Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Subscribe
  1. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jun 26, 2017, 4:59 PM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #376

yes... clever photoshopping to give Covenant a vintage vibe.

it isn't an ACTUAL VHS tape jacket.
    From
    Chicago
    Jun 26, 2017, 5:24 PM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #377

Mr Webber said: View Post
    Technically, the other gestation periods have all been slowed down.
    I wasn`t offended when the original alien went from escaping a chest cavity to dragging Brett though a vent in only a couple of hours.
    Father said: View Post
    That doesn't bother me as much as egg, facehugger, to chestburster in under 3 minutes.
    To be fair, gestation periods in the Alien movies has always been inconsistent.. Kane's Baby gestates for several of hours. The Queen inside Ripley is almost a day. The Bambi-Buster takes only only a few hours. All but one of the Aliens in Resurrection take only about an hour or so. The exception being that guy they find on the floor in the chamber where they put the eggs into the Betty's captured cargo (I don't even know his name, if that's any indication of how impactful the movie has been on me ). That guy gestates for a few days, with several "false stirrings" along the way. His gestation is even longer than the Queen's in 3. Then, if you take AVP into consideration, gestation lasts less than an hour, and takes even less time in AVP:R. Really, the whole gestation period seems to be dependant on plot convenience and how quickly the plot needs the Xenomorph to appear.
    Jun 27, 2017, 5:07 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #378

Kit Rae said: View Post
    Screen time is not real time.
    WHAT?!

- - - Updated - - -

that is AWESOME.
    Jun 27, 2017, 7:03 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #379

lovelyandy said: View Post
    WHAT?!
    I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

You do understand that when you see a movie that is 2 hours long that the events in the movie did not take exactly 2 hours, don't you? Or were you just being silly
    Jun 27, 2017, 11:00 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #380

Kit Rae said: View Post
    I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

You do understand that when you see a movie that is 2 hours long that the events in the movie did not take exactly 2 hours, don't you? Or were you just being silly
    I know, I was trying to be funny. I'll stop
    Jun 30, 2017, 9:15 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #381

It all started April 27th, posters were placed at the local theater (we are talking about the only movie theater in a 120 square km's area).
    One week prior to the national premiere, on the 11th, posters were dropped. It wouldn't be displayed cos the national distributor who got the rights was selling it in a pack with a bunch of films nobody wanted to see.

On June 5th went to see the Slayer gig at capital city and ended up watching the film... at 4 pm (daytime is a weird time to watch Alien but whatever).
    After all this drama, i was finally there! At a theater! To watch it! 3 and a half weeks after the premiere...

Having read horrible and/or less than good reviews i was waiting to see one of the, if not the worse movie from the franchise (thank you bad reviewers).
    Ended up loving it, it was quite fun to watch.

Is it perfectly written?
    Not really.

Was i counting on a complete spillage of all the unanswered questions?
    Not really.

Hoping Scott (and some OTHER writers ) gets to finish the prequel trilogy, i'm looking forward to watch all those colonists die in some "gorefest" and ofc see how in the hell is David getting...

IFW.
    From
    Midwest
    Jul 11, 2017, 10:45 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #382

I did a qualitative study a few weeks ago, which ended in a brief 9 page paper on textual analysis of a Facebook memoriam post. The post in question was a GIF of Dr. Shaw, and I analyzed the comments for themes. The VAST majority of the comments were complains about Alien: Covenant, with the next theme being suggestions, where people made recommendations for how to continue the series or improve it, explanation was the third most numerous, with people defending why Shaw was killed (these were also the most significant in amount of text posted), and finally, the fourth most common theme was praise for Rapace as an actress.

Reading through and subsequently analyzing those comments definitely indicated a few things, the first being that there was no regret among fans for her character's death, the second being that the post generated mostly negative comments, and third, people who felt Scott made good decisions in Covenant were motivated to write MANY paragraphs. Comparing those lengthy post to the critiques, sometimes just "film sucked", was quite interesting, as those fans who enjoyed the movie obviously felt they needed to defend it. The lack of grief was definitely significant, as many people post about fictional character loss...But not a single person did.
    From
    Illinois
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 14, 2017, 9:04 PM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #383

Upon subsequent viewings I love covenant. I can't get enough of the visuals.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 15, 2017, 8:03 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #384

DARKSIDE72 said: View Post
    Upon subsequent viewings I love covenant. I can't get enough of the visuals.
    This movie was terrible, what are you, a Ridley Scott lap dog?!
    From
    Burlington Vermont U.S.A.
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 15, 2017, 10:40 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #385

Everyone has an opinion.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 15, 2017, 10:44 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #386

TheMechanic said: View Post
    Everyone has an opinion.
    I'm busting his balls he accused me of being Kathleen Kennedy's lap dog because I like Star Wars movies. Then I see this and hypocrisy was too good to pass up.
    From
    Burlington Vermont U.S.A.
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 15, 2017, 10:45 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #387

Gotcha, haha!
    From
    Illinois
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 9:16 PM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #388

Gladly at least ill admit it.
    Bryancd said: View Post
    This movie was terrible, what are you, a Ridley Scott lap dog?!
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 10:20 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #389

Saw this yesterday, so many questions.

I will mention that I liked, towards the end when Daniels was struggling with David, David says, "That's the spirit!" Batty said the same thing to Deckard in Blade Runner.
    From
    Annapolis MD
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 2:16 PM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #390

Fox reassessing Alien franchise.
    http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-trilogy/
    I hope they have Blokamp on speed dial.
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 21, 2017, 9:43 PM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #391

Just pull the plug. I don't think the ship can be righted. Best just to leave well enough alone. I know they won't, but they should.
    From
    Orlando, FL
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 22, 2017, 2:17 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #392

I feel like they should have made an "in-betweequel" in the time Ripley is asleep between Alien and Aliens. I would even like to see a straight adaptation of Alien: Isolation honestly. That would at least make sense as to why the lead is so similar to Ripley, and adds those personal stakes to the movie.
    3 Weeks Ago  Jul 26, 2017, 6:58 AM - Re: Alien: Covenant (Post-release) #393

I dont even know why Ridley Scott is involved, he had his ideas for the engineers, then when prometheus wasnt well received, he just scrapped that, and popped the alien in because 'that's what fans want'.