Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 3:04 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #476

I'm trying to get my hands on a jacket without destroying my wallet. The Magnoli jacket is amazing, but far out of my budget. The White Sheep Leather one is a bit better, but being Canadian, the exchange rate and shipping sort of kill it.

I'm (somewhat) handy with a sewing needle, so I could probably make some alterations to an existing coat and get close enough that I'd be happy with. But I'll need to find a suitable overcoat. Has anyone identified one that would make a good base?

@jkidd2099, you appear to be on a similar mission. Any luck with the coat?
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 3:10 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #477

CMYKey said: View Post
    I'm trying to get my hands on a jacket without destroying my wallet. The Magnoli jacket is amazing, but far out of my budget. The White Sheep Leather one is a bit better, but being Canadian, the exchange rate and shipping sort of kill it.

I'm (somewhat) handy with a sewing needle, so I could probably make some alterations to an existing coat and get close enough that I'd be happy with. But I'll need to find a suitable overcoat. Has anyone identified one that would make a good base?

@jkidd2099, you appear to be on a similar mission. Any luck with the coat?
    Just curious, have you considered Zlurpo's coat/jacket?
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 3:20 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #478

Hall86 said: View Post
    Just curious, have you considered Zlurpo's coat/jacket?
    Zlurpo's coat is beautiful. But, far out of my budget.

WSL is probably the most "affordable" of the replica options, but I'm going to try and price out my own adaptation first. Plus, making your own is always rewarding.
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 3:36 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #479

Zlurpo's coat is beautiful. But, far out of my budget.

WSL is probably the most "affordable" of the replica options, but I'm going to try and price out my own adaptation first. Plus, making your own is always rewarding.
    Yeah Zlurpo's is pricey but I think still a little more affordable than Magnoli's, the way I figured it.

Yeah that's very true. Nothing quite like having something unique.
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 3:39 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #480

Just an update - I've started documenting the teardown of my Safariland 1090 in a new thread over on the Replica Props sub-forum:
    https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284606
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 6:37 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #481

ONRX Drumani said: View Post
    It's not about waste time. You are right, but I think the green seen in the pictures is not exactly the green seen in the movie. Sure it has green, but sometimes it looks almost Black. I Know about post production. I've seen pictures of the real jacket, certainly looks green, but the feeling in the picture is almost black, with a touch off green.
    I posted awhile back that it also looks quite blue in many cases.

I feel that this coat can pull off any colour, it's such a great design
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 7:08 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #482

I agree. And also starting to think that we have the priviledge of having one (zlurpo's, Magnoli's And WSL). And for I have seen I think those are pretty similar to the real thing (dunno which one more of them and in what degree)
    I went for the one from WSL not only for the money issue but more for the delivery time what apears to be less than the others.

Today I receibed the bates shock 6. And are amazing. I have two knits and three pairs of pants. But I Will not wear nothing until I have my coat. May be my head blow of excitement before. I cant wait anymore!!!
    Last edited by ONRX Drumani; 1 Week Ago at 7:20 PM.
  8. RPFing since 2002 RPF Premium Member Indy Magnoli's Avatar
    From
    Middle Earth, NZ
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 9:41 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #483

Hall86 said: View Post
    Yeah Zlurpo's is pricey but I think still a little more affordable than Magnoli's, the way I figured it.
    If you're ordering within the US, standard sizing, without printing on the back, Zlurpo's is quite a bit cheaper. But if you're outside North America, want it made-to-measure with the back writing... it's only a $30 difference in price.

Thanks to Zlurpo, WL and others... there are, luckily, a lot of options for this jacket.
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 9:55 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #484

Just wanted to add that for anybody still thinking about them, I got my boots today and they are very comfortable and seem to be of high quality, overall better than I was expecting. I got them in 13 XW, I have pretty wide feet and they fit perfect.
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2017
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 9:50 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #485

