Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Dammit! Now I'm really afraid. Mine arrives this week and with the issues with the collar, the face guard and Now the magnets and the coat is thin. I'm very disapointed and I lost all the excitement. The worst is that I don't think they acept return.
I should have chosen zlurpo's. Te money is almost the same.
Big mistake, I'm afraid. I'm sad.

I'm skeptical about it too man. I was never expecting the coat to be perfect but at this price ($290) I think it's fair to be critical at least on the major details. Look at what jkidd2099 managed to do with $30. I found their webpage for returns https://whitesheepleather.com/product-return. I remember reading only non-custom items can be returned, but I could be wrong. Chances are you will have to pay return shipping. Don't jump to conclusions too quick you might have a different opinion once you get your coat, give it a chance because you will probably like it.

Hi, I've been following this thread from the beginning and it's time to write my first post.

I've ordered the WSL coat on Nov 30th and it came yesterday. Normally my size is in between Medium and Large , so after checking the charts they had on their website and taking measurements I went with size L. Unfortunately I have the same problem as pheyos - the coat is true to its size at the shoulder but too tight at the hips (the bottom magnet is useless), plus - it's way too tight around the arms, the arm length is fine though. Also the face guard is right up against the face. The lapel which is flipped inside sits also too tight against the neck. The lapel-magnet is useless and not strong enough. Again, as pheyos said: you definitely want to go with custom fitting.

Aside from the size, the coat is too thin and light in my opinion. I've already had suspicions when I received the small and light parcel. The materials and colors are okay and I like the fur even if it's not screen accurate, but the coat needs to be better lined.

Thanks LuckyTh1rte3n for the heads up, does your coat have the diamond quilted polyester lining? I know when they first started making the coats it had no lining at all. I asked for a thicker option and they said the entire lining could be fur for an extra $50 (no thanks). I agree, the coat should have some weight to it and not be too thin. I will say WSL has been responsive to multiple concerns I have addressed to them and I chose custom sizing so I have high hopes for this coat.

Last edited:
Thanks LuckyTh1rte3n for the heads up, does your coat have the diamond quilted polyester lining? I know when they first started making the coats it had no lining at all. I asked for a thicker option and they said the entire lining could be fur for an extra $50. I agree, the coat should have some weight to it and not be too thin. I will say WSL has been responsive to multiple concerns I have addressed to them and I chose custom sizing so I have high hopes for this coat.
To echo this, my experience with them regarding requests has been extremely positive. For future reference to anyone reading through this thread and considering the WSL coat, don't be afraid to make extra requests. They've been quite accommodating. I've made a number of requests to make it more "screen-accurate" (in my eyes), and while I haven't seen the coat yet, I'm pretty optimistic. But we shall see.

Thanks LuckyTh1rte3n for the heads up, does your coat have the diamond quilted polyester lining? I know when they first started making the coats it had no lining at all. I asked for a thicker option and they said the entire lining could be fur for an extra $50 (no thanks). I agree, the coat should have some weight to it and not be too thin. I will say WSL has been responsive to multiple concerns I have addressed to them and I chose custom sizing so I have high hopes for this coat.
Not directed at me, but I think I can help. :D Here's the inside of the coat I have. wsl4

Their coats always had lining. I was the first to ever order and mine had lining, it just wasn't diamond quilting since we didn't have good enough reference photos at the time.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Dammit! Now I'm really afraid. Mine arrives this week and with the issues with the collar, the face guard and Now the magnets and the coat is thin. I'm very disapointed and I lost all the excitement. The worst is that I don't think they acept return.
I should have chosen zlurpo's. Te money is almost the same.
Big mistake, I'm afraid. I'm sad.
You won't be disappointed, trust me! Especially with the changes they've been making. I've honestly never heard of people having an issue with any of their custom stuff, especially since this was the third time I've ordered from them haha.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Thank you all fellas for your encourage words. I mean it. I had a bad moment there. Sometimes you are going thru a rough period and you turn your hope in something else.
I just wanted to be cool. But let's wait.
Thank you kindly.

Magnoli coat came in. It looks more vibrant in some of the photos than it really is.

Overall, the coat is heavy, comfortable, perfectly tailored, and well worth the money.

First is an overall look at the jacket.
IMG_0271.jpg
Here you can see where two magnets in the collar keep the collar standing up properly.
IMG_0284.jpg
Here is the jacket with the collar up.
IMG_0282.jpg
A look at the fit from the back.
IMG_0281.jpgIMG_0280.jpg
A look at the text in natural light.
IMG_0275.jpg
The four stitches are heavy duty.
IMG_0274.jpg
This is how the closure lines up. The magnets do most of the work. In fact, the hook and loop are kind of moot once those magnets find each other.
IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
Here you can see how foldy the collar is. Also, one of my worries was that the lapels were too narrow, but you can kind of tell that they flare out when worn open.
IMG_E0269.jpg

If there is anything else you would like to see, let me know. It was a little tricky taking photos I liked without anyone to help.

fa9dd0c408a712fa40795ce48a2e1889.jpg

...still can’t wrap my head around the color! Looks great though! It’s almost “O Brother Where Art Thou” level grading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say, even in person, the color looks vastly different in different lights. It is one of those color/material combinations that vexes.

Here’s an idea for the coat finish:
I used to work with Liquitex acrylic polymer varnishes on cloth and canvas materials in art school. You can dilute it down with water and it soaks in well in the right ratio into fabric and remains flexible.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/...MI34bAvMSQ2AIVD51-Ch2wnAOOEAQYAiABEgLruvD_BwE

Hi, I want to ask you. I was thinking in wax the coat with otter wax. It is possible to wax It and then use liquitex, or with liquitex is enough? My idea is give the coat that leatherish look with the wax and then give It a litle shine with the liquitex. But dunno if the wax Will not absorv the layer of liquitex shine.

Hi, I want to ask you. I was thinking in wax the coat with otter wax. It is possible to wax It and then use liquitex, or with liquitex is enough? My idea is give the coat that leatherish look with the wax and then give It a litle shine with the liquitex. But dunno if the wax Will not absorv the layer of liquitex shine.

I doubt it would take over wax. Mine is waxed, I'll post pics when I can. It looks good waxed, worth the time & effort. Also adds weight & structure to the coat & makes it feel more substantial.

Liquitex won’t work over a waxed finish as it’s a water-based acrylic. I’m going to go to a fabric store this weekend and see if I can’t find a green color in which to try this on. I’m curious on the color change on such a dark color. That I’ve never tried before. It may darken it substantially, much like it would look when wet with water. That may be it’s failing. We will see. Stay tuned.

I have seen some videos of waxing with barbour wax and te finished looks pretty cool. Is one interesting option, but can be a litle tricky in an coat finished. The wax can go thru The fabric and spoil The internal fur.
The finished is quite similar to leather.
I think I go for it.

Keep me posted with the liquitex because I think is easyer to aply.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back