Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Here are the best photos I have found of the shirt, but it really changes look from shot to shot making it hard to pinpoint the design.

2-ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049.jpg
1508529736024-TRI-05445r.jpeg
This one ^^ Looks exactly like a pair of thermal pants I have
landscape-1506608878-blade-runner-2049.jpg

Im not seeing it, I see $13.10 international.

Weird. It definitely said free international shipping when I visited first... My bad. I see it's priced up at the bottom of the page.

I feel your pain. I ordered an item from US ebay a few days back which was $14 and shipping was $19 :(

Who wants to attempt then? How do we go about it?

I think this is her on linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/in/renee-april-53a5aa52/

It shows as a professional profile and details are hidden, but when you search Renee April costume designer, that comes up.

I don't have a professional subscription so...

Details for her agent contact are on IMDb Pro, but i don't have a pro membership on there either.

Can't find her on twitter, which is a shame as it would be the least intrusive way to get in touch. I'm concerned we should try and find a channel that's appropriate (linkedin is a careers site and IMDb is pretty much the same, so neither really are).

If we can figure out a way to contact that's NOT intrusive, I think we should be asking for as much detail as possible about the jumper, trousers and the specifics of the finish on the coat.

Her agent is Claire Best & Associates (she used to be with Marsh Best, but when Claire Best split from Sandra Marsh in 2010, it seems she went with Best).
http://www.clairebest.net/comp.html
They have their client list hidden behind the IMDbPro paywall, but their twitter feed was posting links promoting articles on her costume designs for the film:
https://twitter.com/ClaireBestAssoc/status/917555403734491137

Her agent is Claire Best & Associates (she used to be with Marsh Best, but when Claire Best split from Sandra Marsh in 2010, it seems she went with Best).
They have their client list hidden behind the IMDbPro paywall, but their twitter feed was posting links promoting articles on her costume designs for the film:

Great detective work :cool

Do we think her talent agency is really going to be in a hurry to put any of us in touch with her though? They're paid to make sure only the important people get through. We are only the fans after all.

I know the answer is likely to be 'it's worth a try.'

Very close on the DCs. Maybe just a shade too light, but then that's going by a photo.

I'll check out the Next ones. They don't have them in my local store yet, but I've asked them to notify me when they get them in.

Problem is having to view everything in person. There's too much variation in photographs for any sort of accurate color matching. I've already ordered 3 different jumper/sweaters from various parts of the web and no idea if they're going to be as accurate as they looked in the photos, so I'd rather be patient and make the next pair of pants I purchase the last :D

I've tried a different approach to the colour matching for the trousers by using the colour picker tool in a graphics application to sample the RGB values across the on-set continuity stills (i.e. the ones that haven't been obviously post-processed and are lit fairly neutrally) that have been posted, and I've actually been getting pretty consistent results. The absolute RGB values change depending on whether the area being sampled is in the light or shade and the level of ambient light, but the proportional relationship between the Red. Green and Blue values seems to be very consistent. What I've found so far is that there are almost equal amounts of Red and Green, but about 75% of the amount of Blue in relation to the Red and Green (for example, for R and G values of 80, the B will be 65-70).

Doing the same for some of the online shop images, the H&M, Boston Crew (Brown) and Next ones all show more Red than Green, which is what you would expect as they are all more Brown-looking than Green). The Dark Olive of the DC Shoes ones is the nearest to the same RGB proportions from ther on-set stills that I've checked so far.

Note that I'm not saying they are the actual ones used in the film - while I was searching for Ms April's agent, I read an interview with her about the film's costumes and for the main characters at least it sounds like everything was custom made (she also said they made 15 copies of the coat too...)

Very close on the DCs. Maybe just a shade too light, but then that's going by a photo.

I'll check out the Next ones. They don't have them in my local store yet, but I've asked them to notify me when they get them in.

Problem is having to view everything in person. There's too much variation in photographs for any sort of accurate color matching. I've already ordered 3 different jumper/sweaters from various parts of the web and no idea if they're going to be as accurate as they looked in the photos, so I'd rather be patient and make the next pair of pants I purchase the last :D

I've tried a different approach to the colour matching for the trousers by using the colour picker tool in a graphics application to sample the RGB values across the on-set continuity stills (i.e. the ones that haven't been post-processed and are lit fairly neutrally that have been posted, and I've actually been getting pretty consistent results. The absolute RGB values change depending on the area being sampled is in the light or shade and the level of ambient light, but the proportional relationship between the Red. Green and Blue values seems to be very consistent. What I've found so far is that there are almost equal amounts of Red and Green, but about 75% of the amount of Blue in relation to the Red and Green (for example, for R and G values of 80, the B will be 65-70).

Doing the same for some of the online shop images, the H&M, Boston Crew (Brown) and Next ones all show more Red than Green, which is what you would expect as they are all more Brown-looking than Green). The Dark Olive of the DC Shoes ones is the nearest to the same RGB proportions from ther on-set stills that I've checked so far.

Note that I'm not saying they are the actual ones used in the film - while I was searching for Ms April's agent, I read an interview with her about the film's costumes and for the main characters at least it sounds like everything was custom made (she also said they made 15 copies of the coat too...)

Another line of enquiry could be Martine Gagnon she was the Assistant Costume Designer, but again only if we can find some appropriate contact info.
She is on the Adam Savage Tested video where he gets kitted out as an extra for the Sapper Morton prequel mini film, but is credited for the main film.
It's possible she could be familiar with some of the finer details of the costumes?

So for those of you that have the White Sheep coat, do the magnets do a good job of holding the collar in a standing position when you're wearing it?
Just ordered one & am curious.

So for those of you that have the White Sheep coat, do the magnets do a good job of holding the collar in a standing position when you're wearing it?

Absolutely. I can not say one bad thing about this coat. I wore it to work tonight in the nasty Canadian weather and it holds up just the way I imagine the movie one would. I adore this coat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The collar holds really well, but I'm actually considering putting in a stronger magnet and maybe adding one more that holds the front closed. (There's only one on the front)

The wind kicked up pretty strong and pulled it open once when I was wearing it the other day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

View attachment 773673
I know theres some filtering going on in this photo, but those pants are lookin' real green to me. I've never been so confused over a mans pants before.

See I'm pretty sure they're brown, but they've added colour correction in certain shots to correct the green on the coat and the trousers have changed with it.

Again, look at the color in this still where the coat appears very black:

blade-runner-2049-dave-bautista-ryan-gosling.jpg

He could possibly be wearing slight variations throughout the film but they've always looked green to me. Even when I looked at the screen-used pair in person.

Possibly. There are so many variables. All I know for sure is these pants are driving everyone mad, and lots of cosplays are going to have interesting variations in the color department. But then, does it really matter so much if they're perceived so differently by many anyway?

View attachment 773673
I know theres some filtering going on in this photo, but those pants are lookin' real green to me. I've never been so confused over a mans pants before.

I did the same RGB test on the trousers and coat as I'd done on the behind the scenes pictures previously, and there is a definite boost in the Green and Blue levels in this shot. The Blue is basically the same level as the Red, and the Green has been boosted above them by about 10%. Given it's got a full background composited in there too, I'd say it's either a production still that's been heavily 'shopped, or a still frame from the finished film.

Ultimately, I think if you want to replicate the costume, it will come down to whether you want to reproduce how the wardrobe pieces looked in real life ,or how they were seen onscreen.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back