Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

You might want to checking if your ok with the color of the lettering on the back with the WSL darker grey. On examples I saw the lettering was very prominent (lighter lettering). Is the main reason I went with the green. Could always go with the option of no lettering on back

You might want to checking if your ok with the color of the lettering on the back with the WSL darker grey. On examples I saw the lettering was very prominent (lighter lettering). Is the main reason I went with the green. Could always go with the option of no lettering on back
Right, I'm planning on just having them match the colour of the fabric for the lettering. Nice and subtle.

So I ordered a coat from White Sheep Leather last week (Dec 7th). I ordered a custom sized ($20) waxed ($50) standard green color jacket with writing (total= 180+20+50+ 40shipping). Judging from this thread customers have been satisfied and at $290 I hope I can say the same from my experience. There are a few modifications I want done on my coat however.

***On Dec. 9th (2 days after ordering/paying) I sent in my measurements and addressed my concerns regarding my coat which are as follows:
- A wider face guard (a problem WSL told me has been corrected, in previous photos there was practically no space between the collar and the wearer's face)
- almost unnoticeable letters (it seems they're screen printing the letters so I want them to simply give off a slight shimmer and be the same color as the coat)
- A darker shade of green (on-screen the coat is noticeably darker. If WSL can't accommodate I will switch to black. WSL said they'd let me know asap if they can use a darker green)
- faux fur lining? (the fur lining isn't bad but obviously not screen accurate; they used fake shearling in the film. WSL said they would send me pictures of other fur options asap)

***CMY Key I see they got back to you regarding the color options, the one on the right seems borderline black (maybe it is black?). Maybe the photo isn't that true to color, I'll be waiting to see what they show me.

Mmmm. Interesting nexusplexus your comment about the fur. I have the same feeling. I don't understand exactly the part of the wider face guard?

So I ordered a coat from White Sheep Leather last week (Dec 7th). I ordered a custom sized ($20) waxed ($50) standard green color jacket with writing (total= 180+20+50+ 40shipping). Judging from this thread customers have been satisfied and at $290 I hope I can say the same from my experience. There are a few modifications I want done on my coat however.

***On Dec. 9th (2 days after ordering/paying) I sent in my measurements and addressed my concerns regarding my coat which are as follows:
- A wider face guard (a problem WSL told me has been corrected, in previous photos there was practically no space between the collar and the wearer's face)
- almost unnoticeable letters (it seems they're screen printing the letters so I want them to simply give off a slight shimmer and be the same color as the coat)
- A darker shade of green (on-screen the coat is noticeably darker. If WSL can't accommodate I will switch to black. WSL said they'd let me know asap if they can use a darker green)
- faux fur lining? (the fur lining isn't bad but obviously not screen accurate; they used fake shearling in the film. WSL said they would send me pictures of other fur options asap)

***CMY Key I see they got back to you regarding the color options, the one on the right seems borderline black (maybe it is black?). Maybe the photo isn't that true to color, I'll be waiting to see what they show me.
I ask them right now the issues with the collar and the fur.

It's tough to tell from a cell phone photo. Different environments, lighting, etc. Even some of the photos from this thread of the same jacket seem to all be different colours... so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they give you a different photo of the darker green, post it here for comparison.

I agree on the fur. If they have a better fur option, post it here, because I wouldn't mind getting something more accurate as well.

They Just told me and quote "You have seen the color. That is what we have to offer"
This regardling with the fur.

Last edited:
WSL 2049 collar jacket.PNG

@ONRX Drumani Here's an example. You'll notice on the left (WSL coat) when the collar is up it wraps too tightly around the wearers entire head. The picture of the film on the right shows that there should be a bit of space around the wearer's head and the collar.

WSL 2049 collar jacket.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough to tell from a cell phone photo. Different environments, lighting, etc. Even some of the photos from this thread of the same jacket seem to all be different colours... so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they give you a different photo of the darker green, post it here for comparison.

I agree on the fur. If they have a better fur option, post it here, because I wouldn't mind getting something more accurate as well.

So WSL got back to me today and sent me the same photo they did to you. I agree it's probably the lighting so I gave them the green light for their darker green.

View attachment 780135

@ONRX Drumani Here's an example. You'll notice on the left (WSL coat) when the collar is up it wraps too tightly around the wearers entire head. The picture of the film on the right shows that there should be a bit of space around the wearer's head and the collar.
As Ive stated before, this was due to inaccurate measurements.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

So WSL got back to me today and sent me the same photo they did to you. I agree it's probably the lighting so I gave them the green light for their darker green.

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=780034&d=1513276660

If their darker green is this. My advice is go for it. I wanted that colour but they show me the charcoal (the one from my picture) and I went for it. I told them about I wanted somthing between green and dark or grey. But We did'nt understand eac other. This is the problem in doing business by mail. Now I see your darker green and when i'll have my coat allways will be wandering "What if the other color was better?"

So WSL has updated me some more regarding my concerns I decided to go with the darker green and they assured me the lettering would be dark green as well (I prefer this level of subtly for regular use)

This is their "other further option" which is faux shearling. They said they would make it dark brown to match the film.

received_888371281340569.jpeg

So WSL has updated me some more regarding my concerns I decided to go with the darker green and they assured me the lettering would be dark green as well (I prefer this level of subtly for regular use)

This is their "other further option" which is faux shearling. They said they would make it dark brown to match the film.

View attachment 780191
Yeah I think the faux shearling is the right choice if you're going for screen accuracy. I'll probably opt for that as well. Thanks for posting

Here's another photo of the dark green fabric, next to the fur they normally use. Doesn't look as black in this photo.

25436468_889226044588426_1720879382_n.jpg

I’ve been following this thread for a while and finally have .02 to contribute. I received my WSL coat a couple of weeks back. I made no special requests, just added the wax option. Standard green, standard size. It’s true to size at the shoulder but a little tight at the hips. It would be worth the extra money to get it custom fit. Overall, very happy with it!
38215704105_51cb3b77e0.jpg
wsl1

It would make it very water resistant and you have your choice of finishes, gloss, satin or matte. Based on my experience with this stuff, im betting on the satin as it gives it a slight sheen. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is what they used to treat the coats in the movie. Fabric arts people and clothing designers work with this stuff all the time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back