Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I recently ordered the Agent K trench coat and the dye on the lambs wool was more maroon colored than brown. Has anyone re-dyed wool that was already sewn into a coat ? Any recommendations on how to change the color from reddish brown to dark brown?

I recently ordered the Agent K trench coat and the dye on the lambs wool was more maroon colored than brown. Has anyone re-dyed wool that was already sewn into a coat ? Any recommendations on how to change the color from reddish brown to dark brown?

Seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth to try and dye something that's already sewn into a garment...but you could do what the production ostensibly did to weather and darken the lapel fur, which was to rub it with shoe polish!

Thank you for the shoe polish suggestion. Any other lovely production patina tricks are welcome. I aged the leather already using a Minwax gel stain and dulled it nicely with denatured alcohol. Changing the wool color is next

Thank you for the shoe polish suggestion. Any other lovely production patina tricks are welcome. I aged the leather already using a Minwax gel stain and dulled it nicely with denatured alcohol. Changing the wool color is next

@Indy Magnoli might be able to give more information on this technique, as he offers a weathered-shearling option for the Officer K coat that he produces...see this post: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281494&p=4364344&viewfull=1#post4364344

No better way to achieve the older look than by normal wear and tear.
That's for sure. But I'm talking about something more like when the leather is old. How achieve the wrinkles in waxed cotton? And make the colour irregular. Wasted in the elbows and the stitches in the shoulder, for put an example.

That's for sure. But I'm talking about something more like when the leather is old. How achieve the wrinkles in waxed cotton? And make the colour irregular. Wasted in the elbows and the stitches in the shoulder, for put an example.

Regular wear should do exactly that over time, but depending on how the fabric was waxed, creasing and friction could create lighter areas in the finish. I have had some waxed garments that don't wear so easily though.

@ONRX Drumani You could try following Zlurpo's thread, maybe he's been describing his production techniques to his customers? In my opinion he's making the most movie accurate coats with the wrinkles and irregular color you're talking about.

TO ANYBODY WHO HAS A COAT FROM WHITE SHEEP LEATHER:

Can someone post a photo or selfie of their WSL coat in this position? This coat is Zurlpo's version and the collar is the best I've seen out all the coats on and off this forum. I want to see how they compare before WSL begins stitching my custom size coat. WSL makes a great coat but it seems a bit off?
Both lapels should have a slight curvature all long the top edge like in Zlurpo's coat below (Indy Magnoli also does this). The long side of the collar (the right side) should come down past the the lapel corners, also demonstrated in Zlurpo's photos below.
4c44f5e4-8ae7-4882-ad48-9b4d9c311500.jpgpost.jpg

In the photos I've seen from WSL their collars are easily 6cm shorter and I worry that may result in a collar that is too tight around the head when closed up. They didn't ask for neck or head measurements so ill have to check in with them.

Just for future reference, here's the back of the coat, again no special requests. Standard lettering color. https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4726/38215688955_677160f30b.jpgwsl3.
Do you have a photo with the "face guard" up? There's some concerns in this thread about how tight it is around the wearer's head, which apparently has been addressed by WSL. Yours is probably the most recently made in this thread, so it might let us know how it's been altered.

Do you have a photo with the "face guard" up? There's some concerns in this thread about how tight it is around the wearer's head, which apparently has been addressed by WSL. Yours is probably the most recently made in this thread, so it might let us know how it's been altered.
The WSL website is back up. Yeah, the face guard is right up against the face, at least in the version at the time I ordered mine. Definitely something to (re)address before you order yours!
wsl2

As Ive stated before, this was due to inaccurate measurements.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

White Sheep Leather said they have addressed the problem, but i'm still skeptical. pheyos has uploaded the most recent photos of a WSL coat and it seems his collar has the same issue (however he didn't specify when he ordered it). I had my coat custom sized but they didn't ask for my head or neck measurements. Harrypotterfan, do you remember send measurements of your head or only shoulders? By the way thanks for posting, you helped me decide which coat was best for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've been following this thread from the beginning and it's time to write my first post.

I've ordered the WSL coat on Nov 30th and it came yesterday. Normally my size is in between Medium and Large , so after checking the charts they had on their website and taking measurements I went with size L. Unfortunately I have the same problem as pheyos - the coat is true to its size at the shoulder but too tight at the hips (the bottom magnet is useless), plus - it's way too tight around the arms, the arm length is fine though. Also the face guard is right up against the face. The lapel which is flipped inside sits also too tight against the neck. The lapel-magnet is useless and not strong enough. Again, as pheyos said: you definitely want to go with custom fitting.

Aside from the size, the coat is too thin and light in my opinion. I've already had suspicions when I received the small and light parcel. The materials and colors are okay and I like the fur even if it's not screen accurate, but the coat needs to be better lined.

Last edited:
Dammit! Now I'm really afraid. Mine arrives this week and with the issues with the collar, the face guard and Now the magnets and the coat is thin. I'm very disapointed and I lost all the excitement. The worst is that I don't think they acept return.
I should have chosen zlurpo's. Te money is almost the same.
Big mistake, I'm afraid. I'm sad.

Just wanted to post a quick pic of my $30 quick cosplay from last weekend. Colors and materials were far from accurate but it still got a good reception and I had a lot of fun making it. Taken on a cell phone so colors were a bit off from what they looked like in person but this gets the idea across. (Again I know it's far off from the original) haha Hope you guy's enjoy portraying the character as much as I did! 25590056_10212016804030318_1871374352_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit! Now I'm really afraid. Mine arrives this week and with the issues with the collar, the face guard and Now the magnets and the coat is thin. I'm very disapointed and I lost all the excitement. The worst is that I don't think they acept return.
I should have chosen zlurpo's. Te money is almost the same.
Big mistake, I'm afraid. I'm sad.
Enjoy the hell out of the coat. I have a Deckard coat I wear only a few times a year. This K coat I'm going to beat up with a lot of use. I wear mine out with a sweater underneath and it keeps me warm (mild California climate, to be fair).

I would also say that the coat, in almost every screen picture I can find of it right now, is usually worn open at the front. Just my opinion, but it seems to be designed to meet at the middle of the front and then open away at the legs. I think if this look is your goal then the coat is perfect for it.

Got in touch with WSL, they said that they will make it so there is some space between the face guard. I asked for some photos before they ship it out, so I'll post those here when I get them.

ONRX Drumani I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think the coat still looks great despite its flaws. Zurlpo's and Magnoli's coats are great, but they aren't perfect recreations of the coat either. It's a distinct enough coat that most versions of it are going to be pretty recognizable. Even with jkidd2099's excellent $30 build, it's obvious enough who he's trying to be. Best you can do is take pheyos's advice and wear the hell out of it. With enough use, it'll end up weathered and look even closer to how it is in the movie ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back