Hellboy (2019)

Re: Hellboy R-rated film reboot announced

QFT.

And other words that I have to type so my message isn't too short to post!

I totally agree. I dont get how this is getting made, when Hellboy 3 cant get made. I dont understand. The first two hellboys were awesome. The practical effects work was amazing. Part of me is glad its getting made, but the other part is pissed that guillermo and perlman dont get to finish the trilogy.

QFT.

And other words that I have to type so my message isn't too short to post!

I think the main reason being quoted is that Del Toro wanted a budget bigger than they were willing to give him. (Not unlike what happened with his Cthulhu Mythos film, that also never got made but would probably have been great.)

I'm excited. I like the character and his story arc. I am sad that Perlman won't get another chance in the role, but not so much about Del Toro. He strayed too much from the comics for my liking.

I'm excited. I like the character and his story arc. I am sad that Perlman won't get another chance in the role, but not so much about Del Toro. He strayed too much from the comics for my liking.

And at least the Golden Army ended on a high note, with a good sense of closure. (In part, I'm actually glad Del Toro didn't do a third one because he so often spoke about Hellboy having to die in it.)

I liked the comment someone on the RPF FB page wrote on this. He basically said they need to go visit a library because there's lots of good stories they can make.

I've never read the comic, but I think it would be difficult to do better than Ron Perlman.

That's good and I'll be honest here:the first movie was great but the second? Yea sucked,it was't "Hellboy" it was one of Del Toro's fantasy elf films.

What I hope now is they use some of HB's OTHER material we've seen Rasputin so do one of the short stories like the vampire in Prague,or the one where he had to find a grave for the body.

Or do an original set sometimes in the 60's to the 80's,and while none of HB's stuff is really R rated it COULD be,easily.

Honestly I was biased against Hellboy II from the start when Myers was written out. I understand it was an unintentional scheduling issue, but still.

It had some good moments, but it didn't feel like a proper continuation of the first film to me.

I enjoyed the second one for the most part, but some of it was awful. That part where Abe Sapien and Hellboy are drinking to the Barry Manilow song...really took me out of the film. Hellboy is also drunk and staggering one moment than seemingly good to go a moment later fighting the elf Prince. Yeesh.

Everything wrong with HellBoy 2 encompassed in a single pic . . .

Hellboy-2-2008-01.jpg

Sooo cringy!

Re: Hellboy: Rise Of The Blood Queen

Hopefully there isnt too much studio interference. Thats what happened with the 2011 Thing, the director was like "yeah this will be cool, r-rated practical effects blah blah blah" and you saw what happened to that. Looked like a damn ps2 game thanks to some ****** up at the studio. Lets hope the director and his team dont have the damn studio breathing down their neck, :angry

Hopefully there isnt too much studio interference. Thats what happened with the 2011 Thing, the director was like "yeah this will be cool, r-rated practical effects blah blah blah" and you saw what happened to that. Looked like a damn ps2 game thanks to some ****** up at the studio. Lets hope the director and his team dont have the damn studio breathing down their neck, :angry

Lol, true! Speaking of Playstation games, The Thing was good fun back in the day.

Everything wrong with HellBoy 2 encompassed in a single pic . . .

http://cinemaunrest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Hellboy-2-2008-01.jpg

Sooo cringy!

I'm right there with you! I loved the first one so much that the second was just embarrassing. Liz is expecting twins, and a hell spawn is the father? That has disaster written all over it. Plus little subtle changes that bugged me like changing his duster from leather to canvas, and his teeth! They fit so bad it affected his speech! I hated the second one so much that I'm ready for a reboot. My only question is, boots or hooves?

Lol, true! Speaking of Playstation games, The Thing was good fun back in the day.
Dude, the PS2 one?! I loved that game! It was hard, but man, it was terrifying for a game!!! HA! I thought I was the only one that played it.
Funky I would say hooves man. Not only have boots been done, but I feel as though the way things are, they can make the hooves look cool, practically or through CGI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude, the PS2 one?! I loved that game! It was hard, but man, it was terrifying for a game!!! HA! I thought I was the only one that played it.
@Funky I would say hooves man. Not only have boots been done, but I feel as though the way things are, they can make the hooves look cool, practically or through CGI.

Hahaha, yeah Buddy! I played that game for hours! Still bummed a sequel to that game was never made. It still has high reviews.
Funky...hooves for the win.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back