Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I've been looking a bit at different Pantone shades and values, trying to find a few candidates that might work as a "close" match.

Looking at the "Fashion" section (second block of color samples) of this chart: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder?q=#50554C The tones I think would be pretty good are:

Bronze Green
Climbing Ivy
Thyme
Beetle
Rifle Green

My favorite is probably Rifle Green but several of them seem to be close matches. Any fabric chosen should probably not have more color saturation than these IF one is going for a prop-accurate look. Some images even suggest that the Grape Leaf and Deep Depths swatches are more accurate. (Note: Obviously, different monitors are going to look different, but since I do a lot of visual work I try to have my monitor set fairly neutral.)

I took some more photos of my Officer K set up since it was pretty sunny out! I haven't been able to find any Blade Runner style settings to take some more fitting photos, but I'm still searching! It's currently 40 degrees here and the jacket does an amazing job of keeping me warm during these shoots. Really happy with how this is turning out. I've decided that I'm just going to stay using the combat boots I already have as they fit the part pretty well. All I need now is to find a suitable holster and harness.
5.jpgblade runner 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

blade runner 1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not yet convinced we’ve nailed how the “face guard” meets with the jacket....comparing harrypotterfan‘s post to the poster, it seems like we’re missing a little flap

6af796ae4d077b217ce94f3a4bd14edf.jpg
ad69de569e701b1906b82dc54a4cd0bf.jpg
c4f21cce1a384a5d39db7e77faba3fa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not yet convinced we’ve nailed how the “face guard” meets with the jacket....comparing harrypotterfan‘s post to the poster, it seems like we’re missing a little flap

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/6af796ae4d077b217ce94f3a4bd14edf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/ad69de569e701b1906b82dc54a4cd0bf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/c4f21cce1a384a5d39db7e77faba3fa6.jpg

The jacket actually has that flap, the angle just makes it look like its all connected. Lemme take a pic

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/6af796ae4d077b217ce94f3a4bd14edf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/ad69de569e701b1906b82dc54a4cd0bf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/c4f21cce1a384a5d39db7e77faba3fa6.jpg

Took a super quick photo before leaving for class. Unfortunately I gave an estimated measurement for around my face and the face guard is a bit tighter than it should be, but this thing actually serves some amazing function for saving your face from wind chill!
28a1545c69622d25f76a799d0b84f7d0.jpg

It seems that some pics were posted showing the real costume. The problem with those pics (and the people who've put the display together) is that K's pants are sitting on top of his boots but simply falling normally around the "tube" part and with just one roll of the cuff on top of the boot.;) The way it's worn by fans, lately, looks like an "army look".:behave

The jacket actually has that flap, the angle just makes it look like its all connected. Lemme take a pic

I'm really deliberating ordering one (being cautiously hesitant). I sent them a message a couple days back to discuss sizing etc.

Any other details you would ask them to adjust, if any, that I might look out for?

Last edited:
I'm really deliberating ordering one (being cautiously hesitant). I sent them a message a couple days back to discuss sizing etc.

Any other details you would ask them to adjust, if any, that I might look out for?
I would definitely ask for a thicker lining with the screen accurate diamond pattern for one, and if you're really wanting accuracy ask for them to remove the padding from the shoulders. Other than that, everything seems to be perfect. Like I said in a previous pic, the reason the writing on the back is so prominent is because the only reference I had was the action figure and I didn't elaborate all that well. They could probably paint it in a faded color for you.

It seems that some pics were posted showing the real costume. The problem with those pics (and the people who've put the display together) is that K's pants are sitting on top of his boots but simply falling normally around the "tube" part and with just one roll of the cuff on top of the boot.;) The way it's worn by fans, lately, looks like an "army look".:behave
I personally roll the bottom of mine up because the style of the pants are "slim-fit" and dont want to lay on the boot correctly.