@Hall86 I didn't have much luck finding a fabric that was accurate enough so I had to settle because my Con is this weekend. This is like sacrilege on this Thread but I actually just had to go with a black leather from Salvation Army for $7. I looked for an accurate "laminated cotton" trench or jacket online which led me in a fairly decent direction but everything was too pricey. If you have any luck with the jacket please let me know. I would love to do something more accurate down the road. I think my current running cost for my entire costume is
    $7 Jacket, $10 Fur and Dye, $5 Sweater, Existing Pants and Boots. Haha far from perfect but everyone loves it so far that has seen it and the comparison photos.
    (Please do not rip me apart fellow RPFers lol)
  11. RPF Premium Member Patattack's Avatar
    From
    Ann Arbor, MI
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 10:56 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #486

jkidd2099 said: View Post
    @Hall86 I didn't have much luck finding a fabric that was accurate enough so I had to settle because my Con is this weekend. This is like sacrilege on this Thread but I actually just had to go with a black leather from Salvation Army for $7. I looked for an accurate "laminated cotton" trench or jacket online which led me in a fairly decent direction but everything was too pricey. If you have any luck with the jacket please let me know. I would love to do something more accurate down the road. I think my current running cost for my entire costume is
    $7 Jacket, $10 Fur and Dye, $5 Sweater, Existing Pants and Boots. Haha far from perfect but everyone loves it so far that has seen it and the comparison photos.
    Some purists might scoff, but I always love seeing a creatively-assembled "budget" build, even if it's not 100% accurate. That's certainly how I do a lot of my costumes!
  12. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 11:17 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #487

My thinking here is that if I can find a suitable coat with a decent enough colour match, I can wax it myself to get that "laminated" look. But finding a jacket that would be a suitable base might be pretty tough. My con is still about 5 months away, so I have some time. Worst case scenario, I have to cough up the money for a replica.

The fur you used for your coat was an almost perfect match. Do you have whatever they named the fur? We don't have Joann Fabrics in Canada, but that might give me a good place to start.
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2017
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 12:39 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #488

My thinking here is that if I can find a suitable coat with a decent enough colour match, I can wax it myself to get that "laminated" look. But finding a jacket that would be a suitable base might be pretty tough. My con is still about 5 months away, so I have some time. Worst case scenario, I have to cough up the money for a replica.

The fur you used for your coat was an almost perfect match. Do you have whatever they named the fur? We don't have Joann Fabrics in Canada, but that might give me a good place to start.

There is no real company name used but they are advertising it as "Luxury Faux Fur Sherpa Fabric " http://www.joann.com/luxury-faux-fur.../14387633.html
    So if you searched that or asked your local Fabric shop for "Faux Sherpa Fur" they could probably get you in the ballpark.

Because it's Faux it's made out of polyester so to dye it you have to use a special polyester dye and the one I used in boiling water for about 45 mins was
    Jacquard iDye Fabric Dye - Natural, Poly and Nylon Fabrics. Just lay down a few towels because it can splash haha

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Fabri...+Nylon+Fabrics
  14. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 2:43 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #489

There is no real company name used but they are advertising it as "Luxury Faux Fur Sherpa Fabric " http://www.joann.com/luxury-faux-fur.../14387633.html
    So if you searched that or asked your local Fabric shop for "Faux Sherpa Fur" they could probably get you in the ballpark.

Because it's Faux it's made out of polyester so to dye it you have to use a special polyester dye and the one I used in boiling water for about 45 mins was
    Jacquard iDye Fabric Dye - Natural, Poly and Nylon Fabrics. Just lay down a few towels because it can splash haha

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Fabri...+Nylon+Fabrics
    Great, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to post any suitable coats I find for anyone else who might be engaging in a budget-friendly operation.
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    3 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 8:51 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #490

I received today my WSL waxed cotton jacket and it is absolutely amazing.
  16. Member Since
    Dec 2017
    3 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 11:09 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #491

vitamincpp said: View Post
    I received today my WSL waxed cotton jacket and it is absolutely amazing.
    Got any pics?

