Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

It's almost certainly the lighting/post-processing/etc that gives it that colour. It's been deduced in the earlier pages of this thread that the sweater is black, but we've yet to identify the exact sweater he wears in the film—that is, if it isn't custom made.

I'm convinced it's the Crosshatch "General" Men's Jumper in black, although this scene could be the Parisian Night (Dark Navy)

https://us.zavvi.com/knitwear-cloth...eral-jumper-parisian-night-navy/11340351.html

I'm convinced it's the Crosshatch "General" Men's Jumper in black, although this scene could be the Parisian Night (Dark Navy)

https://us.zavvi.com/knitwear-cloth...eral-jumper-parisian-night-navy/11340351.html

I ordered the black a few months back and they sent me the navy by mistake.
I think either color are very hard to find now as they were part of a clearance line at the time.

Regardless though, I've bought the crosshatch general in navy blue, charcoal grey, the ninth hall commando black, the superdry la textured black, brave soul kenobi charcoal - none of them are the sweater in the film, not by my eyes anyway. I'm pretty sure those were custom jobs.

I ordered the black a few months back and they sent me the navy by mistake.
I think either color are very hard to find now as they were part of a clearance line at the time.

Regardless though, I've bought the crosshatch general in navy blue, charcoal grey, the ninth hall commando black, the superdry la textured black, brave soul kenobi charcoal - none of them are the sweater in the film, not by my eyes anyway. I'm pretty sure those were custom jobs.

That’s a lot of sweaters. Which one do you think is the closest?

Last edited:
That’s a lot of sweaters. Which one do you think is the closest?

I honestly think the Ninth Hall Commando is closest, but even that isn't 100% the same. Also, the sizes on the NHC are huge - their small is like a UK medium atleast. I'd be happy to settle for that as my 'costume' sweater, but it needs shortening and bringing in a bit around the arms... So I may end up buying yet another different one :D

The planet will be sold out of black knit sweaters by the time we’re through. I just ordered two from a clothing store in New Zealand.

Well I'll be, you are right. I went to check it and got a look at the repair benhs1898 rightly pointed out too.

Confirmation for each of these details, not great shots but I just sortof snapped casually while doing things.

View attachment 784614 View attachment 784615
I did say way back in the thread that the Gaspars didn't have the right type of 'point' - the screen-used ones have 3 straight points in a very slighly angled fan. They also appear to be thinner leather than the Gaspars too. They are very similar to the cheap, thin leather Thinsulate-lined gloves I wear every day in the winter, except mine don't have the V-split on the back of the wrist. They are similar to these ones from amazon
41kqklcGEyL.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Damascus-DLD40-Thinsulate-Leather-Gloves/dp/B00166PW14

I received the Tough Gloves lined version and they are quite thin, like driving gloves, laying somewhat flatter than the picture with the gloves on the table. I like them and will exchange them for a size down (I am a half-size by measurement). They are fine gloves and will do for me now, yet they are not likely to be the exact gloves as in the film. They are a good, affordable patrolman's duty glove, though.

Hey, guys, I should be getting my coat from White Sheep Leather sometime next week and i'll def be putting up photos. I know a couple of you guys ordered your coats in late Nov or early Dec (before i did). Has anyone else gotten their coats yet? Just curious to know how well WSL addressed any custom requests and what other improvements they've made to the coat.

Hey, guys, I should be getting my coat from White Sheep Leather sometime next week and i'll def be putting up photos. I know a couple of you guys ordered your coats in late Nov or early Dec (before i did). Has anyone else gotten their coats yet? Just curious to know how well WSL addressed any custom requests and what other improvements they've made to the coat.
My coat will be shipping out on Monday. I'm waiting on some photos of the completed coat, but in the mean time they sent me some photos of the alternate fur. So far so good. I think both the dark green and the alternate fur are better than what they use by default. Personally, I think the fur could be a little bit darker, but it was too late to make any changes. But, as been proven many times over the course of this thread, photos can be deceiving. I asked for a wider face guard as well, but I'm not sure how that turned out yet.

26553540_900347976809566_221835122_n.jpg26637606_900437060133991_1100687171_n.jpg

My coat will be shipping out on Monday. I'm waiting on some photos of the completed coat, but in the mean time they sent me some photos of the alternate fur. So far so good. I think both the dark green and the alternate fur are better than what they use by default. Personally, I think the fur could be a little bit darker, but it was too late to make any changes. But, as been proven many times over the course of this thread, photos can be deceiving. I asked for a wider face guard as well, but I'm not sure how that turned out yet.

View attachment 785316View attachment 785317

Agh, wish they would’ve had the alternate fur when I ordered! I was able to make the original fur look better by natting it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 785316View attachment 785317

That will look spot on with some grime and boot polish weathering I think.

So my Magnoli coat arrived.... I cannot describe how excited I was unpacking it.

Little description before the pictures, I was going for a wearable (not movie accurate replication).
I asked Magnoli for the following:
Black - waxed cotton
Dark Brown 'fur', like his leather coat (on his website)
subtle lettering on the back

So, it arrived. I couldn't be happier. See for yourselves.

P1020133.jpgP1020142.jpgP1020130.jpg

Will try to post some close-ups later, and if anyone has picture requests, I will try to assist.

Last edited:
So my Magnoli coat arrived.... I cannot describe how excited I was unpacking it.

Little description before the pictures, I was going for a wearable (not movie accurate replication).
I asked Magnoli for the following:
Black - waxed cotton
Dark Brown 'fur', like his leather coat (on his website)
subtle lettering on the back

So, it arrived. I couldn't be happier. See for yourselves.

View attachment 785417View attachment 785418View attachment 785416

Will try to post some close-ups later, and if anyone has picture requests, I will try to assist.

It looks great! Could you show us how big the lapels are?

Beautiful coat!

SECOND that request from MAJSmith!
but could you also maybe show us a shot with the coat worn open but with the right side of the collar (Your right) worn 'standing up' with the assistance of the magnets?

so I got a nice delivery today

Ij1ixkx.jpg

I'm in the patterning stages of my own K coat build, and will be posting a build thread soon-ish once I have the pattern squared away and start work on mockups.

EDIT: thought i'd do a shot with my canvas samples too. I'm doing charcoal grey canvas painted forest green (as per the screen used) and waxing it rather than laminating it (only because I have no resources or knowledge to laminate it...)

49VMf43.jpg

Last edited:
Sweater alteration detail:
I caught this cuff alteration in the sweater. You can see where it’s folded over on itself. So, the investigative questioning would be… why?
I’m making the deduction that this kind of alteration would more likely be done to an existing type sweater rather than a custom made version.
Could it have been a larger size where they custom fitted it to him?

Chime in fellow investigators and see if we can track down the origins of this elusive maker of this sweater.

EFF17B46-FB49-4672-858F-C69BAAED0530.jpegA172EE63-1B53-4A26-B86A-5B28D3B6DBD4.jpeg

That may be true but that’s not what I’m talking about nor what the photo is showing in the frames I took. You can clearly see that the sweater cuff is folded over on itself and sewn together.

Well, Ben pointed us at another existing repair on K's gloves. This could easily be another of those, answers the "why" in the same manner; K is poor, and pours all his disposable income into modifying Joi, so his clothing isn't extravagant or in the best of shape.

I'd imagine it's either that, or an adjustment to encourage the rather tight fit of K's sweaters.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back