Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I'm beginning to think you're right and the suspender strap is only on his left side.

What we really need is more pictures of the holster rig.
If you look at the action figure, you can see he's wearing braces and the holster. The holster appears to go under the arm.
b7671091d1dc663ac4aac5f292481992.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If you look at the action figure, you can see he's wearing braces and the holster. The holster appears to go under the arm.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/b7671091d1dc663ac4aac5f292481992.jpg

My impression was that this figure is NOT licenced (hence why it's called 'Replicant Hunter'), so it's likely been designed with the same sort of guesswork we employ on here. This depiction of the full braces + holster may be right, but it may also be completely wrong.

I won't be satisfied until I see a suitable production still without the jacket.

Last edited:
If you look at the action figure, you can see he's wearing braces and the holster. The holster appears to go under the arm.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171102/b7671091d1dc663ac4aac5f292481992.jpg
That's not an official figure though, so they are potentially going on the same amount of reference we have. None of the other stills that have been released where he isn't wearing the coat or holster show him wearing braces. Also on the pictures of the gun and holster from the Comicon display you can see the 2 adjusters on the thin strap and the silver suspender clip folded underneath that are visible on the strap clipped to his waistband in the 'couch' shot..

I’m pretty sure the straps on the prop are neoprene.
It certainly does look like it on the main part of the rig - a lightly waffle-textured neoprene or possibly EVA foam sheet with bound edges. You can see the detail of the fabric in one Adam Savage's pictures from the display:
DFJsmL7XgAEVOgW.jpg

Last edited:
I'm convinced. Looks like braces from H&M are off the shopping list then. Just need a better shot of that damn holster.

Received my Officer K jacket from White Sheep Leather and its absolutely GORGEOUS! We took these photos super quick in between binging Stranger Things, so they really don't show off all of it's beauty. Just to recap, this whole thing cost $179 and was made in just 2 weeks off basic reference photos, so I'm absolutely amazed. The jacket itself is made out of a very dark cotton and faux fur. The jacket has many hidden neodymium magnets to help the jacket hold its shape which works brilliantly. The jacket itself is slightly thin, but I'm sure you can request a thicker liner (I personally wouldnt mind and entirely fur filled liner even though it's not accurate because it is so comfortably soft!). The fit is also pretty fantastic and matches my measurements very well. I know some may complain about the writing on the back being inaccurate, but the only photo I gave them to go off of for the back was the action figure. I was originally going to remove it and airbrush it on, but its honesty kind of growing on me (maybe a version of K's jacket when he first got it?) The neck collar thing works well, but I doubt I'd ever actually wear it since I felt like a turtle. Overall, I'd give the whole thing a 9/10 for how well made it was for the price. Expect some more photos this weekend! I'm also wearing my H&M K sweater and pants, as well as some tactical boots (I'm too cheap to spend $150 on the real things)' I've just asked them to add it to their site since I've gotton loads of messages about purchasing, but you can send them a message on their facebook page as wellhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/5470f2756ee6a41a4b0a8f5151f4a8b8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/8a0c6e1245e24d27ae9718c8cab16f74.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/56a2ec17091bfe667760e5c909b14e02.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/2f3969af03988a9fd14fad047c1dd074.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/a244d129568bdc7f62a85495456c7f18.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

I've never gone through them before. What was your buying process? Coat looks fantastic.

Don't know if this might help with the whole holster thing, but I have found some stills of him without the jacket:

holster 3.pngholster 2.pngholster 4.pngholster 5.pngholster 6.pngholster 7.pngholster 8.pngholster 9.pngholster 10.png

Doesn't seem to have 2 straps just one suspender strap on the left side, as some mentioned in previous posts and no "x" crossing over suspender thing on the back.

Don't know if this might help with the whole holster thing, but I have found some stills of him without the jacket:

View attachment 770802View attachment 770810View attachment 770803View attachment 770804View attachment 770805View attachment 770806View attachment 770807View attachment 770808View attachment 770809

Doesn't seem to have 2 straps just one suspender strap on the left side, as some mentioned in previous posts and no "x" crossing over suspender thing on the back.

Good share. That confirms it then. No braces, but a rig similar to the one in buzby 's post with a custom holster for the gun.

blade_gallery2.jpg
Is this image going to be enough for someone to replicate it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good share. That confirms it then. No braces, but a rig similar to the one in @buzby 's post with a custom holster for the gun.

View attachment 770827
Is this image going to be enough for someone to replicate it?

I see there's a cam-rip of the film going around then?;) It does show that the elasicated suspender strap is positioned to run across the shoulders and then around the right side of the neck.

Apart from Mr Savage's picture in my previous post that shows the waffle texture of the neoprene/foam for the main strap, the only other pics of the holster frame are from when it was on display at SDCC:
DSCN8700.jpg
As I said before, I think it looks like it's made up of 4 pieces of 3D printed or machined plastic (2 cups that fit around the barrel shroud and 2 rails that run along the frame of the gun), an aluminium plate at the muzzle end (with a slot that the rig attaches to), a threaded standoff/spacer at the hammer end (that holds the 2 sides together using button-head hex screws) and some kind of fabric panel (maybe lycra'/spandex) that holds the gun into the frame under the trigger guard, and although we can't see it I think there must be another aluminium plate attached to the inner side piece that the otrher end of the rig attaches to.

We really need some better pictures of the frame part - it looks to be lined with thin black foam, but it expect it's tightly contoured around the blaster to get a snug fit (it was probably designed to fit around the 3D model of the blaster). That might be where a problem arises due to variations in the sizes of the blaster kits available.

That might be where a problem arises due to variations in the sizes of the blaster kits available.

That is a huge issue if one holster reproduction won't fit all...

And I doubt each of the blaster makers is going to want to make one of these to fit their pistol (nor can I blame them) rgriesbeck

I'm beginning to think this might be the DIY part of the 2049 build, which I might consider once I see some more images.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks really good. I would lengthen the coat 4"-6" though. It's supposed to go down to knee level, maybe even slightly below them.
View attachment 770839

Have to agree on that front. It does look a tad short, but then that may well be affected by how tall the wearer is aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 770802View attachment 770810View attachment 770803View attachment 770804View attachment 770805View attachment 770806View attachment 770807View attachment 770808View attachment 770809

Just thought I would point out that there are two straps visible in photos 1 and 4, starting from the top left and going across. So definitely not just the one strap on his left. Not sure how that works though because on the back photo there seems to be only one. Maybe its just really thin?

Just thought I would point out that there are two straps visible in photos 1 and 4, starting from the top left and going across. So definitely not just the one strap on his left. Not sure how that works though because on the back photo there seems to be only one. Maybe its just really thin?

Yup. Like this.

ga033-galco-executive.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back