Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

My "K" Blaster!!
My K Blaster 1 copy.jpgMy K Blaster 2 copy.jpgMy K Blaster 3 copy.jpg

Nice! Did you create that yourself, or is it a kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a kit I got from a member here, "Elilay", in the project runs, it was his V1, and I think he is working on a V2 right now, what I liked was it was a molded kit not 3D printed, so no lines and not much cleanup.
Then I did all the finishing.
Thanks,
AL

Yea, I regret sleeping on his kits. Yours came out excellent :thumbsup

If you don’t mind me asking, what method did you use for the grips blastmaster?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I regret sleeping on his kits. Yours came out excellent :thumbsup

If you don’t mind me asking, what method did you use for the grips @blastmaster?

Thanks so much,
So for the Grip, spray your Dark Grey first then I taped on this stuff, it's a tool drawer liner, very light weight and flexible, (you can get it at any Lowes or Home depot, it has the proper size squares and spray your Silver, just a quick mist, I did half the grip at a time, then lift the pattern off and give the whole grip a very light dark grey mist, let it dry and hit with a high gloss spray. Really does the trick!! Make sure to spray the Dark grey First.
Hope that helped, here is the Drawer liner.
AL
IMG_4438 copy 2.jpgIMG_4439 copy 2.jpg

Wicked, cheers man.

I have an incoming kit so I’m gathering info on different ideas on how to finish the grip.

I feel like that’s going to be the most difficult bit. Either that or I’m just making it out to be difficult, lol.

blastmaster, that's an ingenious solution to the problem of the grips. Beautiful finish on your blaster, too! I guess that's why you're the blastmaster. :thumbsup

Kylash, great idea about using reflective bumper stickers as a relatively easy, inexpensive, and effective replacement for the backlighting. (Tangentially related, but just last night I happened to read an article about how a modeler ruined the clear window of a mini Flying Sub with a stray drop of paint -- and then solved the problem by doing the tiny windshields with reflective tape.) The temporary version you did with metallic paper looks good! I'll be interested to see how one made on a highly reflective medium turns out.

Hey guys, new here and looking through here has definitely made my day!

I've been very interested in trying to make one of those Sony flip out camera devices, the one with the projector slides, featured in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAk0CObPE4. The furthest i've gotten is finding the slides that are used to slide it open, which i believe are these ones here ->
https://www.banggood.com/9MN-Miniat...886.html?rmmds=buy&ID=528794&cur_warehouse=CN.
(I may be wrong)

I definitely need to buy the book of props for reference, as I wish to 3d print the enclosure and try (eventually) put a raspberry pi in it and make like a music player that uses sd cards as the format, i think that would be pretty cool. Or, I could try put a digital camera in it and make it a functional camera with the sd card slot being the projector slide. I thought it would be a good project for me to learn the basics of making things by exposing myself to different techniques etc. Anyway I just wanted to post something and thought I may share my thoughts with you guys for my first comment.

Hey guys, new here and looking through here has definitely made my day!

I've been very interested in trying to make one of those Sony flip out camera devices, the one with the projector slides, featured in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAk0CObPE4. The furthest i've gotten is finding the slides that are used to slide it open, which i believe are these ones here ->
https://www.banggood.com/9MN-Miniat...886.html?rmmds=buy&ID=528794&cur_warehouse=CN.
(I may be wrong)

I definitely need to buy the book of props for reference, as I wish to 3d print the enclosure and try (eventually) put a raspberry pi in it and make like a music player that uses sd cards as the format, i think that would be pretty cool. Or, I could try put a digital camera in it and make it a functional camera with the sd card slot being the projector slide. I thought it would be a good project for me to learn the basics of making things by exposing myself to different techniques etc. Anyway I just wanted to post something and thought I may share my thoughts with you guys for my first comment.

Would love to see somebody tackle that Mini-Esper Machine. You could hide an rfid on the slides maybe that would call up the image on the pi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone else hasn’t already said, I noticed there is a LAPD stamp on the back of the photos when K is shufflng through them when talking to Mariette

Here`s my Birdie ID card and badge. Love em.

Birdie badge.JPG

The wallet is not the one I`m going to use as its a little long and thin but am waiting for one of the same design but the proper dimensions to arrive.

Glad you like them Tim :)

Sometime this week I'm going to have another shot at an illuminated version. I tried going the video greetings card route, but as a non electronics guru I found the components too fragile to fit in the wallet practically, without something breaking. I'm going to have a go with led tape and light diffusing acrylic. I tried el wire with a coin battery inverter but it just wasn't bright enough.

Glad you like them Tim :)

Sometime this week I'm going to have another shot at an illuminated version. I tried going the video greetings card route, but as a non electronics guru I found the components too fragile to fit in the wallet practically, without something breaking. I'm going to have a go with led tape and light diffusing acrylic. I tried el wire with a coin battery inverter but it just wasn't bright enough.

Now thats some very exciting news indeed.

26755629_10210930841414298_3600706_n.jpg

Trying to figure out what is to the right of Sappers scalpel.

It goes up to 400 which is too large a dose of medication for anything practical.

Also trying to track down the bag, best thing ive found is a chinese knockoff of the 5.11 headrest pouch, but it still dosnt look 100%.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back