Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Really interested to see the outcome of this out of curiosity, although even if i'd waited, $700-800 as a ballpark figure is way out of my price range for a replica costume piece.

I was also under the impression that the jacket was heavily modified by the costume team after it was delivered (painted to change the color then laminated) so who knows what it originally looked like? I'm curious will they replicate the coat as it was delivered to the set or as it's seen in the final film? Or if they will do as many companies do and 'adapt' the design to make it more consumer friendly.

Please keep us updated.

The costume department also added the fur at Ryan Gosling’s request, so it likely won’t be on the matchless one either.

I just came across these images with a familiar looking design from the SDCC Blade Runner exhibit. I don't know if it lends any more of an idea as to what the writing means, but it does show another angle. The part on the left looks like "H2O" written upside down.

img_3257.jpg img_3267.jpg

https://nyc.epeak.in/2017/07/20/comic-con-gallery-enter-the-sdcc-blade-runner-2049-experience/

I think it definitely is.

Can really see the painting across the whole surface there too, guess they did that to a lot of the clothing.

Anibody watching Netflix Altered Carbon? Joel Kinnaman wears an awesome coat. The series look is very very Blade Runner -ish. The Kinnaman's outfit deserves his own thread.

Last edited:
Considering he wears a shoulder holster, does this mean he tucks his jumper into his pants? Seems like an odd look but not tucking and having the jumper riding up due to the suspender clips seems even odder.

No there’s no tuck. It just rides up. I used to carry in the same style holster (K’s gun was much cooler than mine). It just rides up a bit on the side.

Another view. This image take from the Designing BladeRunner 2049 featurette.

Dsn BR2049 Short - Coat Print.jpg
I just came across these images with a familiar looking design from the SDCC Blade Runner exhibit. I don't know if it lends any more of an idea as to what the writing means, but it does show another angle. The part on the left looks like "H2O" written upside down.

View attachment 794588 View attachment 794589

https://nyc.epeak.in/2017/07/20/comic-con-gallery-enter-the-sdcc-blade-runner-2049-experience/

Another view. This image take from the Designing Blade Runner 2049 featurette.

View attachment 796783

View attachment 794588 View attachment 794589

I'm pretty confident that the boots he wears are the 8" version, not the 6". You can see here, the boot is quite a bit taller:

vlcsnap-2018-02-20-23h47m40s277.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back