :rolleyes

They said in Skull Island that Kong was still growing and that takes place in 1971. Godzilla takes place in present day. That's almost 50 years for Kong to gain more height. Though I don't expect he'll be as big as Godzilla.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back