Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I agree. And also starting to think that we have the priviledge of having one (zlurpo's, Magnoli's And WSL). And for I have seen I think those are pretty similar to the real thing (dunno which one more of them and in what degree)
I went for the one from WSL not only for the money issue but more for the delivery time what apears to be less than the others.

Today I receibed the bates shock 6. And are amazing. I have two knits and three pairs of pants. But I Will not wear nothing until I have my coat. May be my head blow of excitement before. I cant wait anymore!!!

Last edited:
Yeah Zlurpo's is pricey but I think still a little more affordable than Magnoli's, the way I figured it.

If you're ordering within the US, standard sizing, without printing on the back, Zlurpo's is quite a bit cheaper. But if you're outside North America, want it made-to-measure with the back writing... it's only a $30 difference in price.

Thanks to Zlurpo, WL and others... there are, luckily, a lot of options for this jacket.

Just wanted to add that for anybody still thinking about them, I got my boots today and they are very comfortable and seem to be of high quality, overall better than I was expecting. I got them in 13 XW, I have pretty wide feet and they fit perfect.

Hall86 I didn't have much luck finding a fabric that was accurate enough so I had to settle because my Con is this weekend. This is like sacrilege on this Thread but I actually just had to go with a black leather:wacko from Salvation Army for $7. I looked for an accurate "laminated cotton" trench or jacket online which led me in a fairly decent direction but everything was too pricey. If you have any luck with the jacket please let me know. I would love to do something more accurate down the road. I think my current running cost for my entire costume is
$7 Jacket, $10 Fur and Dye, $5 Sweater, Existing Pants and Boots. Haha far from perfect but everyone loves it so far that has seen it and the comparison photos.
(Please do not rip me apart fellow RPFers lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hall86 I didn't have much luck finding a fabric that was accurate enough so I had to settle because my Con is this weekend. This is like sacrilege on this Thread but I actually just had to go with a black leather:wacko from Salvation Army for $7. I looked for an accurate "laminated cotton" trench or jacket online which led me in a fairly decent direction but everything was too pricey. If you have any luck with the jacket please let me know. I would love to do something more accurate down the road. I think my current running cost for my entire costume is
$7 Jacket, $10 Fur and Dye, $5 Sweater, Existing Pants and Boots. Haha far from perfect but everyone loves it so far that has seen it and the comparison photos.

Some purists might scoff, but I always love seeing a creatively-assembled "budget" build, even if it's not 100% accurate. That's certainly how I do a lot of my costumes!

@Hall86 I didn't have much luck finding a fabric that was accurate enough so I had to settle because my Con is this weekend. This is like sacrilege on this Thread but I actually just had to go with a black leather:wacko from Salvation Army for $7. I looked for an accurate "laminated cotton" trench or jacket online which led me in a fairly decent direction but everything was too pricey. If you have any luck with the jacket please let me know. I would love to do something more accurate down the road. I think my current running cost for my entire costume is
My thinking here is that if I can find a suitable coat with a decent enough colour match, I can wax it myself to get that "laminated" look. But finding a jacket that would be a suitable base might be pretty tough. My con is still about 5 months away, so I have some time. Worst case scenario, I have to cough up the money for a replica.

The fur you used for your coat was an almost perfect match. Do you have whatever they named the fur? We don't have Joann Fabrics in Canada, but that might give me a good place to start.

My thinking here is that if I can find a suitable coat with a decent enough colour match, I can wax it myself to get that "laminated" look. But finding a jacket that would be a suitable base might be pretty tough. My con is still about 5 months away, so I have some time. Worst case scenario, I have to cough up the money for a replica.

The fur you used for your coat was an almost perfect match. Do you have whatever they named the fur? We don't have Joann Fabrics in Canada, but that might give me a good place to start.

There is no real company name used but they are advertising it as "Luxury Faux Fur Sherpa Fabric " http://www.joann.com/luxury-faux-fur-sherpa-fabric-58in-ivory/14387633.html
So if you searched that or asked your local Fabric shop for "Faux Sherpa Fur" they could probably get you in the ballpark.

Because it's Faux it's made out of polyester so to dye it you have to use a special polyester dye and the one I used in boiling water for about 45 mins was
Jacquard iDye Fabric Dye - Natural, Poly and Nylon Fabrics. Just lay down a few towels because it can splash haha

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Fabr...+Fabric+Dye+-+Natural,+Poly+and+Nylon+Fabrics

There is no real company name used but they are advertising it as "Luxury Faux Fur Sherpa Fabric " http://www.joann.com/luxury-faux-fur-sherpa-fabric-58in-ivory/14387633.html
So if you searched that or asked your local Fabric shop for "Faux Sherpa Fur" they could probably get you in the ballpark.

