Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

This thread reminds me why I love this forum! I have a Zlurpo on the way. I'm using Cross Hatch Black Label for the jumper (I got both charcoal and navy). I'm sorry if it's been answered but what are you guys using for the pants? I have similar ones before the film came out but they're not that olive drab color when cuffed.

Awesome work on the weathering cirrusx1 and everyone else on the continual learning process on waxing. Very excited to do the same with mine!

This thread reminds me why I love this forum! I have a Zlurpo on the way. I'm using Cross Hatch Black Label for the jumper (I got both charcoal and navy). I'm sorry if it's been answered but what are you guys using for the pants? I have similar ones before the film came out but they're not that olive drab color when cuffed.

Awesome work on the weathering cirrusx1 and everyone else on the continual learning process on waxing. Very excited to do the same with mine!

I meant to post about the pants earlier, thanks for the reminder. I'm using these pants from the Gap in "Ripe Olive" I ordered slim fit and 2 inches longer than normal so it would fit tightly around the boot when cuffed. The online pics make it look really green, but I took the below pics in different light shades with a Phillips Hue and you can see how the color changes with the different light shades, much like it seems to do in the movie.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1077927&pcid=80799&vid=1&pid=844062092

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

Hey guys, figured I'd share the pants I've been using as well. They're a considerably slim fit, but with my build (6'6 and 180 pounds) they look great and fit similar to how K's appear to. They're 98% cotton and 2% elastane, so they do loosen up with wear. Color is decently accurate too, they're dark brown (or turkish coffee) but under certain lighting the color shifts to more of a greenish or olive hue. I love them so much I bought two pair. They're pretty much sold out of all sizes right now, but ASOS does restock from time to time. One more thing, these run a bit big in the waist. Typically I wear a 34, but the 34s I first ordered were way too large. Exchanged them for a size 32 and they fit perfectly.

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-skinny-chinos-in-brown/prd/3924470

asos.png

Oh, also, if you're concerned the "skinny" chinos I posted above might be a bit too slim for you (not everyone has the legs of a stick insect like I do) here's a link to the "slim" chinos. They're exactly the same, just cut with a bit more room in the legs.

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-slim-chinos-in-brown/prd/5349509

asos2.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, figured I'd share the pants I've been using as well. They're a considerably slim fit, but with my build (6'6 and 180 pounds) they look great and fit similar to how K's appear to. They're 98% cotton and 2% elastane, so they do loosen up with wear. Color is decently accurate too, they're dark brown (or turkish coffee) but under certain lighting the color shifts to more of a greenish or olive hue. I love them so much I bought two pair. They're pretty much sold out of all sizes right now, but ASOS does restock from time to time. One more thing, these run a bit big in the waist. Typically I wear a 34, but the 34s I first ordered were way too large. Exchanged them for a size 32 and they fit perfectly.

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-skinny-chinos-in-brown/prd/3924470

View attachment 804158

They certainly look the right color in your picture, but I've just found this image:

Untitled.png

And they look very much grey/green.

I'm deliberating trusting your judgment and taking the gamble, but then I've already purchased two other pairs that looked brown online and turned up green :(

Twice bitten, thrice shy? :D

Last edited:
They certainly look the right color in your picture, but I've just found this image:

View attachment 804240

And they look very much grey/green.

I'm deliberating trusting your judgment and taking the gamble, but then I've already purchased two other pairs that looked brown online and turned up green :(

Twice bitten, thrice shy? :D

That right there is actually a shot of their grey chinos. ASOS offers several different colors, black, brown, green, grey, navy, etc, etc. I also own a grey pair as well as a green pair, I liked the way the brown chinos fit me so much I bought some additional colors to wear to work. I *promise* you the brown chinos I linked are very much dark brown, and the correct color. Besides, if it turns out you don’t like the pants, ASOS offers free returns on all their products, they even include a pre-paid shipping label. :)

That right there is actually a shot of their grey chinos. ASOS offers several different colors, black, brown, green, grey, navy, etc, etc. I also own a grey pair as well as a green pair, I liked the way the brown chinos fit me so much I bought some additional colors to wear to work. I *promise* you the brown chinos I linked are very much dark brown, and the correct color. Besides, if it turns out you don’t like the pants, ASOS offers free returns on all their products, they even include a pre-paid shipping label. :)

Haha. My doubts have been diminished. This pic was actually off an ebay listing where they've no doubt listed the wrong color. I've ordered :D And took your advice and went a waist size down. Thankyou sir.

