TOR Armored Jedi with a Rey twist

Re: TOR Armored Jedi

Finished the thighs on the weekend and started the hand plates, then finished the hand plates tonight. All the glue stains will be sanded off during the sanding/filling/sealing phase :)
a51600f8489dbb991bc180ead0861be9.jpg
3dc569678bd4ce3487dbe31d2438b6de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOR Armored Jedi

Soooo I made the forearm armour last week but I just didn't like it so tonight I practically finished the new forearms except for one detail piece which I'm still thinking how to do..
Here's a pic of the handplates and forearms
b575719287840264b10d62133c02137e.jpg

Also, my boss was awesome enough to bring me back some brown thermals and gloves on his US trip. I received my robe in the mail too the sleeves just need to be altered. Now all I need are the pouches to complete my soft parts.
74a060179964658d890c274351101ad3.jpg

Unfortunately my amber LEDs I ordered 2 weeks ago still haven't arrived so I think they may have been lost as the seller is sending out another package.
Hoping to get the shins finished by this week so then I can start the sanding/filling/sealing stage.

Last edited:

Looks great! And that's awesome that all the soft parts are almost done. Can't wait to see a suit up.

Looks great! And that's awesome that all the soft parts are almost done. Can't wait to see a suit up.

Yeah I'm stoked considering they were the parts I was worrying about the most, now time to worry about the foam parts [emoji23]
Yep! I'm excited to see it all together, working out the strapping is going to be fun

TOR Armored Jedi

Began making my front shin template tonight which I began to build but didn't like so I've made some adjustment to the mountain fold (new in red on the left). As you can see on the build the bottom section flared out too much so this is why I've changed the template. Will start them again tomorrow.
3c4848cd270a2bd54c77e4ccd22189bb.jpg

Sort of slacked off a bit because I couldn't get my shin template right, I finally decided on a design the other night and starting building, here's where I'm up to
unnamed8.jpg
Fingers crossed I have these finished by tonight so I can move on to the sanding/filling/sealing stage of the build. Still waiting on my plastidip, am hoping it arrives this week or unfortunately I will have to start dipping next weekend which is cutting it close. I have 3 weeks left until Comic Con!

Have posted this in a couple of places but not on my build thread so here goes, he's a pic of me 'wearing' the finished pieces
a337914d1a9bf023678a715ca108e161.jpg

And the pieces laid out on my bed
7bd91f093ac1af0a6199fa26cef3b3f0.jpg

I began sealing the pieces this weekend but unfortunately it began to rain so I didn't get to finish. I'll definitely have to finish sealing AND painting next weekend, hoping that the weather holds up for me to do so though. I might even have to try and plasti dip during the week after work, it's just I'm not sure how the plastidip will handle the cold weather at night.
I realized I also forgot to mention my twist, and that twist is that this will be an armored Jedi with a Rey twist. I began doing a repaint of the nerf Rey blaster and completed it, I know it's not 100% accurate but I wanted to do a nerf repaint and unfortunately will not have enough time to print and prepare an accurate Rey blaster, it will do though :)
Here's my Rey pieces that I will be wearing with the Jedi armour, will have to make a holster for the blaster this week
24e3c003803b2ebe78eacf95c07df7a2.jpg

Awesome progress! It's all coming along well.

To continue with the Rey theme, will your soft parts match the fabric color of her outfit, or your hair match s as well?

Either way, keep up the great work!

Awesome progress! It's all coming along well.

To continue with the Rey theme, will your soft parts match the fabric color of her outfit, or your hair match s as well?

Either way, keep up the great work!

Thank you!

I'm going to do the 3 classic buns and wear the wrist wraps, I'm not entirely sure for the top and pants I'm still contemplating those!

Love it looks so awesome! Your making me want to do a Star Wars armor next lol. Really like the Ray idea. Looking forward to seeing how you do it.

Love it looks so awesome! Your making me want to do a Star Wars armor next lol. Really like the Ray idea. Looking forward to seeing how you do it.

I know! I'm tempted to do another Star Wars cosplay after this especially after seeing the new battlefront trailer. Thanks for the feedback :)

Re plasti dipped all the armour parts today as I wasn't happy with the quality. They're so much better now, I'm slowly getting the hang of painting with plastidip.
After sealing the pieces I then spray painted all of the parts silver, I was hoping that this would make the green 'pop' as it is a flat colour (best colour I could find here)
ff96d7e081161791fa648a03a71babaf.jpg

Here's a look at some of the parts I painted today, they need to be touched up as they only got one coat but I'm really happy with them. Hope tomorrow is good weather wise so I can get all the parts finished by tomorrow, that would be great!
03716a4bb25e84daf1a82f99f0d7ee0b.jpg

I bought some clear glossy acrylic paint today as I thought this might help the green to be less 'flat', does anyone know if this would work? Or am I just best to try it out on a scrap piece?

I bought some clear glossy acrylic paint today as I thought this might help the green to be less 'flat', does anyone know if this would work? Or am I just best to try it out on a scrap piece?

If should shine it up a bit. I know some automotive clear coat would put a shine on it. Looking great btw!

That looks awesome! Looks like it fits you really well, and the colors are great. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the clothes. Since your doing a Rey twist will you be wearing a robe or her tunic?

That looks awesome! Looks like it fits you really well, and the colors are great. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the clothes. Since your doing a Rey twist will you be wearing a robe or her tunic?

Thank you :)
I'm wearing a classic armored Jedi robe (sleeves go up the elbows) but I still haven't gotten around to altering it >_< but it definitely needs to be done otherwise you can't see the forearm armour, under the forearms I will also be wearing the rey wrist wraps :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back