Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

welllll... now you're making me nervous about ordering the green ;)

please just tell me it's not more green than it looks in your photos, Indy!

Do you have any examples of your black and brown, Indy? I'm​ really liking the colour of the nubuck leather, but can't​ afford that :\

Please just tell me it's not more green than it looks in your photos, Indy!

The photos are pretty accurate... don't worry.

Do you have any examples of your black and brown, Indy?

Here are some examples of our other jackets in our waxed cotton, for color comparison:

Black:

extra-image-861.jpg

Dark Brown:

extra-image-1678.jpg

extra-image-779.jpg

And here are the four available colors together:

extra-image-1680.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy

To be honest, the shot taken outside is much more useful. I can see the color temp changes between daylight and tungsten across the fabric in the other shots.

Personally, if I were to buy the jacket (and boy am I close) I'd go with the black/dark grey option (if there is a dark grey option), either way, pretty sure I wouldn't go green. It just doesn't look green in the film. Despite K actually being called "the man in the green jacket" haha!

I couldn’t pull this jacket off but if I were to buy it, I’d get it the same colour. Who cares how it looks in different environments and via various grading passes? You yourself will be in different scenarios and it will react accordingly.
There aren’t many cool dark green film jackets, why make it a boring brown or black like everything else?
Just my opinion.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of pulse rifle building days. The original prop shrouds were more brown but after post looked green. I went with green as that's how they looked in the final film.

As for this coat though, I think it clearly appears green in certain parts of the film and then a lot darker in other shots, perhaps verging on brown and black (particularly because of the laminate finish). It's clear to me that it only changes due to different environments and lighting, so green it has to be for me.

...if I were to buy it, I’d get it the same colour. Who cares how it looks in different environments and via various grading passes? You yourself will be in different scenarios and it will react accordingly. There aren’t many cool dark green film jackets...

Completely agree with robertsonick on this... and Well Said, might I add ;):thumbsup

It's so hard to decide if I want a jacket that's that green, or if I want to go for a darker colour. In the film it looks pretty black, or like a really dark grey or something, but is obviously mentioned as a green jacket, and in the BTS pictures it's quite green. Greener than what I would have thought.

What's everyone else thinking?

I'm planning to make mine, and my ideal color with be a really dark charcoal, but the waxed cotton I'm eyeing only comes in olive (too light/green to get the on-screen look), brown, and black, and of those I think black will work best.

Points to consider:

• As mentioned, they talk about it being green in the film, and since dialog is not likely to factor in color timing, you can be certain that it IS green-tinted. Now, that could mean (as it would seem from the various display images folks have taken) that it's a grey base fabric with a 5% green dye added- it'll still look mostly grey, but will be tinted enough for people to be able to call it green.
  • Ignore ALL movies stills AND "behind the scenes" photos as to what color it really is. Even the BTS shots have been doctored heavily even if it's not apparent.
  • The best way (besides actually seeing in person) right now to gauge the color is by looking at random cell phone snaps. Cell phones are set to take fairly neutral images that have a broad color range and, while they may enhance some things, will not heavily tint anything unless you have them set to a filter.
  • One thing you can do is take a selection of cell photos, import them into Photoshop and do some color analysis to get pretty close to the correct tint.

I also had a thought about the lapels and collar. I think it's cheap long-haired polyester fleece, not regular "fashion fur" which is usually too fine or faux shearling. Fleece fits with the overall "cheap" look (since K isn't rich) and looks very much like that. Fleece has that fuzzy "shredded wool" look right from the start.

Been trying to track down a medkit tin
View attachment 768257

So far the closest I've found is this is a BCB CN550 Mini Mess Tin (should be on Amazon or eVilBay if you give the product code a search.

It looks about right for size/detailing, but I can't work out if they've cut a window in the lid - and then placed a piece of clear plastic behind the remaining rim with a card inside, or it's a round cornered sticker/decal on the lid?

Got my tin in yesterday, and it looks pretty damn accurate to me. theflightyellz, would you be willing to do a run of your tin stickers once you've got your design finalized? I'd definitely me interested in nabbing a couple.

I agree JoatrashFx. The fur looks pretty shaggy and not as neat as the sherpa fur I’ve been seeing on replicas.

Points to consider:

• As mentioned, they talk about it being green in the film, and since dialog is not likely to factor in color timing, you can be certain that it IS green-tinted. Now, that could mean (as it would seem from the various display images folks have taken) that it's a grey base fabric with a 5% green dye added- it'll still look mostly grey, but will be tinted enough for people to be able to call it green.
  • Ignore ALL movies stills AND "behind the scenes" photos as to what color it really is. Even the BTS shots have been doctored heavily even if it's not apparent.
  • The best way (besides actually seeing in person) right now to gauge the color is by looking at random cell phone snaps. Cell phones are set to take fairly neutral images that have a broad color range and, while they may enhance some things, will not heavily tint anything unless you have them set to a filter.
  • One thing you can do is take a selection of cell photos, import them into Photoshop and do some color analysis to get pretty close to the correct tint.

I also had a thought about the lapels and collar. I think it's cheap long-haired polyester fleece, not regular "fashion fur" which is usually too fine or faux shearling. Fleece fits with the overall "cheap" look (since K isn't rich) and looks very much like that. Fleece has that fuzzy "shredded wool" look right from the start.

A- Anything could factor into the color grade, they could easily make his jacket "look more green" in a scene where someone actually says it's green.

B- Any image that's released has been through photoshop, so yeah.

C- Cell phones images vary pretty heavily, you can find hot debates about this all over the internet. I wouldn't call this "the best" way. Not to mention convention style display lighting is usually atrocious, and includes all kinds of different color temp lighting, mixed together, and crappy little bulbs... Don't get me started.

D- I suppose you could do this, but I don't see how it would help you determine what color you want your jacket to be, also the lighting where your photo was taken vs. Deakins, the color space that the film was shot in, vs. your cell phone, vs. your monitor, vs. how you handle the image vs. whatever they graded it in, baselight or whatever... Too many variables. This isn't a scientific process.

On top of all of this, we don't know how many jackets there are. There could be greener ones, and greyer ones.

I feel you guys are really over-complicating this...

1508387216467.jpg
This image hasn't been post processed to the same extent as the footage (as in this is more than likely from an on-set photographer taking stills of the production rather than colored and graded like the film footage). It's probably a pretty clear indication of what the coat looks like under direct, white lighting.

So you try to match this green, it's accurate in colour to the original costume, and then you can post process and light your own photos accordingly to give it the hues it has in different scenes. I don't see any point in doing anything differently, but that's just me.

I just got my coat from Magnoli in green (its gorgeous, absolutely worth every penny) but I have no doubts the coat in the film is a similar green. Under certain lighting it hits that same grey hue as it often does in the film.

Would you be willing to post some pictures?? I’d love to see how all the changes turned out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back