I picked up a pair of All Saints chinos that fit the bill. When I spotted them in the store, they had all the correct details, and the color was a nice mix of chocolate brown with a hint of olive green. The color is listed as "military green" but it's much more brown in person. They have a nice slim fit without being skinny as well. Here's a link to them in case anyone is interested -

https://www.us.allsaints.com/men/pants/allsaints-park-chino/?colour=379&category=312

Y9tp9Do.jpg

Craig

Got my Zlurpo coat and it’s great! Fabulous quality!!
So, here’s what I did to mine to make it more like the screen used version. I washed it, without soap and tumble dried it. I did this because my sleeves were a bit long and I was hoping they would shrink a bit (they did) and… just to give it a more worn in look. Then I dyed the fur using the alcohol ink method. Brushed on, not sprayed. Then I committed to the Liquitex satin finish coating right over the existing canvas color as it was dead on and the painting intimidated me too much. Worked great! It’s a bit stiff but i like it as the coat collar has body now and stays in place.. then to age it… after it dried for a few days…I threw and rubbed concrete mix right on the coat and aggressively rubbed it in and brushed the excess off. I’m pretty impressed with the results.
see photos below:
View attachment 801679View attachment 801680View attachment 801681View attachment 801682

Looks great, very accurate. Personally I don't plan on distressing my coat but i'm contemplating adding a liquitex finish, do you happen to have any photos of your coat before you distressed it with concrete mix? if so, sharing would be much appreciated.

ONRX, I can probably to backtrack this thread to find the answers, but is that a Zlurpo coat? Did you dye the fur yourself? And, why didn't they charge you to wax it?
This is the White sheep leather's. The fur was cuted with a hair cutter and aplied with a brush a litle bit of black polish shoe and then wax to weather it and make the "hairs" more caked.
They did'nt charged me because when we talked in the phone I asked for the gloss finished. When the received the coat and they saw the thread they told me that the gloss was imposible but they were going to wax it. If I was unhappy once I see the coat they simply remove the wax and thatis it. I try to paid because I was feeling odd but they did'nt acepeted my money. They are really good people.

I was thinking on grab one of this. What can you tell me about it?

I like it. The color is a true dark navy, because it is a knit the weave comes a little loose after a few wears. Mainly in the elbows l. But that’s expected.

Out of the box it will be pretty form fitting, though. I have noticed it “pills” rather quickly too.

The collar of the jumper is pretty tight. So if you’re looking for somthing with a loose collar like in the Baseline scene you’re going to have to stretch the $@*£ out of it, lol.

overall I really like the knit, I bought it as a “good enough” for the costume and ended up wearing it all the time.

I like it. The color is a true dark navy, because it is a knit the weave comes a little loose after a few wears. Mainly in the elbows l. But that’s expected.

Out of the box it will be pretty form fitting, though. I have noticed it “pills” rather quickly too.

The collar of the jumper is pretty tight. So if you’re looking for somthing with a loose collar like in the Baseline scene you’re going to have to stretch the $@*£ out of it, lol.

overall I really like the knit, I bought it as a “good enough” for the costume and ended up wearing it all the time.
Can you send a link to the sweater so I can pick 1 up also

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry, no mid-application photos of my coat before the concrete addition. I may hose it down, or wear it in the rain and let the stuff wash off. If I do, I’ll post them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back