Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Last edited:
Speaking of the sweaters I noticed that Gosling always wears black long sleeve t-shirts underneath them. You'll see him in just the black shirt without the sweater when he meets the replicant underground.

418F9136-0191-4C14-83CC-9F1708ED1209.jpegA1EB7324-F99F-47FA-AD7F-F49B0DCA212A.jpeg

Your right about the under shirt... also it does seem that the sweater he wears has to be inside out, I think someone mentioned that before. But these 2 photos show the seam really well.

Speaking of the sweaters I noticed that Gosling always wears black long sleeve t-shirts underneath them. You'll see him in just the black shirt without the sweater when he meets the replicant underground.

I've only seen the movie once so far, but I'm pretty sure I also recall in one of the earlier scenes he's wearing a white or light grey undershirt.

RE, the boots,
I thought it seemed to be a strange thing to do, seeing as the "bates" logo is still on the outer part of the foot, and that, as you noted, you can't see the tongue logo if the trousers are in the right position, but then that annoying voice in my head kept saying "you cant build stuff, but you can rip logos off a boot to make it more accurate", so I decided to try it on the 6" boots, makes NO difference to the boots looks, but it appears to be movie accurate.
Either way, still great boots!

Hey all, so my jacket from White Sheep Leather is finished! It will be shipped out to me tomorrow. Here are the pictures that the company sent me. I asked for the logo on the back to be done in grey. I was expecting it to be a little bit more subdued, but it could be the lighting that the photos were taken in. Even if it is not though, I like the grey logo much better than harrypotterfan's black logo work, and I am sure it will wear with use. My jacket also comes with the diamond pattern interior, but I don't have any photos of that yet. They're doing that by default now. So here's hoping I took my measurements right (haha) -- I will post more photos of it when I receive it, which will probably be around Thanksgiving, as I am at college right now and won't be able to see it until then (as it's being delivered to my home address).

23513423_870973826413648_2104734116_n.jpg23574138_870974236413607_1224446508_n.jpg23549574_870973919746972_1077133799_n.jpg23549573_870973729746991_1791749089_n.jpg23548405_870974139746950_623445068_n.jpg23547074_870974176413613_1907737314_o.jpg23546934_870973883080309_981607470_o.jpg23515644_870973966413634_1688990061_n.jpg23513544_870974083080289_734176577_n.jpg23584125_870973803080317_1888354698_o.jpg

wow those pictures look great. I just ordered my coat from white sheep leather yesterday. I asked them to make it in more of a dark grey/charcoal colour rather than the dark green based on some pics i sent them. i also asked them to incorporate a removable hood into the design. excited to see what they come up with. Great company to deal with,very open to all my requests. can't wait to see more pics of your coat when you get it

I love this thread. Apologies if this was already listed. I only saw the movie twice, but his pants look very much like a greenish gray jean-like material rather than chinos. The 5.11 Tactical Defender Flex Slim in Oil Green (link below) seems a very close fit. I ordered a pair a couple of inches longer so I could roll them up like in the movie. These are pretty high quality and even though they are green, they contrast the green of the well quite well.

http://www.511tactical.com/defender-flex-slim.html

The 5.11 trousers have J-pockets, like jeans. The olive drab trousers K wears for most of the film have diagonal slant pockets, like traditional trousers. Here's a crop of the photo of Gosling and Villeneuve in the apartment set (where he's holding the slide for the portable Esper machine that was cut from the film).
officer_K_pocket.jpg
The Boston Crew chinos from George at Asda that I posted a link to earlier have the same style of pockets (but it doesn't help unless you are in the UK). Asda's parent company is Walmart though, so they may be sold in their US stores under whatever their own-brand is for clothes.

The Boston Crew chinos from George at Asda that I posted a link to earlier have the same style of pockets (but it doesn't help unless you are in the UK). Asda's parent company is Walmart though, so they may be sold in their US stores under whatever their own-brand is for clothes.

The Boston Crew only come in really dark shades and this color:

Untitled.png

Compare to this:

blade-runner-2049-officer-k-ryan-gosling-pants-cosplay.jpg

I think the tone is off just a little. Just a little too vibrant? But it's generally so difficult to tell...

I might go into Asda tomorrow to see what they look like firsthand.

The Boston Crew only come in really dark shades and this color:

View attachment 772920

Compare to this:

View attachment 772919

I think the tone is off just a little. Just a little too vibrant? But it's generally so difficult to tell...

I might go into Asda tomorrow to see what they look like firsthand.