Because it's Faux it's made out of polyester so to dye it you have to use a special polyester dye and the one I used in boiling water for about 45 mins was
Jacquard iDye Fabric Dye - Natural, Poly and Nylon Fabrics. Just lay down a few towels because it can splash haha

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Fabr...+Fabric+Dye+-+Natural,+Poly+and+Nylon+Fabrics
Great, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to post any suitable coats I find for anyone else who might be engaging in a budget-friendly operation.

I received today my WSL waxed cotton jacket and it is absolutely amazing.

Got any pics?

I'm still gonna make an attempt at a semi-homemade coat, but the WSL coat is a good backup if I don't have much luck. I'm curious though, what does the colour look like compared to Zlurpo's? harrypotterfan Narsil

I know pinpointing the exact colour of the real coat is a bit of a fruitless effort, but I like the colour of his the best. The WSL seems a lot lighter and a bit more grey. It's hard to tell from the photos.

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality and the environment. There is nobody available now to make photos of me wearing it. Maybe next week, because I keep it as a surprise for a party coming very soon.
vEarM%uTR9WOCXRuH+qUNw.jpg
+N1L8S8cSdG+zLRg%FPihQ.jpg
iWGXMYUKRZuuJtTtYBbKjQ.jpg

I got my Magnoli coat yesterday and as promised here’s some pictures! I opted for a black coat with buttons and no screen printing on the back (although I almost wish I did now haha). These are just initial thoughts because I haven’t actually physically seen the jacket. Just through pictures (I got it shipped to my hometown so I could get it when I go home for the holidays). I also wanted darker shearling and (Magnoli can correct me if I’m wrong) what’s seen here is the distressed shearling done with shoe polish. I’ll probably have pictures of me wearing it next week!

I think it’s worth saying that this is most I’ve spent on a single costume/clothing piece. With that in mind I was very picky and specific for how I wanted this to turn out. I also wanted it to not just look the part but function as an everyday coat as well. That said, I absolutely love it. The color is exactly what I wanted and same with the fur. My family member who has it (and works in fashion) said it’s extremely well-made. So as far as I’m concerned (pending the fit of course) this coat is worth every penny. Magnoli was also great at communicating and answering all my questions along with the turnaround time. I ordered with rush shipping and it arrived in a little over 2 weeks! Very pleased with how this turned out.

84832B6E-B237-40D7-BBF4-38F50EE65760.jpegC4B208BB-7CA6-4604-9C53-477B19CE748B.jpeg859926F9-DB60-46CE-99D1-7D3C84A31816.jpeg6E728E9E-90AB-4162-9C84-0B8625948462.jpegE0A47AB5-4B0D-4C87-A085-1A8BD450B85F.jpegAF679161-30C2-430D-A547-5857B24DCBCC.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it’s worth saying that this is most I’ve spent on a single costume/clothing piece. With that in mind I was very picky and specific for how I wanted this to turn out. I also wanted it to not just look the part but function as an everyday coat as well. That said, I absolutely love it. The color is exactly what I wanted and same with the fur. My family member who has it (and works in fashion) said it’s extremely well-made. So as far as I’m concerned (pending the fit of course) this coat is worth every penny. Magnoli was also great at communicating and answering all my questions along with the turnaround time. I ordered with rush shipping and it arrived in a little over 2 weeks! Very pleased with how this turned out.

Wow, thanks for sharing those photos, it looks great! Definitely loving the look of the black waxed cotton, which is also the option I selected. That’s awesome it arrived so quickly, I’m jealous! I put a rush on my order as well, placed it back in early October. Very excited for it to arrive!

Hi guys. I had to create an account for the site based on this thread alone! I've been scouring the internet for a decent replica of the jacket ever since I seen the film. I've been looking at WSL but I'm wondering if I'm priced out. I've been trying to work it out but there seems to be a few variables. Have any of you bought from WSL in the UK? I'm trying to work out a definite price but am having some troubles. Any of you from either US or UK have to pay VAT on top as well as shipping? Are any of you comfortable in advising how much it cost altogether from WSL? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys. I had to create an account for the site based on this thread alone! I've been scouring the internet for a decent replica of the jacket ever since I seen the film. I've been looking at WSL but I'm wondering if I'm priced out. I've been trying to work it out but there seems to be a few variables. Have any of you bought from WSL in the UK? I'm trying to work out a definite price but am having some troubles. Any of you from either US or UK have to pay VAT on top as well as shipping? Are any of you comfortable in advising how much it cost altogether from WSL? any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the UK. I ordered the coat with the custom fit option (an extra $20) which came to $199. The shipping was $48.80, which came as an air parcel through Skynet. There were no additional taxes at the point of origin. It took about 2 weeks from the initial order to the coat being shipped, and about 4 days shipping. There was no VAT or import duty applied at the UK end, mainly due to 'creative' completion of the shipping documentation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back