Patrol torpedo fast attack ship

SCUDMAN

Sr Member
Hello everyone;
I would like to share a project I have been working on for a few weeks. This project has sentimental roots to my childhood, which has filtered into the creative process. Back in the 1970's, when I was a "young lad," one of my favorite movies was "PT-109" which is a 1963 film about John F. Kennedy when he was in the United States Navy during World War Two. One of the first models I built was a 1/32 scale PT-109.
This build is inspired by memories of the movies I loved when I was growing up and the models that got me started in the wonderful hobby of model building. This build will have a futuristic twist to it of course.
Thank you for looking;
IMG_1276.JPG

I had a bit of a false start with this project.
IMG_1281.JPGIMG_1283.JPG
I started fabricating the "wing" and realized it was to small for the amount of detail I wanted the model to have. So I threw this in the spare parts bin and started over.

I mated the deck guns to there mounts using rare earth magnets. The guns rotate freely and won't fall off, even if the model is turned upside down.
IMG_1335.JPG IMG_1337.JPG
Thank you for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back