Patrol torpedo fast attack ship

Thank you for the compliment Joberg. A Sciece fiction model is all about the detail in the "trenches" and the "pits." Here is the "engine pit" with some detailing fitted.
IMG_1392.JPG
As always, thank you for your interest.

Hello everyone; I have a quick tip to share when working with solvent based glue and styrene plastic. I started to think about how I was going to fabricate the armored windows. I'm shooting for the look that you see on an up armored Humvee or MRAP. So I decided to build a quick mock up to see if I like the design. The trouble with solvent based glue, is it can warp your assembly. As the solvent glue evaporates, the welded joint shrinks a bit and the park can warp. To mitigate this I tape the part to a known flat and true surface as I'm glueing it up. Typically I leave the part to set over night.
IMG_1393.JPG
I hope this tip helps someone.
Best wishes and happy model building.

Thank you for the feedback Joberg; I added some trim to the window frames. I left enough clearance so that a clear styrene panel can be affixed behind the frames.
IMG_1395.JPG
Here are the windows test fitted.
IMG_1396.JPG
Thank you for looking.

Thank you for the positive feedback guys. As for color scheme of the model, I have been giving a lot of thought to that. I may do some test color samples soon to see what looks best. I'll keep you posted.
best wishes guys;
SCUD

Hello everyone; I have a quick update to share. I fabricated the end caps for the leading edge of the crew cabin extension.
IMG_1409.JPG
Here it is set in place.
IMG_1408.JPG
Thank you for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back