Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I wonder if anyone else is like me in that, I’m not a cosplayer - even a little bit. I just like to take elements from cool character designs and work them into my every day attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would argue this is the ultimate cosplay, not "I'm not a cosplayer - even a little bit". To work it into every day attire kinda trumps putting it on for just a con or two...

I like the first H&M shown, but something is pulling at me about how the ribbing and shoulder seams look in the shot of him leaned back on the couch... Almost looks like it's intentionally turned inside out.

I have a question for the group. I apologize if someone covered this already. On the cover of the October issue of WIRED magazine, you see Gosling wearing what I think is a DIFFERENT coat. And I think I like this jacket better (don't judge me!:)) Anyway, am I right? Is this coat different? And if it IS a different coat, what is it called? And where can it be found for purchase? Thanks, guys, for any help you can give me. Wired-USA-October-2017-754x1024.jpg Alan

Yes, that's just for the photo shoot, as well as the props used for that particular article (Steam Punk V.K. for example).:) And Simply Tim: you're onto something about the sweater being upside down;)

A lot of searching, I found a screen accurate design of blade runner 2049 coat. But I don't want to give the link of the product because I will be wearing on this Halloween lolz.
:lol

I have a question for the group. I apologize if someone covered this already. On the cover of the October issue of WIRED magazine, you see Gosling wearing what I think is a DIFFERENT coat. And I think I like this jacket better (don't judge me!:)) Anyway, am I right? Is this coat different? And if it IS a different coat, what is it called? And where can it be found for purchase? Thanks, guys, for any help you can give me. View attachment 763199 Alan

I saw that in an interview with him and Harrison and I got sooo jealous.

I wonder if anyone else is like me in that, I’m not a cosplayer - even a little bit. I just like to take elements from cool character designs and work them into my every day attire.

I am a cosplayer, but I like to do that sort of thing too. One of the main things that influences which characters I choose to cosplay is how many pieces of their outfits I could incorporate into my everyday wardrobe. I'm even toying with the idea of adapting Ryan's coat in the movie into a more toned-down design that I could use as a regular coat.

I am a cosplayer, but I like to do that sort of thing too. One of the main things that influences which characters I choose to cosplay is how many pieces of their outfits I could incorporate into my everyday wardrobe. I'm even toying with the idea of adapting Ryan's coat in the movie into a more toned-down design that I could use as a regular coat.

Same here, man. It’s a bit out-there for a regular coat - how would you tone it down? Shorter?

Nick.

Same here, man. It’s a bit out-there for a regular coat - how would you tone it down? Shorter?

Nick.

The main change would be to shorten it by a couple inches so it came down to about the top of my knees. I'd probably also change the collar to be more symmetrical... I'm not real crazy about the shape of it anyway. I feel like using waxed cotton rather than leather (which would also be easier, cheaper, more accurate, and waterproof) would also make it seem less 'out there'. Adding a front fastener would also help, but I don't know what I'd use.

The main change would be to shorten it by a couple inches so it came down to about the top of my knees. I'd probably also change the collar to be more symmetrical... I'm not real crazy about the shape of it anyway. I feel like using waxed cotton rather than leather (which would also be easier, cheaper, more accurate, and waterproof) would also make it seem less 'out there'. Adding a front fastener would also help, but I don't know what I'd use.

Good ideas - it’s already waxed cotton so you’re in luck there!

I’d square off the cuffs, too.

N.

I'd swear whoever put that display together has been reading this discussion and changed that sweater up to mess with us...

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/style/article/blade-runner-2049-costume-design-fashion-renee-april/index.html

According to this interview, about halfway down they show a picture of Ryan in the coat, captioned "Designed by April" referring to Renee April, the costume designer for the film. Seems it may be a one off after all...

Last edited:
I'd swear whoever put that display together has been reading this discussion and changed that sweater up to mess with us...

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...costume-design-fashion-renee-april/index.html

According to this interview, about halfway down they show a picture of Ryan in the coat, captioned "Designed by April" referring to Renee April, the costume designer for the film. Seems it may be a one off after all...

It was definitely a one off. There was another similar article a few weeks ago about his jacket where they spoke to her (Renee April) and she states as much. See also mentioned that it was Ryan himself that pushed for a 'fur' style collar, as her original design didn't have one. I'll try to find the article.

Edit: Here it is

http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a56621/ryan-gosling-blade-runner-style/

Alright: waxed cotton and painted:) as for the sweater, that's another challenge to find a close knock-off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back