TOR Armored Jedi with a Rey twist

brokechick

Hey RPFers!

I'm back with a new build, I enjoyed building my wolvie so much that I have finally begun building my TOR Armored Jedi!

Here is what I want it to look like, although I am not striving for it to be COMPLETELY accurate:
unnamed (7).jpgrgWDt5h.png

I think the hardest part for me will be trying to find the soft parts (gloves, boots, robe, belt pouches and the undergarment. I am wanting to complete this by Oz Comic Con Melbourne which is on the 1st of July...therefore, I have around 7-8 weeks to build this and help my friends with their cosplay builds also.

Oh! I also may be adding a little bit of a twist to the armour, we'll see how I go with time ;)
Thanks for watching and like always I love constructive feedback so fire away :D

- - - Updated - - -

So...tonight I started constructing the cod piece and the chest plate, so far so good I think :)
unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Re: TOR Armored Jedi

Hey hows it going? I cant see the attachment you uploaded, just wanted to let you know

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Unless you're going for pristine armor I would add at least one lightsaber strike on the shoulder armor. Nothing real deep, just like a lightsaber hit and glanced off of it.

BTW, I like your Instagram name. We had a girl from Australia in high school and she convinced us Drop Bears are a real threat. That was in 96 before it was easy to search that on the Internet... :lol

Unless you're going for pristine armor I would add at least one lightsaber strike on the shoulder armor. Nothing real deep, just like a lightsaber hit and glanced off of it.

BTW, I like your Instagram name. We had a girl from Australia in high school and she convinced us Drop Bears are a real threat. That was in 96 before it was easy to search that on the Internet... :lol

Definitely not going for the pristine look, that would be awesome to add to the shoulder :)

Hahahaha! That's so great! Glad you understand the term drop bear as some people still ask me what that is, I need to get around to designing myself a logo I think

I was considering building this armor a while back... maybe ill build it now that there is someone i can piggyback off of lol

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Do ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, you know you want to ;)

Also considering building my first lightsaber as well for this, well I've already ordered the hilt but the electronics I still need to research about hahah

Dude, I miss the play this game. Why do you always do this to me, keep building costumes which I want to build so much? First Wolverine now Jedi costume from SWTOR... Next?

Great start by the way, congrats. Freehand I think?

Dude, I miss the play this game. Why do you always do this to me, keep building costumes which I want to build so much? First Wolverine now Jedi costume from SWTOR... Next?

Great start by the way, congrats. Freehand I think?

Hahaha sorry!
Thanks, I have partial templates but will be adding to them to try and match the pics found online :D

Love this look as well! It fits the "warrior monk" look much more than what the prequels gave us...though i do love me some Ep1 Obi-Wan robes lol.

Looking forward to your progress.:thumbsup

Love this look as well! It fits the "warrior monk" look much more than what the prequels gave us...though i do love me some Ep1 Obi-Wan robes lol.

Looking forward to your progress.:thumbsup

They definitely need to do an old republic series or something, all the vids on youtube are so good!

Thank you :) hopefully I can make it look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finished the chest plate on the weekend, just need to add the middle detail piece later with some amber LEDs (I have never wired LED's or let alone anything so I may need some help on this)
A03B4A37-3C9F-454E-81B4-3B00DFCCD1B9_zpsmh3ljsm2.jpg

I also found some brown slip on boots in Target that work great, and they were on sale too so I picked them up for $25! Unfortunately they have a bit of a heel on them so I'm hoping they don't get too uncomfortable.
9A583C02-3F6F-4394-8DC0-33E6A7AF0703_zpshv73ac3c.jpg

Tonight I am wanting to add the detail pieces onto the cod plate (just the buckle piece at the top)

So I finished the buckle tonight, it honestly took a lot longer than I thought it would but it's done! :)
afd4ccb153112fb47208978a0f53a0a7.jpg
7c84bb6ee234a39ac6235e3499da31d9.jpg

Next up are the thighs :)

Looking great!
On your Instagram I saw your 3d printed props. What type of printer are you using? I want one but new to the market and doing research on them now.

Looking great!
On your Instagram I saw your 3d printed props. What type of printer are you using? I want one but new to the market and doing research on them now.

Cheers :)

I own a wombot exilis, it's a printer made here in Australia and I love it! I've heard good things about the monoprice or of course a prusa, it just depends on your price range but one of those printers is a good place to start I think

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back