The pictures on the George website are a bit different to how they look in person. Part of it is there is a nap to the cotton that changes the shade depending on the light direction. If you are going to check them out, the bigger stores (Walmart super centres) will have the full range of colours. Make sure it's the ones with the diagonal pockets too, as they have the jeans-style Boston Crew chinos with riveted J-pockets as well.

One of the difficulties of getting a close estimate of colour of the trousers in the film is that most of the stills captured from the film have either been lit using tinted lighting or lens filters or have been post-processed in when the film was graded. For example, that sequence where Luv is leading K though the Nexus 'museum' has a strong yellowish tint on it from the 'sunlight' coming in through the roof (as does most of the Wallace building, other than the optical archive room).
Even the prop displays at the premiere had very strong bluish-white LED light sources on them which would lighten the colour
View attachment 763693
The trousers in the display at the Arclight were also heavily weathered/dirtied down, which also influences the colour
The on-set behind the scenes stills are probably a better source to try and get a colour match. This was on an external set so has more diffuse lighting
View attachment 762453
Or this one, which is on-set but the lighting is more natural and Gosling isn't standing in a directly-lit area either.:
View attachment 768883

Last edited:

Attachments

• blade-runner-2049-officer-k-ryan-gosling-pants-cosplay.jpg
    blade-runner-2049-officer-k-ryan-gosling-pants-cosplay.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4,273
Last edited:
@buzby

Dockers Khaki Brown Chinos

They're a sub-brand of Levis.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOCKERS-...427096&hash=item3aec619960:g:bXgAAOSw5j9ZgbnK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOCKERS-...d=253073922400&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I think the Khaki/Brown is pretty accurate to the stills. Aren't those the correct pockets also?

I'd say those khaki brown ones (especially the ones in the first link) are probably as close as you might be able to get without any better reference pics to go on, and yes, they have the right type of pockets too. One thing is that D2s are straight leg, which may be a bit baggy. The Slim Tapered, Slim (D1) or Athletic styles may be more suitable, as they are all less flared at the hem than the D2s (around 15" compared to 17"). It also looks like the "Lived & Worn" finish appearss to be discontinued (which may be why they are being sold off cheap, as the RRP for D2s is about £60), and I can't find that colour in any of the current styles on the Dockers UK website!

I'd say those khaki brown ones (especially the ones in the first link) are probably as close as you might be able to get without any better reference pics to go on, and yes, they have the right type of pockets too. One thing is that D2s are straight leg, which may be a bit baggy. The Slim Tapered, Slim (D1) or Athletic styles may be more suitable, as they are all less flared at the hem than the D2s (around 15" compared to 17"). It also looks like the "Lived & Worn" finish appearss to be discontinued (which may be why they are being sold off cheap, as the RRP for D2s is about £60), and I can't find that colour in any of the current styles on the Dockers UK website!

Agreed. I've just looked at some stills of the straight leg being worn and it definitely needs to be slim fit.

I can find slims, but never in my size AND the right cut AND colour. Downright infuriating.

I'm watching a few other makes on ebay, but I'm hesitant to commit incase I'm wrong about the colour or the hems are too flared as you say.

Another pic that seems like a good colour reference:

blade-runner-2049-dave-bautista-ryan-gosling.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing the screen used chinos were probably from a higher end brand then H&M if they weren't custom made.

Is there really any way to tell? They could've been custom made. They could've been purchased for the production like the boots. They could be premium quality or they could be budget from a chain retailer. Most cotton trousers follow a similar pattern and come in similar colors, regardless of origin, and with any brand labels undoubtedly removed from the screen used pairs, you'll never know.

To the best of our knowledge they're slim fit, brown and we know they're traditional chino styling. Based on that it's really just finding the best equivalent.

Last edited:
Is there really any way to tell? They could've been custom made. They could've been purchased for the production like the boots. They could be premium quality or they could be budget from a chain retailer. Most cotton trousers follow a similar pattern and come in similar colors, regardless of origin, and with any brand labels undoubtedly removed from the screen used pairs, you'll never know.

To the best of our knowledge they're slim fit, brown and we know they're traditional chino styling. Based on that it's really just finding the best equivalent.
Are we thinking his pants are that brown? Or are we thinking there are a couple different pants? I thought they were more greenish

Are we thinking his pants are that brown? Or are we thinking there are a couple different pants? I thought they were more greenish

We know there are black pants early on, and we know he subtly changes his outfit a few times.

A few theories:

-There are both brown and green pants in the film.

-The pants are khaki brown, so they appear green in certain light.

-They color corrected parts of the film to emphasize 'the man in the green coat' and tinted the trousers green in the process.

All i know is the behind the scenes stills I've been looking at show brown trousers, and those are likely to be the most trustworthy reference.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back