Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Just got back from seeing the movie again, so I'm going to get everythin out of my head before I forget it all
Holster: suspender definitely seems to only be on the one side, and the patterned material looks a lot like​ a tighter version of the material @harrypotterfan put in his jacket. Also still not really sure how the metal half ring that seems to hold the gun in place works.
Here's a crop of one of Mr. Savage's SDCC pictures of the blaster and holster. It's a very light square 'waffle' pattern neoprene or EVA foam with stitched-on binding edges. It's the inverse of harrypotterfan's coat lining as the lines are raised rather than the squares.
texture.jpg

Edit: here's another view where you can see the raised waffle/crosshatch pattern. It also seems the main strap is actually 2 pieces with a lapped seam at the rear, presumably where the suspender strap is attached as well
img_0945.jpg

Attachments

• DFJaCU0UwAEeyjM.jpg
    DFJaCU0UwAEeyjM.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Just saw the film for a 4th time. I noticed that in the scene where we first see K in his apartment he's wearing what looks to be black pants, perhaps they're the same style chinos as the olive drab ones he wears most of the film. Would also like to know who makes the plastic food bowls he has in his apartment.

My bates boots just arrived! Pictures don't do them proper justice, they look even cooler in person and are incredibly comfortable. Definitely going to wear them often this winter when out in the snowy/rainy weather.

I agree, super comfortable.I noticed that in the pictures of the 8" ones that are/were on display, that they had detached the "bates" design sown onto the tongue.I did that with my 6" pair-for anyone who wondered, mine came off fairly easily, you just have to use a "quick unpick" to sever as much of the stitching as you can, on both the outer leather, and then the rubber Bates logo inside it, then pull them off, using the quick unpick to sever any stitching that snags.Then ,for the top of the leather part, rather than unpicking the whole top of the tongue, I just cut the leather piece off as close as I could to the top of the tongue, then used shoe polish [black] to colour the tip so it blends in.
I will be doing the same for my 8" pair, which I know are the movie correct size, but I thought I would get the 6" size too, to "share the load", and because they really are SO comfortable.

I agree, super comfortable.I noticed that in the pictures of the 8" ones that are/were on display, that they had detached the "bates" design sown onto the tongue.I did that with my 6" pair-for anyone who wondered, mine came off fairly easily, you just have to use a "quick unpick" to sever as much of the stitching as you can, on both the outer leather, and then the rubber Bates logo inside it, then pull them off, using the quick unpick to sever any stitching that snags.Then ,for the top of the leather part, rather than unpicking the whole top of the tongue, I just cut the leather piece off as close as I could to the top of the tongue, then used shoe polish [black] to colour the tip so it blends in.
I will be doing the same for my 8" pair, which I know are the movie correct size, but I thought I would get the 6" size too, to "share the load", and because they really are SO comfortable.
Never noticed they removed the Bates logo from the tongue, Thanks for pointing it out! It's interesting they did that considering the tongue is never seen on screen. Also because the screen-used pair I saw at the TCL in Hollywood still had the Bates logo on the side of the boot.

Thanks for the heads up, though to be honest, the logo on the tongue is barely visible unless it's under directly light anyway (I just had to look really hard to find it with the boots on and tied up). With it being hidden under the trouser leg aswell, I might just leave it.

Thanks for the heads up, though to be honest, the logo on the tongue is barely visible unless it's under directly light anyway (I just had to look really hard to find it with the boots on and tied up). With it being hidden under the trouser leg aswell, I might just leave it.
I'm just going to leave it. Would rather not mess up the boot somehow for something that's never seen on screen anyway.

My bates boots just arrived! Pictures don't do them proper justice, they look even cooler in person and are incredibly comfortable. Definitely going to wear them often this winter when out in the snowy/rainy weather.
I got my boots yesterday and it is true they are very very comfortable. I wasn't sure if I would use them for the winter weather, but they were super warm and worked great.

I love this thread. Apologies if this was already listed. I only saw the movie twice, but his pants look very much like a greenish gray jean-like material rather than chinos. The 5.11 Tactical Defender Flex Slim in Oil Green (link below) seems a very close fit. I ordered a pair a couple of inches longer so I could roll them up like in the movie. These are pretty high quality and even though they are green, they contrast the green of the well quite well.

http://www.511tactical.com/defender-flex-slim.html

I love this thread. Apologies if this was already listed. I only saw the movie twice, but his pants look very much like a greenish gray jean-like material rather than chinos. The 5.11 Tactical Defender Flex Slim in Oil Green (link below) seems a very close fit. I ordered a pair a couple of inches longer so I could roll them up like in the movie. These are pretty high quality and even though they are green, they contrast the green of the well quite well.

http://www.511tactical.com/defender-flex-slim.html
I don't know exactly how many different colors of pants he wears throughout the film. I only noticed the really dark/black ones he wears the first time he's in his apartment and the olive drab-ish ones he seems to wear for the rest of the film. I'm not sure they're those 5.11 ones even though they're a good choice. Like most of the pants Gosling wears on and off screen his pants in this were pretty slim fit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back