Patrol torpedo fast attack ship

Thank you very much for your feedback guys. Joberg, Axlotl and Alex are correct in identifying the parts. Here are two more photos
IMG_1428.JPG IMG_1429.JPG
Thank you for looking

Hi Joberg; thank you for the compliment. It is much appreciated. I am starting to apply some pre-shading to the nooks and crannies.
IMG_1460.JPG
More to come. Thank you for looking.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you as well Vismus.

Hello everyone; I have a quick update to share. For the exposed portion of the engine compartment I used the top of a tank hull. Using styrene profiles I added some extra detailing to give it a bit more dimension.
IMG_1461.JPG
Here is the part test fitted into place
IMG_1462.JPG
Thank you for looking.

I see you added a bit of Salsa to the area....for a little extra zip? ;)
Looks just great! Are you possibly thinking of lighting your creation?

Thank you very much for your interest in my project guys. As for the salsa Vismus, I love chips and salsa. As for adding lights, I don't think so. I'm thinking dark and stealthy.
I have a quick update to share;
i have been applying a dark shadow coat of paint to the hidden recesses.
IMG_1481.JPG
Here is the engine block detail with a coat of black. On the right there are some paint swatches I'm considering for the exterior color.
IMG_1485.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for looking.

Okay, I'm just going to bring up my standard thoughts about black fighting spaceships. And I only bring it up because this model strikes me as beautifully realistic in its design and its details. So I'm going to make a science argument against black spaceships. Here it goes:

Spaceships would almost certainly be detected through heat signature by IR telescopes rather than just by visible light. And since black absorbs heat from light, a ship painted black would actually be more visible and therefore an easier target. White, OTOH reflects light/heat away from itself so there would be an advantage to going with light colors.

That's about it. Please feel free to totally ignore this information, secure in the knowledge that my feelings won't be hurt at all if this ship has a bass-ass black paint job like a stealth bomber. I'm sure it'll look amazing when all is said and done.

--Alex

Hello everyone; thank you so much for your comments and input.
Alex; what you are saying makes a lot of sense, and I'm going to give it some thought.
Ron; thank you for the compliment.
Joberg; overall, the model will have some level of weathering. How much I'm not sure yet. Weathering some times takes on a life of its own.
Best wishes to you all and happy model building!

Hello everyone; I took a short break with this project, but now I’m back on it. I have a small update to share.
C40737AC-1F4C-46F8-A6BB-BF894DEDD673.jpeg
There was a little room at the back of the antenna complex so I built two more “instruments” to fill the slot.
A750FF1D-682E-44D8-A956-144F3EA9AA32.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back