I would definitely ask for a thicker lining with the screen accurate diamond pattern for one, and if you're really wanting accuracy ask for them to remove the padding from the shoulders. Other than that, everything seems to be perfect. Like I said in a previous pic, the reason the writing on the back is so prominent is because the only reference I had was the action figure and I didn't elaborate all that well. They could probably paint it in a faded color for you.

Awesome, thankyou. Liner and lettering. That's reassured me and I think I might take the plunge.

I'll be keeping the shoulder pads though. I quite like the look (i'm convinced they're padded in the film) and it might sit better since I don't exactly have the physique of Gosling :D

Is there a decent picture of the diamond liner somewhere?

I was under the impression this was the holster in these images?

View attachment 765609View attachment 765610

From these pictures and the one of Gosling and Villeneuve in his apartment where the suspender strap is visible clipped onto his waistband, would it be fair to say the holder works in a similar way to a Galco Executive shoulder holster form Brosnan-era Bond?
ga033-galco-executive.jpg
Or the Mitch Rosen Executive Special style?
ESP.jpg
https://mitchrosen.com/products/holsters/shoulder-holsters/

Regarding the frame, in the large version of the second picture it looks to be made up from at least 5 parts - there's a flat plate at the end that the strap attaches to that has an aperture for the 2 muzzle tips to fit into. Screwed or riveted into that are 2 curved cups that fit round the grilled barrel shroud. Attached to these appear to be 2 plates that run either side od the gun frame (with foam pads on the inside to grip & protect the blaster) and these are connected together with screws into a threaded spacer at the hammer end. There is also a fabric or faux leather 'sling' that cradles the trigger guard and holds the gun in place (the sling also appears to have some white fleece-like material on the inside to protect the finish of the gun too).

The flat plate at the muzzle end appears to be painted aluminium, but the 2 'cups' that grip the shroud and the side plates look like they are 3D printed plastic (or possibly machined nylon or delrin?)

I've been looking at the shoulder holsters available for phones and tablets and I'm wondering if one of those plus a pair of braces/suspenders could be used as a basis to replicate the harness?

Last edited:
From these pictures and the one of Gosling and Villeneuve in his apartment where the suspender strap is visible clipped onto his waistband, would it be fair to say the holder works in a similar way to a Galco Executive shoulder holster form Brosnan-era Bond?
View attachment 770469
Or the Mitch Rosen Executive Special style?
View attachment 770471
https://mitchrosen.com/products/holsters/shoulder-holsters/

Regarding the frame, in the large version of the second picture it looks to be made up from at least 5 parts - there's a flat plate at the end that the strap attaches to that has an aperture for the 2 muzzle tips to fit into. Screwed or riveted into that are 2 curved cups that fit round the grilled barrel shroud. Attached to these appear to be 2 plates that run either side od the gun frame (with foam pads on the inside to grip & protect the blaster) and these are connected together with screws into a threaded spacer at the hammer end. There is also a fabric or faux leather 'sling' that cradles the trigger guard and holds the gun in place (the sling also appears to have some white fleece-like material on the inside to protect the finish of the gun too).

The flat plate at the muzzle end appears to be painted aluminium, but the 2 'cups' that grip the shroud and the side plates look like they are 3D printed plastic (or possibly machined nylon or delrin?)

I've been looking at the shoulder holsters available for phones and tablets and I'm wondering if one of those plus a pair of braces/suspenders could be used as a basis to replicate the harness?

I'm beginning to think you're right and the suspender strap is only on his left side.

What we really need is more pictures of the holster rig.

I'm beginning to think you're right and the suspender strap is only on his left side.

What we really need is more pictures of the holster rig.

Agreed. I remember seeing more of a carbon fiber or cross-hatch type pattern during the scenes where K was in Madam’s office without his coat on. I’ll try to dig up some pics

Agreed. I remember seeing more of a carbon fiber or cross-hatch type pattern during the scenes where K was in Madam’s office without his coat on. I’ll try to dig up some pics

I should amend that to his right (our left) to avoid confusion :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back