I'm still gonna make an attempt at a semi-homemade coat, but the WSL coat is a good backup if I don't have much luck. I'm curious though, what does the colour look like compared to Zlurpo's? @harrypotterfan @Narsil

I know pinpointing the exact colour of the real coat is a bit of a fruitless effort, but I like the colour of his the best. The WSL seems a lot lighter and a bit more grey. It's hard to tell from the photos.
  17. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 5:36 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #492

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality and the environment. There is nobody available now to make photos of me wearing it. Maybe next week, because I keep it as a surprise for a party coming very soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vEarM%uTR9WOCXRuH+qUNw.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	779176

Name:	+N1L8S8cSdG+zLRg%FPihQ.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	779177

Name:	iWGXMYUKRZuuJtTtYBbKjQ.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	779179
    From
    Texas
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:08 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #493

I got my Magnoli coat yesterday and as promised here’s some pictures! I opted for a black coat with buttons and no screen printing on the back (although I almost wish I did now haha). These are just initial thoughts because I haven’t actually physically seen the jacket. Just through pictures (I got it shipped to my hometown so I could get it when I go home for the holidays). I also wanted darker shearling and (Magnoli can correct me if I’m wrong) what’s seen here is the distressed shearling done with shoe polish. I’ll probably have pictures of me wearing it next week!

I think it’s worth saying that this is most I’ve spent on a single costume/clothing piece. With that in mind I was very picky and specific for how I wanted this to turn out. I also wanted it to not just look the part but function as an everyday coat as well. That said, I absolutely love it. The color is exactly what I wanted and same with the fur. My family member who has it (and works in fashion) said it’s extremely well-made. So as far as I’m concerned (pending the fit of course) this coat is worth every penny. Magnoli was also great at communicating and answering all my questions along with the turnaround time. I ordered with rush shipping and it arrived in a little over 2 weeks! Very pleased with how this turned out.

Name:	84832B6E-B237-40D7-BBF4-38F50EE65760.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	779200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4B208BB-7CA6-4604-9C53-477B19CE748B.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	779201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	859926F9-DB60-46CE-99D1-7D3C84A31816.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	779202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6E728E9E-90AB-4162-9C84-0B8625948462.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	779203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0A47AB5-4B0D-4C87-A085-1A8BD450B85F.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	779204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF679161-30C2-430D-A547-5857B24DCBCC.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	779205
    Last edited by BREAD WARRIOR; 2 Days Ago at 11:14 AM.
  19. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:42 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #494

The black looks awesome! Nice touch with the different colored liner.
    From
    Texas
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #495

masterchief0185 said: View Post
    The black looks awesome! Nice touch with the different colored liner.
    Thanks! Although I think that may just be the lighting, can’t be 100% yet!
    From
    Michigan, U.S.
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 12:06 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #496

That looks great! Definitely reinforces my plans to make mine black.
  22. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 3:30 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #497

It’s funny because it almost looks screen accurate green in those photos.
    From
    LV-426
    2 Days Ago  Dec 9, 2017, 5:32 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #498

BREAD WARRIOR said: View Post
    I think it’s worth saying that this is most I’ve spent on a single costume/clothing piece. With that in mind I was very picky and specific for how I wanted this to turn out. I also wanted it to not just look the part but function as an everyday coat as well. That said, I absolutely love it. The color is exactly what I wanted and same with the fur. My family member who has it (and works in fashion) said it’s extremely well-made. So as far as I’m concerned (pending the fit of course) this coat is worth every penny. Magnoli was also great at communicating and answering all my questions along with the turnaround time. I ordered with rush shipping and it arrived in a little over 2 weeks! Very pleased with how this turned out.
    Wow, thanks for sharing those photos, it looks great! Definitely loving the look of the black waxed cotton, which is also the option I selected. That’s awesome it arrived so quickly, I’m jealous! I put a rush on my order as well, placed it back in early October. Very excited for it to arrive!
  24. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 3:44 AM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #499

The film jacket is not black, I like the shearling colour though. Don't like the price too
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2017
    1 Day Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 12:16 PM - Re: Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049! #500

Hi guys. I had to create an account for the site based on this thread alone! I've been scouring the internet for a decent replica of the jacket ever since I seen the film. I've been looking at WSL but I'm wondering if I'm priced out. I've been trying to work it out but there seems to be a few variables. Have any of you bought from WSL in the UK? I'm trying to work out a definite price but am having some troubles. Any of you from either US or UK have to pay VAT on top as well as shipping? Are any of you comfortable in advising how much it cost altogether from WSL? any help would be greatly appreciated!