Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Post-release)

What did you think of Godzilla: King of the Monsters?

• Total voters
Mike Dougherty: "Christmas time is here."

https://twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/status/941713031746109440

DRGjAhQUQAANC5q.jpg

The box should have had a label on it reading, "ATTENTION: Live Kaiju - Open at own risk (general liability insurance will NOT cover any damage caused)". :)

Soooooo.....They had a small trailer at the Chicago G-fest,now when are we out here going to get some crumbs?

And let me say STOP TALKING ABOUT STAR WARS!! And focus on other interesting things (like this) :lol

Hmm, I love the campy Japanese films of the sixties (except for maybe All Monsters Attack, little bullied kid becomes dream friends with Minilla), even the Millennium series Godzilla aren't terrible. I'd rather watch those over Matthew Broderick running from a giant deformed T Rex in NYC.

I saw the '14 Godzilla movie in the theater, but barely even remember it. It's less memorable than Destroy all Monsters, with the aliens brainwashing the scientists on Monster Island and releasing the Kaiju.

Personally, I enjoyed Kong: Skull Island. I only hope Godzilla '19 is better than '14 if they plan to do a team up/ versus movie between the two of them. I want Godzilla to be memorable, not forgettable.

Frankly, I haven't been that impressed with what anyone is doing with Godzilla lately. Didn't care for the 2014 Godzilla, didn't care for Shin Godzilla, hated the first part of the anime Godzilla. It feels like everyone has lost sight of what Godzilla, the character, actually is.

I didn't want to listen to too much. There are SDCC videos with interviews.
One thing was expect to hear some of the classic music themes.

So, is this supposed to tie into the Kong: Skull Island universe or is it totally separate? Kong did have that after credits scene showing all these monsters.

So, is this supposed to tie into the Kong: Skull Island universe or is it totally separate? Kong did have that after credits scene showing all these monsters.

Yes.

The next film is supposed to be Kong Vs Godzilla. According to the director, they've upped Kong's height by 100 ft & set his movie in the '70's, just so he'd be a credible threat to Godzilla in the present day.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back