Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I was trying to take mental pictures of the holster. Completely custom of course but I know I have seen the rubber material before. It also had a weird silver band to keep it in place. Hopefully we get some good shots of it.

I got the Chance to study the coat today. Looks like it runs on a hook and eye system on the main body
9049F5AB-2293-4B8A-80FB-EF94AF4D2183.jpeg9C680C8B-1E4B-4655-BC3B-1E4ECFA0B0A8.jpeg. I will post my pics later in better connection
461FBFE0-17D3-46C2-897B-FF3B09671BE6.jpeg

I’m (was) hoping to do Officer K for Halloween and later for cons myself. I have older boots of my own that aren’t screen accurate but those I can get later. The sweater I have from H&M as many of you do. I have make up to do the battle damage. The only thing I don’t have is the coat. Indy Magnoli does an amazing version judging from the pictures, however even as a doctor, I don’t have the cash to spare 500$ for a glorified costume (I have nothing that valuable in my wardrobe). The other versions are mostly from leather which I could live with but they are black and the collar and fur is all wrong. I’d rather have it in cotton and green with brown shearling collar... I might be able to sew it myself but there are no patterns on how to and nobody does an affordable version the right colour and material. Totally sucks. Oh and I’m not Ryan Gosling and I live in Europe so everything costs a LOT more than in the US. Great work on identifying the items and I really liked the look of the film, totally items that I could wear in real life if similar items were widely available. Great film in other aspects as well, and I will be following the thread closely on your progress guys!

I think he might switch pants at some point, in the end and in your first picture they look gray. But when he visits Wallace corp and some other points of the movie they look like a brownish color.

Hmm, i wonder if it's an inadvertent costume goof or it's intentional?

Either way it gives a couple of options for the pants. I was deliberating either doing K from the front end of the movie (2049 blaster) or from the end (the PKD). Now i have to find pants to match :D

Anyone figured out much about his holster? It looks like some sort of leather shoulder rig, but with a custom holster for the gun, made of metal bars or something?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Anyone figured out much about his holster? It looks like some sort of leather shoulder rig, but with a custom holster for the gun, made of metal bars or something?

I was under the impression this was the holster in these images?

DSCN8700.jpgblade_gallery2.jpg

Pants pics I took today they are brown green to my eyes, are they waxed?

Were all of those the same pants taken at the same time? They look completely different color from front and then side.

I think this is where the confusion might be. They're a very dark olive drab, almost like the coat, and they look very different under different lighting.

The holster had a retaining band that was silver or white but I dont see it in those pictures. I agree its that it appears to be part neoprene

Were all of those the same pants taken at the same time? They look completely different color from front and then side.

I think this is where the confusion might be. They're a very dark olive drab, almost like the coat, and they look very different under different lighting.

My guess is they look different b/c of differences in the white balance of the photos.
Lots of cameras will adjust this automatically in response to ambient light & focus. It's why the floor looks whiter in the first pair of pics & more cream colored in the second pair.

So... we're thinking olive drab, then?

I'd really like to know what the design/letters are on that jacket. Its almost like a symbol in the scene towards the end.

Pants pics I took today they are brown green to my eyes, are they waxed?

I wax a lot of my everyday clothes and jackets and if the circled area isn't a reflection or glare, this could be good sign of the pants being waxed.
IMG_7138.JPG
Also, the other leg has small "pinches" in the fabric that are also good indicators of waxed cotton/canvas. Lastly the way the pant leg stacks on the boot looks heavy then average cotton/canvas/twill. I think they are waxed

Buuuut, that's just me. Like I said, I wax a lot of my clothes so im always in favor of that look, lol.

as for color, I'm not sure. Some pictures look olive drab, some a tobacco color, and the action figure has a Indiana Jones taupe color.

If the pants are waxed and using a beeswax, it'll darken fabric. So...yeah...

Last edited:
When I was looking into a 11th doctor costume, someone mentioned that the pants were waxed. That was the first time I had heard of that but I'm hearing about it more often. What is the purpose? Does the wax come off? Like could you ruin furniture if you sat down in waxed pants? Just curious.

When I was looking into a 11th doctor costume, someone mentioned that the pants were waxed. That was the first time I had heard of that but I'm hearing about it more often. What is the purpose? Does the wax come off? Like could you ruin furniture if you sat down in waxed pants? Just curious.

Purpose more than anything is the wax provides a layer that's one, water resistant and two adds durability.

it will wear off over time. Im sure you already know but what you do Is wax the fabric with a wax bar, then melt the wax into the fabric with a blow dryer or heat gun. Then build your layers of wax till' you're satisfied.

so, its in the fabric but will wear out. I've had to rewax a canvas jacket about twice in like 5 years. Maybe more. Shouldn't damage any furniture and if you keep the wax all natural it's very easy to clean.

here is a waxed jacket with only the shoulders waxed. You can see how much it'll darken with a 90:10 beeswax/soy wax mix
IMG_7139.JPG

if the pants are waxed, I my guess is they went light on the beeswax as not darken them too much.

I have waxed olive fabric that's way dark because of my ratio. But this is all just my opinion.

The holster had a retaining band that was silver or white but I dont see it in those pictures. I agree its that it appears to be part neoprene
Ah, I think the retaining band may be metal then, and the rest is neoprene? Hopefully someone will do a run of these one day.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back